“The classic of all Marriotts”

JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Camelback Inn has been there FOREVER with a great history and a killer location nestled between Camelback Mountain and Mummy Mountain. To the direct west is what used to be called Squaw Peak but had its name changed for political correctness.

Grounds are fantastic and reflect what years of shaping and blending into the desert can do. Clearly a desert oasis.

Room Tip: Any room is great. Many guests likely consider the proximity to the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,060)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When we arrived at the hotel we truly thought we had arrived in "Paradise". Staying there was an unforgettable experience. Our room was lovely and had all the comforts you could wish for. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were polite, friendly and extremely helpful. The food in the BLT Restaurant was sublime, we had the pork ribs and the wagu beef, both of which were the best meat we had ever tasted. Our stay at this hotel provided the perfect end to our best holiday ever and would recommend it to anyone. Just one word of warning it was very hot when we were there at the beginning of August (0ver 100 degrees).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I visited Paradise Valley for business. After one night at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn I adjusted my travel plans to stay a few additional few days on leisure. Phillip, Shea and Jason at the front desk could not have been more helpful. Every issue was resolved with professionalism and in a timely manner. They insured me I was getting the best rate as a Platinum Elite client.

After asking me inquisitive questions based on what type of fun I was looking for during my stay, Roberta at the concierge center arranged my spa appointments and excursion tours. Gina, Debra and Cheryl made sure my visits to the spa would not be my last. Especially Cheryl who teased me after hearing this would be my first ever pedicure. She put me at ease and my feet have never felt better. I chose an excursion to Sedona and The Grand Canyon. Roberta arranged my first visit to the Canyon through 'Detours', a local touring company. It was a long day, but worth the long drive to see such an amazing place. The only negative of the tour is the visit to a the Navajo Indian Reservation at the end. It's 30-45 minutes of wasted time at a gift shop that would be better spent at Sedona or the Canyon. Other than that, the tour is highly recommended for those who only have a day and don't want to be bothered renting a car. If you visit this property go see Roberta. She will guide you through the myriad of options on and off the property that will be the 'icing on the cake' for your stay at the property.

All my previous visits to the Phoenix/Scottsdale location ended up the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge and Spa. The 'Ridge' location is fantastic for families and the lazy river pool is amazing. But the JW at Camelback offers a completely different experience tailored for those who are truly interested in the spa type atmosphere and reconnecting with nature and yourself. It was a magical experience made even better by those employees I've recognized who went above and beyond to ensure I will return to this property many more times in the future. Thank you for truly showing me what a 'real vacation' is supposed to look and feel like.

Room Tip: Make sure you check to see if the hotel is offering resort credits during your stay. I received a r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is probably one of my favorite place in north America for a relaxing vacation under the sun. Surrondings are Beautiful , hotel staff is Great, BLT (bistro Laurent Tourondel) is amazing. Taste the famous cheese popovers. Will certainly Go back in the futur.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean B
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The the grounds are great and the rooms are very nice. My only annoyance was the service at the pool. The one day I had to relax at the pool the server (I saw only one) was so overextended that I had to flag him down to get a drink after he had passed me several time for over an hour. Ordering a second drink or food proved futile and I had to leave the pool not even being brought my check (after asking for it). At a hotel of this caliber I would have expected a lot more in terms of service...

Room Tip: the 300's are good midway btw pool and lobby
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our 5th Anniversary and had the best experience imaginable! The staff was beyond incredible and went above and beyond to make our stay unforgettable. They had champagne and chocolate strawberries waiting for us and upgraded us to a room with an AMAZING view! The hotel grounds are so beautifully maintained and the ambiance is perfect as well. We had happy hour at the R Bar, which had great drinks and snacks, also live music began around 6! For dinner we went to BLT Steak, which was one of the best meals we've ever had. Our server Chris was so knowledgeable and friendly and made the dinner so much more of an experience. The location is perfect though, with amazing views from all spots. Nearby is the Biltmore area with plenty of restaurants and scottsdale fashion square mall. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable and had anything you could possibly need! Overall, this was one of the most memorable resort experiences we've ever had and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The staff was so friendly, I called a few days prior to our stay and asked if there were any rooms w...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

After a long travel from Belgium, this is the ideal location to relax and prepare for a US National Parks tour :-) Very nice and spacious rooms, friendly and helpfull personel; the only drawback is that you have to pay for the WIFI, sorry, this not acceptable anymore.

Stayed: July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!