“Bedbug alert! Not worth it!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parker
BlueWater Resort and Casino
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Parker
Reviewed 6 March 2009

The only thing going for this hotel is that it's cheap. I assume the cheap price is due to extremely low cleaning costs. When I got to my room, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all, there was still trash / towels on the floor and I actually found a used condom. Disgusted, I went to the front desk to ask for another room. This new room didn't have garbage, thank god, but it was obviously very poorly cleaned. When I lied on the bed there were crumbs and dirt / bits of ceiling on my bed. I brushed it off and went to sleep. Around midday the next day, I realized that I had been attacked by BEDBUGS. My whole body was covered in lines of red dots, along my veins, those little blood suckers. I have never been so itchy in my ENTIRE LIFE. terrible, dirty, hotel. Pay the extra 10 bucks for a cleaner room in Parker.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank bitesnothanks

Reviewed 4 March 2009

This is one of the worst hotels i have ever stayed at. The rooms were filthy, and smelt like smoke, the bed sheets looked like they hadnt been washed in months, and they make you get a different wristband everyday in order to use their boring pool and slide. The worst thing about this hotel was the staff. The staff was arrogant, power thirsty, and seemed completely uneducated on public relations. They were rude to me and my guests and it was like pulling teeth to get them to do their jobs. Not to mention one of the dealers working at their blackjack tables one night yelled and cursed at a young girl who didnt quite understand the rules at first. In my opinion this hotel has a lot of things to work out in order for me to EVER want to go back, in fact i never will ........ there are a plethora of more beautiful, friendly, and accessible hotels then this one ... dont waste your time.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2009

This is the first hotel review I have ever written. I’m writing because I hope it will save someone else from a terrible experience at this property.

I stayed for a week on a business trip. After the first night I looked into other hotels in Parker; sadly, they were all full.

First impression:
We were waiting in line to check-in which took over 30 minutes. A bellman came up to us and mumbled “you have to give me your keys”. I asked him why and he told me it was policy, he didn’t explain why. I think it must have been so they could move cars away from the entryway in an emergency. Once we got to the front of the line, the check-in counter is littered with little signs from the management such as “if no-one is available ring the bell ONLY ONCE”. None of the staff at this hotel are helpful or friendly.

The Room:
I stayed in a King suite. It was larger than a standard room and had a king size bed, other than that it was no different than a standard room. There were no drawers to put clothes in. The couch was so worn out that the cushions sank down in it and your legs rested on the hard frame of the couch. Furniture was missing facial boards and was not cleaned appropriately. The sheets didn’t fit the bed so I ordered extra from housekeeping. I had to wrap several sheets on the mattress to get full coverage. I was cold the first night so ordered an extra blanket from housekeeping. They sent two twin blankets instead of a king. The blankets said “rollaway only” on them. The tub filled up when you took a shower. The bathroom was not clean, there were smears of something on the walls. The thermostat didn’t work right so you had to constantly adjust the temperature. The heating unit/fan was right next to the bed and very loud. The heat kicked off and on frequently and made loud clicking noises before it sounded like a jet engine firing up.

The Food:
The buffet food was edible but not good. The staff were incredibly unhelpful. I ordered a drink and then saw the waiter leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets for several minutes. The hotel advertises several different restaurants (coffee bar, etc) but the food is all cooked in the same place and tastes the same. There were reasonable prices on breakfast items at the coffee bar but again the service was bad. My co-worker tried to order room service several times. Each time she was either told that they were “too busy” or “they didn’t have anyone to bring room service today”. I did see room service trays outside of other rooms and they sat there for a day or more before being cleaned up.

Other amenities:
My co-worker booked us at this hotel because of all of the extras. Unfortunately you never know what will be open. The pool and slide were fun but cold. The hot tub had so many chemicals in it that there was about 8 inches of foam floating on top. There was an arcade but it wasn’t always open during the hours posted on the door. When I asked when it would open, the response was “oh, I guess no-one showed up to work there today”. There is a cute cantina on the waterfront but it wasn’t open either. I called the front desk around 2pm to see when it would open and they insisted it had been open since 11am. I told them I had been there and it was not open. I was put on hold for several minutes and then told that the Cantina would open in February sometime. The Casino is incredibly tight – the worst I have ever played in!

