Our stay here was so awful, we need another vacation! Even at our off-season rate of $174, this hotel was nowhere near worth the money. We'll never stay here again, and may never stay in another Marriott.
1) At check in, the front desk manager couldn't find our reservation due to hotel's incorrect spelling of our name. Her attitude was not apologetic, but made us feel unwelcome from the start. She also told us my parents were not staying there, even though they had been there already for three nights.
2) We had requested a non-smoking room. The room we were given had an ashtray in it and smelled smokey, even though we were told (again by the front desk manager) that this was a non-smoking room. Our room was also mainly reachable and looked directly onto the service entrance of the hotel, where all the food deliveries and garbage trucks arrived and left.
3) The first night, at 9PM, while we were sleeping, a housekeeper came in, shouting loudly to his co-worker, opened the door so forcefully it banged against the wall, turned on the lights, frightened all of us, including the baby who was sound asleep, and instead of apologizing, just said that he had knocked.
4) The men's room near the lobby was very poorly maintained--one afternoon I went in and there was dried urine on the toilet seat, the trash hadn't been emptied in awhile.
5) The trash bin of the pool area near the lobby was also poorly maintained, and overflowing.
6) The clock-radio in room was broken, didn't play CDs as it was supposed to.
7) We had ordered a rollaway bed when we made our reservation, and it took several hours for it to be delivered.
8) When we ordered macaroni and cheese for our daughter from room service (at a price of $5), what arrived was a plate full of lukewarm Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
9) While attempting to eat at the spa restaurant, our food took over 40 minutes to arrive, and NOBODY came to us to explain why our food was so late, or to offer us some kind of snack while we waited (with our SMALL CHILD). Our food only arrived after we complained loudly to the maitre’d.
We could on go, but you get the picture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unrivaled among Scottsdale resorts, JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa remains faithful to its storied history while boldly embracing the future. Located on a breathtaking 125-acre campus beneath Mummy Mountain, this stunning luxury resort features a hacienda style entry, casita guest rooms and impressive amenities that leave guests with the thought of "In all the world, only one..." In addition to 24-hour room service guests can indulge in the fresh restaurant offerings including Rita's Kitchen, R Bar, featuring live music and inviting fire pits, or the famed BLT Steak. Golfers will enjoy 36-holes of championship golf at Camelback Golf Club or instruction from the Advantage Golf School. Spa-goers can unwind at award-winning Camelback Spa with a signature spa treatment, or poolside beneath a cabana while overlooking Camelback Mountain. When you are ready to discover the local area, allow the professional concierges to compliment your interests with the perfect activity or attraction. It's easy to understand why families, business luminaries and leaders alike return to Camelback Inn year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Hotel Paradise Valley
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Scottsdale
- Camelback Hotel Jw Marriott
- Marriott Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Marriott