Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale(Paradise Valley)
  • Pool
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia(Paradise Valley)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,844 results
All reviewsjade barelements restaurantspa casitainfinity poolcamelback mountaintop notchmountain view suitespa treatmentsliving roomroom serviceflip flopsget awayfitness classespool staffturn down servicefour seasonssoaking tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a beautiful (albeit small) resort tucked away in Paradise Valley. It has manicured grounds and lovely rooms/casitas that feel very private. The on site restaurant and bar serve delicious creations. The spa offers a wide array of professional services in a modern yet tranquil ambience. They seem to strive for personal, yet very professional customer service. We really enjoyed our 4 night stay here.
A couple of small negatives: we could hear the people in the room next to us; perhaps better insulation? There are also no movies available to watch in the rooms; you have to borrow a DVD player and movies from the front desk. Not exactly ideal. Otherwise, we had a great, first rate time.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Sancmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on your experience. It sounds like you had a wonderful time overall, which is always great to hear. I’m glad you got to enjoy the restaurant, bar and spa. Thank you for letting us know about the noise, we are working to address this issue. We apologize if the noise from your neighbors caused any disruption during your stay and for any inconvenience the DVD player caused. Hopefully you left the resort relaxed and refreshed and we will see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I spent 6 days at the Sanctuary in March 2014. This was my second visit to the Sanctuary so I knew the ropes and what to expect which was a wonderful, quiet stay in lovely Paradie Valley. I had had quite enough of New York winter and was really looking forward to cloudless warm days in Arizona. The Sancutary is exactly my idea of quiet, simple and beautiful luxe. Some reviewers contrast the Sanctuary unfavorably with the Four Seasons. The Sanctuary is every as fine as the Four Seasons in my opinion but perhaps looser and more casual which I liked. I took enough clothes but spent my days in tee shirts, flip flops, bathing suits and bermuda shorts. I stayed in a wonderful room down in the Spa Quarter, near the both pools. The room was perfect and perfectly lovely with large bathroom and lots of soft light. While I did not sit on my private deck I did like having it. I had come to the Sanctuary to relax and take swimming lessons from Olympic champion Misty Hyman as I had last year. Between swimming lessons, and swimming and massages and the sun I did absolutely nothing at all. I am not ordinarily a person who does nothing while "relaxing" but the Sanctuary is very seductive and I did just that, nothing at all. I read and swam and the days drifted by. The staff, the maids and wait staff in particular, are very very nice and as attentive as you want them to be. Having read, several contrarian reviews, I would say that everything is done with quiet efficiency, the grounds are beautiful, the spa wonderful, despite those reviews, and the services just enough and as much as you might want. I hope that I will be able to return next year to fine tune my free style and breast stroke with Misty and once again, do nothing except relax at my own pace. I would suggest that visitors take the option of prepaid breakfast which is the perfect way to begin the day. I would also suggest that if you want the best massage in the world, ask for Damian. He will tailor the massage to your specifications. We discussed what I wanted which was theraputic sports and he took over from there. My massages were some of the best of my life. And lastly if you are a swimmer I suggest lessons with Misty. She is a brilliant teacher as well as the nicest person. She took me from step to step in both free and breast and both are transformed! Now I can only hope that I will be able to return next year. The Sancutary rates *****.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank NYCNYC2747
Sancmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. You picked a good time of year to escape the cold New York winter weather. Glad to hear you felt very comfortable and relaxed during your stay. Misty is amazing and I’m glad you took advantage of the lessons, but still found plenty of time to relax. We really appreciate the comments about the staff, who always do their best to ensure each guest has a magical experience. Sounds like you also really enjoyed your spa treatments as well. Thank you again for all the kind things you had to say about the resort and your most recent experience. We hope you have a wonderful rest of the year and we will see you next year!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband & I stayed here in early June, 2013 for a business trip.

We arrived a bit before check-in, but they took our cell number & called us as soon as the room was ready. They were very friendly, never rude.

