“WOW”
Review of Kofa Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parker
Kofa Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Parker
LA, CA
“WOW”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My family and I stayed at the Kofa Inn duing the Parker 425 Race 2013. The staff was very accomadating as all other hotels in the area were sold out. Even though the place needs an upgrade as far as carpets and decor, it was suitable for what we needed. When we checked in to the time we left the staff assisted us in telling us the best places for viewing the race and places to see or eat at. Thank you Kofa Inn staff, we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank C B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the Parker 425 Race. Lets just say you get what you pay for! Our carpet was sooooo dirty! It needed to be steamed clean so badly and I never took my shoes off while in the room. They have free WIFI but it never worked and when it did you would get kicked off. The beds were horrible!!! Just sitting on the bed watching TV for 30 minutes was enough for my back to start hurting. Plus the beds are only full size and not very big for 2 people. We decided not to stay a third night and when we informed the front desk (24 hours in advanced) we were told that we would still be charged. This was after the person in front of us told the front desk that they would be checking out early and they were given a refund. Not to mention that the lady at the front desk was not very kind. This place seriously needs to renovate the entire premises!!! Needless to say we will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joy S

Travellers are raving about these Parker hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I noticed most of the reviews for the Kofa Inn (KI) are more than three years old. It's not that KI any more - at least not my room.

If the KI and it's companion, Coffee Ern's restaurant were on Old Route 66, and well-maintained, tourist guides, 50's Motel Architecture and neon sign fans might be loving the place, and publishing lots of pictures in books. But here it sits on US 95, in Parker, another old relatively inexpensive motel and 50's hash house, hanging in and not getting much attention or respect.

The last time I stayed at the KI was 1989. I think I had a ground floor single story room, it was fall or winter. I don't remember more than that.

Family connections to other lodging and workplace room bookings kept me out of the Kofa until August 27, 2010. The reviews I read about it last year made me wonder why we were booking there. I was pleasantly surprised by many features.

First, my second story room was huge. I had a view of a sparkling pool I never put a toe in. Second, my room had relatively new berber carpet. Not eat off the surface clean, but WAY better than some places I've stayed. The tub and shower were re-bath-ed, providing a bright, clean shower area for cleaning my supple limbs. I had a one cubic foot microwave and four cubic foot refrigerator. The air conditioner worked well.

Walking into the room took me back to some of the earliest motels I stayed in while visiting my dad on weekends while he worked in towns remote from our home. It was mostly the sweet hotel smell. Not real strong, but it brought back those memories clear as sound carries across a lake on a winter morning. And of course, the heat.

Parker is not a kind place to live in summer. It is hotter than Phoenix with added humidity from the Colorado River and tens of thousands of farmed acres. I do not go to Parker and frolic with my jet ski, ski boat, and delightful family. I work on areas adjacent to the Colorado River that have burned up or are burning, wear heavy fire resistant clothing and gloves to protect my youthful epidermis from flames and coals. I watch the families frolic in the cool cool river. We had high outdoor temperatures near a relatively cool 110 degrees F and humidity from 35 to 60%.

When we checked into the KI at 11 PM the first night, I climbed the stairs to my second floor room, unlocked the door with a very cool computer chip key, and almost got blown over the railing by the backdraft-like exhausting of super heated air from my room with one hundred square feet of uninsulated west-facing 1950's cinder block that had been sucking up mojave desert sun radiation and convecting it indoors for more than one uninhabited day. Yup, just like the 1950's. I put my palm to the wall, and my years of experience of testing hot equipment temperatures, plus my finely tuned nerves, told me the wall was about 115 degrees F. The tap water did the famous Arizona trick of pouring out hot, then cooling off to shower warm. I was not burned. If you home school, it's the perfect location for a science lesson on radiation, conduction and convection of energy.

I dislike the hum of wall mounted A/C units buzzing my REM sleep all night long, and I abhor leaving an A/C on 24/7, particularly if I'm in the room no more than eight hours a day. It was not hard putting aside my dislikes at the KI. By 3 AM I was shivering, adjusting the A/C appropriately. I left the unit on during my remaining 60 hours at the KI. Doing so and keeping the temperature on the edge of warm, kept the wall temperature at a comfortable 75-80 degrees. After night one, all was well.

My co-workers drove our dining experiences. We did not eat at Coffee Ern's. I reviewed that last year.

Negatives on the KI. More vacuuming and shampooing would make it really nice. Some of the upholstery on the four desk chairs was dirty and one chair's fabric was wearing and tearing at the top. A little more cleaning would complement the new KI look and feel. The outdoor carpet in front of the rooms was relativly new, but it looks like people habitually spill beer or pop at the tops of the landing and its pretty grimy. It gets cleaned up because it doesn't smell or stick, but it is extremely well worn.

