“Overpriced, needs TLC”

Add it.
Budget Inn Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Parker
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We needed a place to stay for one night. I knew we would be arriving late and leaving at dawn so I wasn't overly concerned with the property. This property had the lowest posted price online for the immediate area. I saw the poor reviews but opted to give it a try.

We arrived and checked in without any issue. Our room had the heater on which wasn't necessary and enhanced the room's stagnant musty old smell. Fortunately the A/C worked and cooled the room down quickly.

The road traffic is loud, the walls are thin (you can hear your neighbors), and the room was very small with limited room to move around. Everything is old and worn. There were old school bathroom dispensers for soap and shampoo (seemed to cheapen the room even more than we thought possible). The best aspect was the large TV and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. With tax we paid about $70 which is ridiculous for the accommodations. In most areas a property like this would be pushing it to charge $40. We chalked it up to paying for the convenient location. I might even be overly generous... We had been driving for 18 hours and I never saw the property in daylight.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gustav2011

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We arrived around 5:00 after driving 4.5 hours from Tucson. Checkin was easy an the man at the desk stated he was new to the area when I asked about the location of a local restaurant. Getting into our room, we found that the air conditioning had not been turned on. With 115 degree temps, I think that this should have been done since we would have been charged for the night as a no-show. It took 3 hours to get the room comfortable enough to take a shower so we wouldn't sweat afterwards. $70 for this room is expensive for the age. There is a fridge, microwave, and large sink in the kitchenette. We didn't need a kitchenette which is probably the cost of $70 for the room but wanted two beds. There was no body soap in the shower dispenser but I must say that the beds were very comfortable and the room got cold during the night. We had to take some bedding to plug the 1" opening under the door to help cool the room faster. Wish we had checked Trip Advisor before booking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ProBBMom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My boyfriend and I travel for his work, so we have seen great and bad hotels all of the US. But this place easily took the cake in being the worst! For starters, they are extremely overpriced for what you get. They have kitchenette rooms and regular rooms.. The kitchenettes are decently spacious, but half of the 'kitchen' is the tiny bathroom and half of the kitchen utilities are broken. So, we decided to get one of the regular rooms with a single bed. This room was literally a 15x15 cubical (and that includes the bathroom). The room, along with the bathroom, was disgusting when we opened the door. The poor cleaning ladies do the best they can, but the owners need to make some serious repairs. The best part to this room was the 40 inch tv. Other than that, this room had absolutely no appeal.

After being there about a day or two, my boyfriend and I began to find bed bugs!!! We put one in a cup and took it to the office. We tried to be as nice as possible and just asked if they could get our room treated. The owners wife refused, told us it was a cockroach (it most definitely wasn't!!!) and threw it away. We walked away disgusted but had no other option but to deal with it for a day or two because they wouldn't give us our money back and almost every other hotel was booked.

During those days, I went to do laundry at their machines they had advertised all over the hotel. They weren't working after I had put it $3 worth. I asked the woman what I was doing wrong and she bluntly stated 'they are broken. You should have asked us first' when I stated I hadn't known and asked for my money back, she fought me hand and foot over $3!!! Eventually I got it back, and she said I should 'learn my lesson' by this ordeal. Absolutely rude and unprofessional!

My biggest issue, however, was that they allow pets with a $25 a week charge which was at first refreshing because we have a puppy. When we paid the fee, I asked if there was any designated pet areas or rules.. The owner(man) said no and not to worry about it as long as he doesn't make a mess in the room because our room would be in back. A few days into our stay, the woman wakes us up calling our room. She goes on to tell me that 'our dog can not poop outside'. I asked again about a pet area, and she said there was none but he 'cant go outside!' A little irritated with these people by now, I responded 'do you want him to go inside?' The woman got very loud and rude and said 'you pick it up today!!'. Explain that to me! How do they treat customers like this? I have no problem cleaning up after my dog, but they should have informed me either before or much nicer than they did.. Especially because I had asked upon arrival!!

I will never go back there again! It was a HORRIBLE experience! Don't go there!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Clippers44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
Best Western Parker Inn
#4 of 11 in Parker
Harbour Inn
Harbour Inn
#2 of 11 in Parker

Been to Budget Inn Motel? Share your experiences!