Hermosa Inn
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia(Paradise Valley)
  • Pool
All reviewsdeluxe casitaboutique hotelwine cellarresidential neighborhoodfresh baked cookiesbeehive fireplacedrop barphoenix areaturn down servicebeautiful experiencebeautiful flowersbottled waterprivate patioreception areatwo night staychocolate covered strawberrieslarge walk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Hermosa emphasizes quality over size, yet somehow has so many discrete corners that it feels more interesting than hotels and resorts 10 times its size. You'll never feel like you're part of an anonymous crowd at the Hermosa. As an introvert who values a discrete, personable setting, this place was perfect for me.

Nearly 100% of the hotel is ground floor. It comes with a library, and a genuine wine cellar. The staff are happy to organize dinners for you in either of them.

Best of all: the food was the best of any hotel I have stayed at in my life. It was something to write home about.

Room Tip: I was surprised to find the staff visit around 6pm to turn up the bed for the night. They come with a fresh chocolate chip bedtime cookie to leave on the nightstand, which is delicious. You may not need them to turn up your bed, but don't just tell them to go away - step outside, say hi, and let them offer you the cookie! :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack B
Kendra S, Public Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for such a fantastic review, Jack! How you describe the property as discrete and personable is exactly what we strive for and we are so happy that you enjoyed it.

I also passed on your kind words to the Executive Chef and culinary team at LON's - they were thrilled to hear it!

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in a deluxe casita. There are only 4 but worth the extra should you be debating on casita or deluxe.The Hermosa really is a delightful property. It only has 34 units and therefore you are a person and not just another guest. Special mention must go to Pam guest relations director and Randy - banqueting manager. We had been travelling for 2 weeks and this was our relaxing period - it did not dissapoint. The Hermosa is 'tucked' away - driving down the road you would be hard pushed to realise that it was there. However that makes it all the more appealing. Make your way from the car into the grounds and you soon appreciate the quality. The grounds are beautifully laid out with sculptures, cacti and plants and there are intimate areas you can sit and relax with a drink or book or both. Did not use the spa but made full use of the pool facilities which were excellent. We dined at Lon's restaurant and choose the patio. Very romantic with the sound of the water from the fountain together with the lanterns stratigically placed. Food and service were A1 and the staff certainly knew the menu and advised accordingly. Living in Scotland we are not in Phoenix that frequently but will definately return when next in the area.

Room Tip: The 4 deluxe casitas are in a more secluded area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the glowing review, and for sharing your experience with others! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay and have let both Pam and Randy know of your kind words.

Safe travels and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the States!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

After spending a week on Dories rafting down the Colorado, the Hermosa Inn was a true indulgence.
The deluxe Kaseeta was more room than we really required, but we enjoyed every moment. The bathroom was spa like, and allowed us to truly indulge ourselves.
The grounds are quite spectacular, and we took full advantage of the pool and hot tubs on the property.
On our last day we rented a poolside cabana. Perfect way to end our trip.
We had dinner the night before we departed at the restaurant Lon's.
Our server was very well-versed in the menu, and aided in us having a stellar experience at this restaurant.
I was also struck by the skill and knowledge of the bartender.
If I were to be critical of anything, it would've been our checkout. Our stay overlapped the seasonal change between September and October and our nightly rate increased by $100.
It wasn't so much the rate change, as I understand high and low seasons, but rather the reception my questions received from the young lady behind the desk.
During this interaction a second Hermossa employee join the conversation and made the interaction much more pleasant.
All in all a stellar place to stay.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review, Peter! It's so nice to hear we could help you indulge and relax a bit after a week of rafting down the Colorado. Sounds like an amazing vacation!

I made sure to let our Director of Guest Services know about your experience with check-out, as well as the receptionist who was handling your stay, so we hope to have any issues with that resolved moving forward.

We hope to see you again soon but in the meantime safe travels!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Please be aware of the fact that the Hermosa Inn has misleading cancelation policies. I reserved a room for a two-night stay in late September. Due to a family emergency, I submitted a 10-day advanced notice stating that I will no longer need a room. They informed me that I paid for a non-refundable room. I have three piece of written documentation that their cancelation policy is a 7-day notice. The Hermosa Inn refused to refund my money for the two nights...this is what I call stealing. Here's the facts: I gave an adequate notice, 10-days in advance; I have written documentation of all emails and cancelation polices which all state 7-day advanced notice; I was not offer a credit or any opportunity to recoup my money. I now have hired an attorney to help get my money back, the money that I earned, and they took - - must be nice to take money from people in-exchange for nothing. They have the audacity to take money from people and hide behind misleading polices...what type of business steals? Businesses with poor management and bad ethics. I'm a frequent traveler with over 100K in airline miles, which I do annually, along with many overnight stays. We all know that hotels will do what they can to make the potential guest happy and be accommodating to one's needs...not the Hermosa Inn. I was within their polices and they refused to refund my money. Even if I weren't within their polices, I would hope that in an emergency situation they would be accommodating. I've experienced hotels that do the right thing regardless of their polices.

The Hermosa Inn let me down. I can't think of another word to explain their behavior, stealing seems to be the word of choice. Each year I have have three, to four consultants, stay at the Hermosa Inn, not any longer. What puzzles me, if they're such a great hotel, why couldn't they fill a room for two-nights with a 10-day notice? That itself speaks to how they treat people and their business ethics.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank FrankRII
Kendra S, Public Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Frank,

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience at The Hermosa Inn earlier this year. After looking into your account, as well as speaking with both our Director of Guest Services, Pam Swartz, and our Managing Director, Michael Gildersleeve, our records show that you paid for a “Preferred Advance Purchase,” which it states on the website is “fully prepaid – non-cancellable/non-refundable rate plan. Prepayment for full stay due at booking – non-refundable.”

I do understand your frustrations, as other, larger hotels are able to bend on their policies in some cases, but being a boutique property with only 34 guest rooms does not allow us that luxury when it comes to advance purchase sales. We do apologize for this inconvenience and if you’d like to discuss this further, please contact Mr. Gildersleeve directly (602.955.8614 or MGildersleeve@HermosaInn.com). He would be happy to clarify any policies and procedures, and connect you with a reservationist who can walk you through any future bookings to ensure there's no confusion.

Thank you, and again our apologies for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at the Hermosa Inn after searching online for a luxurious but intimate place to relax. The Hermosa Inn is that place and more! Our casita was comfortable, beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean. The huge shower and soaking tub in the bathroom were wonderful. The only thing missing in the bathroom was a make-up/magnifying mirror and I have a feeling that had I requested one the staff would have provided it. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The grounds are a mini southwest botanical and sculpture garden combined. Many of the plants are labeled with their names - helpful if you are not from the southwest. Our casita, number 104, was secluded as we requested it be. The pool area is lovely and I would recommend reserving one of the few cabanas if you plan to spend the day poolside. We had dinner at Lon's after dark on the patio. It is a very romantic setting, particularly with the duo playing guitars, all of the lanterns lit and the beautiful fountain splashing into its pool. I wish we had stayed more than three days and next time we will. The drive from Sky Harbor airport was about 15 minutes, making the Hermosa Inn convenient as well as a perfect place to relax.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review, Janis! We're so happy to hear that the property and our restaurant was everything you'd hoped for and made for such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Safe travels!