We were in just a regular room – toward the back, up the hill. What a great room! There was plenty of space for two of us and it was very dark for sleeping in. Nice chaise lounge & bar area. Bed was comfy too. The walk back up the hill was a bit killer after evening dinners & such, but I wore flats versus the heels which helped. Made for a nice workout.

The pool felt great in June! I normally don’t go in chlorine pools, but I made an exception for this one. The pool area was smaller than I was expecting, but nice. There was a smaller pool closer to our room, but we never used that one. Love the cold towels that they pass around. The staff would move umbrella’s for you if there was one available to move. There were times that if you were just wanting cold water rather than ordering an actual drink or food, you did feel a little neglected, but we still had a good time.

The food was delicious. Didn’t have anything I didn’t like. We had room service for breakfast & then ate at the main restaurant for lunch or by the pool. Our dinners were either outside or in their conference center.

I had two treatments in the spa. LOVED my first one a deep tissue body massage with the scalp massage. I HATED my second treatment which was just a regular deep tissue massage. I am used to getting deep tissue massages, so they are not new to me, but.my second massage was so bad, I had to stay in bed the rest of the day, as I was nauseous. I’ve never had that experience before with a massage. What’s sad is the first masseuse, who I loved, recommended the second one.

Wifi worked in the room from what I remember.

I see why people enjoy places like this in the dessert. It was a nice short trip on someone else’s dime. Would we go back on our own, maybe during winter.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Sancmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your last stay at Sanctuary. We’re happy to hear both you and your husband enjoyed the room and were able to get some restful sleep. I know walking up to a mountain suite or casita can be tiresome. Next time you stay, please don’t hesitate to call our bell stand for a ride to or from your room. Glad you were able to take advantage of the pool, it’s a must during those extraordinarily hot summer days. I’m sorry that staff made you feels less important than other customers for ordering a water, as that is not the case at all. Thank you for mentioning this, we will bring it up to the pool staff to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future. Both our catering staff and elements staff work hard to deliver innovate and delicious cuisine, which it sounds like you really enjoyed. We’re so sorry to hear about your experience with your second massage. If you would like to discuss your treatment with us any further I invite you to contact me Steven Leslie at sleslie@sanctuaryaz.com. We would like to ensure that your experience never happens again to you or any other customer. Hopefully we will see you again sometime for vacation. And you’ve got the right idea of coming to the resort during winter, it’s the perfect time to take in all Sanctuary and Arizona has to offer. Thank you again for sharing your feedback on your previous stay, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This resort is so relaxing and offers such tranquility. The views, service, rooms, grounds, pool and staff were lovely. The room offers such a serene experience. All the bath products, robes and flip flops were wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Sancmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. We always love hearing when our guests have a wonderful experience at the resort. Hopefully you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I cannot say enough about this resort. It is absolute perfection at every moment. The vibe is so calming that it is impossible not to feel rejuvenated after a stay here. The way people interacted with us, both travelers and staff, was so refreshing..........very kind, relaxed and thoughtful. Every evening we would pre-order breakfast and, at the appointed time the following morning, it would arrive. The table would be set for us and delicious hot food was presented in a beautiful way. We would eat while looking out the plate glass window at the stunning view. Or, if the temps cooperated, we would eat on the balcony. A perfect way to start a day of pampering! Dinner in Elements was such a treat. The menu is interesting and the food is some of the best we've ever had. Again, the sunset view is mind-blowing!!

We had not been to Sanctuary in 7 years and we hoped that we'd find it as perfect as we remembered it. All expectations met and exceeded. It is still a gem. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We prefer the Mountain suites. The view is breathtaking at all hours of the day and night! I like being on the end of a building. A balcony is also a must for us.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and sharing your recent experience here on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit, and glad you left relaxed and refreshed. It’s always nice to hear what our guests think about the resort, especially returning guests who haven’t stayed with us in a few years. We’re very glad the visit lived up to your previous experience. Sounds like you figured out the perfect way to start the day here at the resort. We’re happy to hear you had a great meal at elements, and got to take the stunning sunset while dinning. There really is nothing quite like that view! We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully sometime soon!