“Luxury at a bargain price”

Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oro Valley
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is really a nice place,regardless of the cost. But with its very reasonable rates, it is an amazing deal. The hotel itself is lovely with updated decor, the rooms are large, again with updated decor, the bathroom is small but well equipped with granite countertop and shower walls. There is a nice exercise room conveniently located as well as a pool. The breakfast area is spacious, the food choices are many.They are pretty basic continental breakfast choices but there are quite a few selections. The coffee is my only complaint. Could not drink it--had to visit a coffee shop which will remain nameless around the corner for my caffeine fix.I already have a reservation to come back in two months and will look forward to staying here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nancydNC
franquijada, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

nancydNC,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. The entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley works very hard to provide each guest with the best possible experience, and they will be glad to hear that their efforts are being noticed.
We hope to see you again during your next trip to Tucson.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The check-in area & lobby is spacious, appealing, neat and clean. The ample breakfast area is to the right and laid out in an open fashion. The check-in desk is to the left. Ahead is a wide hallway leading to various conference rooms, guest rooms, elevators, and pool access. Signs clearly mark the respective venues and services.

Roger was on duty when I came to check us in and greeted me with a smile and cordial, “How are you doing?”. I handed him my reservation and went down the hall to the restroom. Upon my return, he had completed the majority of the process and only needed identification, a credit card, and signatures; easy and efficient. He went over the details of signing into WiFi, breakfast hours, advising coffee was available 24/7, and other facility information.

The property has a pleasant pool area that is ADA equipped; somewhat upscale for a middle of the road inn. The exercise facilities appeared top notch and clean offering resistance and cardio equipment. There were no unusual smells.

Our room was a pleasant surprise. It was spacious, very clean, had a good desk for work, an occasional chair with ottoman along with the desk chair and another occasional chair. The HVAC was controlled each at the in-wall unit as well as the wall thermostat. All worked as expected. A small fridge and small microwave were cabineted away with easy access. A coffee maker was in-room. The bed was made up well and had four pillows. However, the sheets were merely average on the otherwise comfortable bed. The pillow cases were fine. The flat-screen TV was cable or satellite accessed with HBO.

We usually stay at a similar class property while traveling or grabbing a weekend outing. Unfortunately, the majority of those facilities (see my other experiences) are pretty unimpressive; dirty, over deodorized, poor service, attitudes, travelers know the types. This place was stellar in its class.

The coffee maker in the room wasn't working. I reported it to the front desk when we went down for breakfast. For the included breakfast, they offer scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, pancakes, yogurts, cereals, juices (that tasted right), fresh fruits, breads, sweet rolls, and more. That was quite a spread, considering. The coffee maker was replaced before we got back to our room.

Checkout was as efficient as the arrival. All in all, this HI-E is what I would hope to find at every turn. We know it won't be that way which makes this property unique and exceptional. My regards to all involved in making our mini-vacation so very enjoyable. We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was a very nice stay. Comfortable and clean. There wasn't bedding in the room for the sleeper sofa but after a call to the front desk it was delivered. Good breakfast selections including pancakes sausage bacon and the cinnamon rolls were the best!! It was raining when we arrived so didn't use the outdoor pool area although it looked very nice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
franquijada, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

BWHClan,
Thank for your kind review, the entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley take pride in creating the best possible experience for all of our guest's.
We look forward to you next visit when you are back in our neck of the woods.

Frank Quijada

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I reserved a king sized bedroom on line. When we arrived after 9pm, we were greeted by Ashley at the front counter. What a wonderful lady to represent this hotel. We got to our room and found it to be exactly as advertised. The bed was very comfortable and there were pillows of various thicknesses. Sleeping here for these past two nights has been very nice. We were in room 114 with parking just outside our bedroom window.
The Hotel feels very new and clean. It is far enough off the main road Oracle so that you don't have traffic noise in the rooms.
The hotel offers free self serve breakfast with choices for hot or cold. Rolled oats, breads, yogurt etc and also omletes along with teas or coffees.
The room and bathroom was large and well decorated. There are ample electrical outlets to charge cell phones and other electronic devices.
This hotel is a treat. If you are in Oro Valley you really should stay here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Good value. Tucson having exceptional hot weather. 110 degrees. The y upgraded room to mountain view. Room very warm until air conditioner kicked in. Very clean and quiet. Needed to do laundry. Front desk did not have enough quarters. The person at front desk told me to go across the parking lot for the 4 quarters I did need. At 9 pm and tired for driving 6 hours did not feel like shlepping across a parking lot to get quarters. Did part of my laundry , brought back to room and dried in the morning when I went to buy coffee at Starbucks and had enough . If it were me at front desk I would have found 4 quarters and given to the guest. Plain simple customer service. But otherwise good clean room, served our purposes of a place to stay while in Tucson

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express has never disappointed me. I stay here when I'm in Oro Valley. There are a lot of hotels to choose from in this city, and this hotel has good customer service, comfortable beds in clean rooms, and a very nice breakfadt included in the room cost.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have MCS (multiple chemical sensitive), and travel is no easy feat. Hotels are especially problematic, with most of them feeling they need to pump chemical scent into every public area and spray every room.
I contacted the manager of this property, Mr. Quijada, in advance of our one night stay and asked if he could designate a room for me and have no chemical cleaners or sprays used for a day or so before arrival. (There are plenty of ways to effectively clean without chemicals). On top of that, I went for broke and asked for an early check in.
Mr. Quijada responded right away, said he was familiar with handling this issue, and detailed a 3 day plan of how they would handle the room I would be given. It was more than I expected, and very cheerfully and professionally handled.
The room worked very well for me, and I am really impressed and grateful for the care and service I received. And I got my early check in, to boot!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village
Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson-Mall
Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North? Share your experiences!