Check-out:
When we checked out we tried to speak with a manager to let them know our complaints. We were told that the manager on duty was out sick and they couldn’t find the assistant manager. Management does not seem concerned with customer satisfaction at all. Between the hotel and the tight casino they must figure that they get enough of your money the first time so they are not worried about gaining any repeat business.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Wow...Where to begin. Traveled with a group of 3 for business (Quartzsite RV Show). What a disappointment. They took what could be a GREAT location and used it for a tourist-trap casino. We unfortunately had to stay for a week. The whole ordeal started with the valet/ bellman finding us waiting in line to check in and telling us we HAD to leave our keys in our vehicle at the curb...for what reason, I'm not sure. (Yes, there ARE signs that allude to this, but after a long drive from Palm Springs airport, I didn't notice them...my bad.) Luckily, they did have our reservations, and we had the bellman deliver our bags to our rooms. Our group of 3 had reserved 2 'King Suites'. which are either on opposite ends of the complex or a floor above or below each other. ( No big deal but they are on the extreme outer ends of the building...theoretically nice that they have only 2 adjoining rooms.) After passing the 3 story pool and waterpark, We took the LOOOOONG walk to the extreme end where our 'suite' awaited. Upon entry, our room looked OK, with King size bed as advertized. A VERY large patio/sundeck (30'x30'?...REALLY!(larger than the room!!!)) was the only amenity. I don't tink there was any extra furniture than was provided in a standard room. No dresser or drawers to store clothes, etc. The view of the river was nice, and the fan in the bathroom worked well. There was a small fridge...enough for a case of beeer or so. Thank GOODNESS!! (Though not nearly enough for a week!!!) Through the course of our week-long stay, we tried most of the 'amenities' available at this property. The pools were fine...the slide was fun, but cold...the adult pool was a nice temperature, and the hot tub was a bit warm and foamy, but nice. You have to sign their waiver and get wristbands for each day you want to use it, but that's not tragic. The bars were poorly staffed...and customer service seems to be the last of the staff's concerns. The only part of the place that was well cared for was the gaming floor...clean, but not well staffed with cocktail servers. The machines seem to be REALLY tight. I put 20 bucks in a single line quarter machine, and only bet 1 credit per pull, and i think it only hit 3 times, for a total of 14 credits. Pretty weak if you like to play. I understand that they make money off the machines...but at least let me PLAY for awhile before you take my money. As for food...my cohort tried to order room service 2-3 times and they were always too busy/ didn' have anyone to do it. They have an arcade on sit that we tried to go to one day....the schedule said that it would open at noon. We went at 12:15 and the doors were locked...they 'helpful' groundskeeper nearby said that the hours were posted on the door...Thank You, Captain Obvious...I can read. And no, the door is still locked. So he said, "Well, I guess they don't have anyone to come open it yet." REALLY?!?!? So we then went to play in the pool...that was fine...we walked back to our room outside,past the riverside cantina (which was obviously CLOSED), took a quick dip in the Colorado River..which was nice, but COLD in January...and then went back to our room. I had my wife call the front desk to see when the Cantina would open because it would be a neat place to have a margaria by the river. The staff person that answered the phone said that it opened at 11 AM. Well, we had JUST walked by ( around 1 PM...at least! we were at the arcade at 12:15!!! probably more like 2PM!!!) so my wife said that we had just walked by and it was wasn't open...they put her on hold...came back awhile later and said " It will open sometime in FEBRUARY, we have an off-road race then." So much for a nice margie by the river. I guess if this rant doesn't convince you, nothing will, but this was probably the most helpful employee we encountered...and they didn't know anything! This is certainly the standard operating procedure for this place. i could go on, but nobody probably wants to read it, SO, in conclusion...I highly recommend finding somwhere else to stay if you are unfortunate enough to have to stay in Parker, AZ. The attitude of inconvenience to locals seems to permeate the whole community...EXCEPT for the fine gentlemen at RUPERTO's mexican restaurantl...they were great. Good luck.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank northforkryry
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Many years ago I was the Valet Manager at Don Laughlins Riverside Resort in Laughlin Nevada, and when a nearby tribe decided to open up a Casino-Hotel and I tossed in my resume. What started out to be an entertaining adventure became a horror show. While my Valet boys busted their behinds slinging around ice chests as big as caskets, and trying to explain to customers why they can't check in at 11:00, I was watching as almost the entire management staff either quit or was fired. Here I was, 15 years in the business surrounded by people who were now in charge of a property, that weeks earlier were farming alfalfa. The way the surviving managers treated my staff pushed me out the door. They couldn't make a decision if their life depended on it. Why you ask can't the Valets store your luggage? The bright managers took away the Valet storage area and made an office for the lazy security guards! I just came back from there just to visit and see if any of my old comrades were still there, and they are so miserable by the way management treats them, it amazes me the place is still up and running.If you want waterfront accomadation for boating, I suggest Arizona Shores Motel. Owned by Mike Mack, co-inventor of the "Air Chair". It's clean, cute, and close to the floating bars. Bluewater was beautiful, WHEN IT OPENED! They made a flowerpot out of the fountain out front because they couldn't figure out how to fix it for Christ's sake!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moeavatane
Reviewed 14 November 2008

Please save yourself the trouble of staying here. The aircondtioner sounded like a 747 landing in the room and the "non smoking" room was saturated with cigarette smoke. I tried to rectify the problem by calling the desk and even going down to complain, but nothing was ever done except to just ignore me. The attitude of the help is "tough luck". Thank goodness I at least get to complain on here.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2008

There aren't a lot of options in Parker, AZ. Bluewater is relatively new, so should be a lot better than it is. It is a small casino located right on the Colorado River, with rooms away from the casino area overlooking the river and the marina. All that is well and good, but the operation itself is pretty lame. Check-in and concierge/valet staff attitude was poor --- arrogant and ignorant. The room itself was Fair --- poor bed and pillows, poor lighting and decor. The bathroom was so-so with decent lighting but poor counter space and paper-thin towels. Parking is poor -- quite a distance from the building (unless you use valet), and then a long walk through the casino to get to the rooms. Of course there's no complimentary breakfast. Ice machine didn't work and nobody seemed interested in fixing it. Our rooms were on the top floor with great view of the river and marina; however, the concrete roof above our balconies was home to a large number of bats --- which were fun to watch come in in the early morning --- resulting in a layer of bat guano on the balcony. I assume Indian reservations must be exempt from US Health Codes.

Overall, this place seemed to be operating on the cheap, with little attention to quality details.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
Best Western Parker Inn
#3 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Harbour Inn
Harbour Inn
#2 of 11 in Parker

Been to BlueWater Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!