“For breakfast --- has everything you could ask for!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prado at Montelucia Resort & Spa

Prado at Montelucia Resort & Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Prado at Montelucia Resort & Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Prado, the resort’s signature restaurant, is filled with character and relaxed elegance. Prado has been honored regionally and nationally by a wide range of publications in the past year including the prestigious Best New Restaurants of 2009 award locally by Phoenix Magazine and Nationally by Esquire Magazine.
RatherNotSay
“For breakfast --- has everything you could ask for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Service, atmosphere, food quality! We had breakfast here while staying at the resort. It's not until you're seated on the outdoor patio overlooking the pool, grounds and mountain that it begins to sink in that you get to eat while taking in this view. At that point, I would have been happy with just about anything to eat, but then we ordered Huevos Rancheros (house specialty) and an Egg White Frittata with bowls of fresh fruit, and well, it became my favorite breakfast of all time. The service is very attentive. Some of the staff are a little more formal than others, but no matter who you get, they are always smiling and want you to have a great meal. Eating breakfast while looking out at that view --- I couldn't stop smiling. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014

Northville, Michigan
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The service (almost overly attentive) and food was wonderful but it is extremely expensive. Only ate here once during our stay.

Visited April 2014
Seattle
“Nice but a bit pretentious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is located inside a resort, so your only parking option is valet service. The restaurant is huge and beautiful, with an enormous bar and lots of nooks and crannies. There was a live band, ably playing classic nightclub tunes. Service was a bit strange. The hostess seemed preoccupied with carting menus around the restaurant, so it took awhile for me to tell someone (who saw me and stepped in for her) that I had a reservation. My waiter was great when he was there, but there were long, long periods between appearances. The hostess, however, made a point of coming over much later, immediately after I had taken a large bite, to greet me by name and ask me to tell her where I was from and what I thought of the restaurant. Odd. Also a bit odd was having to defend my plate from seizure by another service person, and having a fourth devoted solely to filling my water glass. As for the food, very nice. I tried the calamari appetizer, which was something like a tempura take on fried calamari, and it was divine. Also excellent was the fried baby artichoke salad with red quinoa and arugula. Lastly I got the small plate caramelized cauliflower, which was too wonderful to stop eating. The wine list is excellent and although my glass of cabernet was $22, it was truly excellent. This restaurant, overall, is pricey and overstaffed, but I'd go back for more of the outstanding cuisine.

Visited May 2014
Alberta, CANADA
“Great place, food and customer service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I wasn't sure if I should give them 4 or 5 stars, and here's why. On our first visit, there was some confusion among the waiters, and we waited 20 minutes to order a glass of wine. When they realized their gaffe, they were very apologetic, and with no prompting from us (we were understanding that mistakes happen) removed the dessert from our bill. I would say that leaving us waiting in a high end restaurant would get them a 4 star review, but we appreciated the way they dealt with it, and showed us that they cared about customer service. So! they get 5. :) The waiters here are very courteous, appropriate and friendly without being stuffy. The food was great. We took a chance and ordered the chef's special that night - a sea bass special for two, and were we impressed! It was so delicious, and we told our waiter so. A little while later, the chef himself (very good looking! :)), came over to our table tell us how much he appreciated that we enjoyed his special. Do they really do that!? We got a kick out of it, and it made us feel special. There are lots of great options for restaurants in this area, but we chose to have both of our dinners at Prado, because it was really just excellent. Nice ambience (quiet, inobtrusive live music), great design with open air on one side, and a lovely view of Camelback Mountain. We would definitely return!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Go for the food - stay for the incredible service and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We've been here multiple times - the service is impeccable. Really gorgeous outside seating area with fireplace and scenery. OUTSTANDING hostess (Anne) and all the staff was excellent. Live Jazz on Friday nights (a tad loud but just sit outside - or tell them to turn it down, they are very accommodating). Everything is pretty to watch - the architecture, outdoor view, the people, the ambiance….all European (my Euro-hubby said it looks authentic), all tasteful and relaxing. We'll keep going back, for business and as a couple.

• Visited March 2014