The KI has fascinating 50's architecture and neon, Coffee Ern's is a punny place to eat 50's diner food. Will I return? Sure.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank tceng
Peoria
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I travel every weekend for business. When I finally settle in for the night, I want a reasonably priced, clean, quiet room, with plenty of hot water and a comfortable bed. I also need a parking lot where I can park my pickup and trailer with ease and without security concerns. I was pleasantly surprised to find all these things available to me at the Kofa Inn.

The staff was friendly and pleasant. After a long busy day it's a treat to be greeted with a smile and genuine warmth.

Granted the motel is not new, it's not a resort, but it's exactly what I need after a long day.

Does the Kofa Inn have all the amenities that are desired for a long stay?...no...but for my needs, I have no complaints.

My thanks to the staff and management. Next time I'm in Parker I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank AZ-Sirr
Arizona
Reviewed 6 September 2009

My husband and I planned a trip to Lake Havasu during Labor Day weekend. We wanted to find a cheaper place to stay, so we could enjoy more things during the weekend. We decided on the Kofa Inn because they had a good price. We didn't expect too much from the rooms because of the low price during a holiday weekend. When we got to the room, there were stains all over the floor and the paint on the toilet was chipping off. We said whatever, and decided to stay. We checked in around 3:00 and relaxed a bit from our long road trip. After about an hour we wanted to see Lake Havasu, so we left. We got back to our room around 10:00 at night. When we got back to the room, the guests next to us were having a campout in one of the parking spots, so we had to park a little over the line next to us so as not to hit the other guests. A few minutes after we got back in our room, we got a phone call from the front desk telling us we needed to move our car because the manager needed to park in the spot we were taking an inch of. Nothing was said to the guests next to us who were taking up a spot for their camp out and loud music. After relaxing and watching TV for a bit, I was ready for bed. I went to the bathroom sink to brush my teeth and take out my contacts. I turned on the light and began taking my items out of my bag. I looked over at the sink and saw the sink and vanity area was covered with red ants. ( would say anywhere from 50-75 ants.) I began freaking out and had to get away from the bugs immediately. My husband called the front office to tell them about the ant problem and that we wanted our money back or a different room for the evening and the following evening. Their response to us was that if we didn't like the room, then we should have said something as soon as we checked in. The problem was that there were no ants when we checked in!! I would not have stayed in a room with ants for two hours. We even said we would pay for the 12 hours we stayed in the room. Management said they could not do that, and we would have to pay for the night. My husband told them that we were not going to stay in that room with bugs crawling all around. I took pictures to document the ant problem in the room. When we showed the picture to management, they said the ants were not their problem because they had just sprayed for ants and ants are a problem around that area. They could not figure out how to refund our money for the second night and did not refund our money for the first night, so we ended up paying for an extra hotel room because we would not stay in a hotel that had ants. They did not have any other rooms available for us, so we had to go somewhere else. I am not one to usually complain, but I think it is ridiculous to have ants and not care enough about the guests to give them a refund. I am very disappointed in this hotel, and will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamwithjim
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My family and I have frequented the river for over 50 years and I have also traveled all over the country, and even out of the country. Parker is a fairly small town and it is definitely not a city of luxury or opulence (aside from some of the pricey riverfront vacation homes). There are some great homes for rent and some great campgrounds in Parker, but in terms of motels, there isn't much to choose from and they are all pretty comparable. Even the casino, which is the largest hotel and thought of as the best accomodations in the area, is not that great by comparison. That being said, Kofa is a nice little motel for the area and the price. The pool area is nice, our air conditioning has always worked and the staff has always been friendly. It is what it is - a small town, kinda cheezy motel (no offense to the owners/proprietors) and you need to keep that in mind. I never expect it to be the same experience as staying in a nice B & B or a 4 or 5 star hotel. I suppose there are going to be instances in any motel/hotel where you will find something in disrepair or uncleanly. I have watched the TV specials and I don't think any location is exempt. I would guess that the reviews in which people stated the room was dirty or the air didn't work is probably the exception and not the rule. The problem is, people will take the time to complain but they won't often take the time to commend, so the reviews here are imbalanced.

Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank mouserinthehouse
Chino Hills
Reviewed 14 August 2007

Kofa is not a brand new motel but...in my experience it has been clean and comfortable.It is disturbing to read the review regading bed linens and truly hope that this was a one time case, but I am very pleased to hear that management has been improving the property. My family and friends have been staying there for periodic mini vacations for years and have continued to do so. They are resonably priced and the staff is very friendly. I look forward to returning to the River and seeing the recent changes this Labor Day..we always have a blast.

• Liked — Reasonably priced, friendly staff
  • Disliked — needs update/dirty carpet
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Always_out_and_about
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
Best Western Parker Inn
#4 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Quality Inn Parker
Quality Inn Parker
#4 of 10 in Parker

Been to Kofa Inn? Share your experiences!