Situated in the aptly named 'Paradise Valley', the Sanctuary is a beautiful and welcoming retreat, surpassing all expectations you might have.
We read about it in the BA in flight magazine and thought it looked like the ideal place to chill by a pool and soak up the sunshine - and it is every bit as lovely as the photos. The pool is heavenly and bigger than you expect. The hot tub however is excruciatingly hot!
Service is impeccable, from ice water being topped up by the pool constantly, to its turndown service with candles being lit in your room. Some very good staff here including Madaline, Casey and Raquel, who were fab. There's lots of small touches which have been carefully considered to make your stay perfect. None of this was lost on us - we were really impressed.
The hotel's Jade bar serves a casual menu and yummy cocktails, although we weren't bowled over by breakfast. Brilliant live music- don't miss the Angela Ferrario trio if you get the chance. We also enjoyed the chilled and indie rock music being played throughout the day.
Rooms were wonderful. A large comfortable bed and peace and quiet wherever you stay - since rooms are separate to the hotel (such a good idea). Loved the decor and colours - again, lots of thoughtful detail and touches.
A nice friendly crowd come here, noticeably lots of Americans and groups of ladies, getting considerably busier at the weekend. We came as a couple, and thought it was the ideal retreat.
You get the impression that no expense is spared and every guest is looked after with great care. This is what makes it one of the best places I've had the pleasure of staying in and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your sanctuary at the best Arizona resort...a luxury boutique hideaway on Camelback Mountain. Overlooking the spectacular views of Paradise Valley, relax in a mountainside or spa casita. Retreat to Sanctuary Spa for Asian-inspired treatments and exhilarating classes. Taste the award-winning cuisine of elements' by Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan. Savor the sunset at jade bar or on edge, raising the bar for happy hour. Play tennis or hike in a fabulous setting, lounge by the infinity-edge pool, or indulge in Scottsdale's hottest shopping, cultural attractions and championship golf just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sanctuary Camelback Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Hotel Paradise Valley
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Paradise Valley