“What an experience!”

Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed 26 August 2014

A perfectly situated property, luxurious surroundings, outstanding staff and amazing Spa made this stay and experience to remember. Focused on customer service, the staff exceeded our expectations and the Spa provided just what we needed to relax and rejuvinate. This Spa is now at the top of our list!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Reviewed 26 August 2014

clean, friendly, great service, fun and just absolutely the best place I've ever stayed. it was so relaxing and a great getaway. felt like i was in paradise. private patio with lounge chairs. great views of the camel back mountain. go there !!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I booked two nights at the Omni Scottsdale to pamper myself while becoming smoke free. IT WORKED! Two days of detoxing with all the wonderful Spa amenities, setting the intention as I arrived on the beautiful crystal, and a relaxing reflexology massage were the catalyst for a new life style. I would highly recommend this facility for anyone needing a little extra help to get through the initial phase of becoming smoke free.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Theresa L
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Decided on the Montelucia because of a special summer offer. I had heard the property had recently change ownership and was a acquired by Omni. Needless to say I was a little hesitant. However, to my elated surprised the transition seemed to be seamless. Being the off season (June) the property was quiet providing the opportunity to take advantage of resort activities like yoga classes and wine tasting. Here I must pause and praise the young women who is their sommelier. She conducted a wonderful complimentary extremely knowledgeable wine tasting. I highly recommend to all future guest of the property to check it out. Anyway, my room had a wonderful view of the mountains, but the trees could be trimmed back for an even better view. To acknowledged by B-day the resort delivered chocolate covered strawberry's and a bottle of wine, with a card to my room. This little touch was much appreciated. Since I didn't want to venture out I choose to eat at the Prado Restaurant. Being a vegetarian, it was great to see some selections on the menu. I thoroughly enjoyed by meal along with the fabulous bottle of wine I had learned about at wine class. Overall, the Montelucia provided a great B-day celebration getaway.

Room Tip: For mountain view choose a second level room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was at the Montelucia Resort & Spa on business and my wife accompanied me during our 5 day visit. My wife enjoyed her leisure at the pool and spa, and we both enjoyed the excellent room. This is one of the better resorts we have stayed at in the Southwest, and we will definitely be going back as we visit Scottsdale on a regular basis.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Booked the hotel because of the great "Dive In " Summer deal. The resort was clean and beautiful. We got just the room we requested. A large room facing the Camelback Mountains. It was quiet and beautiful. Ate dinner at the Prado. Yes, it is not cheap, but hey, this is a resort. Food was excellent. I had the Chicken and Brussel Sprouts, and my husband the special New York Strip. Enjoyed the music. Really enjoy the fire pits outside. Food at the Centro for lunch was also great, especially the salads. Enjoyed a afternoon massage. I had the best massage ever from "KIM". You must request her! Pool was clean, and the service was unbelievable. All the workers would greet us with a smile. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank KLJJMP
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Montelucia is a very nice resort. The staff is great; they all clearly understand the "service with a smile" concept! We were given a complimentary room upgrade as we were there to celebrate a birthday; the room was quite spacious. The two pools were being enjoyed by lots of folks, and we enjoyed our afternoon tapas and evening dinner at the Prado restaurant. So, all-in-all, it was very nice.

However, the Montelucia used to be GREAT. Previously you would encounter wonderful aromas of burning herbs as you walked onto and throughout the property; not this time. The dinner at the Prado was well prepared, but the menu in now very limited. Two glasses of house wine at the pool-side café were $27 before tip. The next morning, when we tried to use the video check out, we found that the television was not working at all; although we hadn’t actually wanted to watch any programs during our stay, this is still a bit surprising for an upscale resort. The framing of the patio door was splintered and peeling on one side.

So, while I still think this resort is worth visiting, it no longer seems to be at the top of the list of those that are available in the Phoenix area. Very sad.

1  Thank Robert A
marcom_scottsdale, Manager at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share valuable feedback regarding your stay. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the warmth and hospitality of our staff and that you enjoyed your accommodation upgrade. We are disappointed to hear that your experience in Prado did not exceed your expectations. We apologize that you found the menu to be limited. We ensure that guests have a wide variety of locally sourced options to include meat, poultry, and vegetarian/vegan options. Given our farm to table approach, our menu does fluctuate based on what is in season. We encourage you to join us in October when we unveil a new menu for Prado’s Restoration! We also extend sincere apologies for the wear and tear issues you experienced in your room. We assure you that it is our highest priority to maintain clean and well-appointed guestrooms and suites. Please know that the concerns you raised have been addressed. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!