“Ate here based on good reviews and it was disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tottie's Asian Fusion
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
El Paso, Texas, USA
“Ate here based on good reviews and it was disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We ate lunch here based on the glowing reviews. The price was very reasonable at $25 for two including tip. The food was actually quite disappointing. We both had shrimp pad thai which was quite bland. The shrimp were fresh and large, but the presentation was just odd. First it comes with your choice of fried or steamed rice, soup, and a spring roll. The spring roll was a highlight but the soup was not very good and who serves rice with noodles?

Overall I would not return and don't understand all the good reviews. Have they not had authentic Thai food? The restaurant also had a strange smell when we walked in, not bad but I don't know what it was.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wow what a surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Ok, we were iffy on visiting a strip mall asian fusion restaurant....we almost didn't walk in... Well... It was awesome. The waitress was awesome, the food was great, the quantity was wonderful and we didn't leave Hungary that's for sure. It's a must - try it. The flavor of each menu item we tried was perfect. We will be back!

• Visited July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Wake-Up For Your Taste Buds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

There was a chance to take a client to lunch, and on their recommendation we ended up going to Totties Asian Fusion 2 and ended up finding a little gold mine. The Thai and Vietnamese selections were fabulous with a unique blend of flavors and spices.

The mini-salad had the single most unique flavor to date...the usual mix of greens dashed with cilantro, mint and ginger to accompany a quasi-vinegar/soy-sauce dressing. While it may sound a bit odd, the mix was unique blend of flavors and spices. The tottie rolls were delicious albeit not the most healthy.

The main dish of Pad Thai had chicken with stir-fried noodles (again, not the most healthy), crushed peanuts, carrots, purple cabbage, bean sprouts and cilantro to accompany some brown rice. Most of the meal was taken home and had two more meals out of it.

Over all the flavors and spices make the food unique, and while some dishes may not be the most healthy, it is a phenomenal break from other restaurants. Definitely going to return.

• Visited July 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Always A Mystery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was the best of times, and then it was the worst of times, and then... I eat at the Tottie's at Hayden and Thomas, and have been eating there off and on for 8 years. The first few times it was great! Then it began to vary. Initially, everything was delicious and perfectly prepared. I went there alone, as a couple, groups of friends, and for take-out.

The take-out was the first thing to yo-yo on me. One time I would get home and be overjoyed, and the next, far from happy with the taste or quality of my purchase. I've given up on take-out. If I'm still in the restaurant when I taste my food, I can attempt to have it made right on the spot. I won't make a trip back to return bad take-out...

Eating in, the experience appears to have declined since the Tottie's opened on Scottsdale Rd. My guess is that is where Tottie spends her time.

In spite of the ups and downs, if I want Asian food close to home on a Sunday, I give Tottie's a try. Sometimes a break is in order after over cooked soft shell crab, or GREASY egg foo young. I always know that the next time, it is very possible they will get it right.

Visited June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Kingdom of Sodium.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I tried this restaurant a couple times over the last year...finally, i decided today to rate this place : it is quite average, not bad, but surely not great...The food is always over salted and seems to be laced in soy sauce, regardless the dish. To rank this restaurant as number 8 in Scottsdale is absurd, i have 2 Thais restaurant in my area, that are not even rated and are so much better....Don't take me wrong, the food is good, but again not great, and every dish seems falling short in seasoning or flavor...enter soy or fish sauce, one trick-pony, that seems effective with most patrons, sorry, it is not for my taste...i will try this place again within the next 6 month. The decor is very tasteful and charming.

• Visited October 2013