“Stage Stop Inn Part of our Motorcycle Adventure!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stage Stop Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patagonia
Stage Stop Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Patagonia
Yorkville, Illinois
“Stage Stop Inn Part of our Motorcycle Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I love this place! I am a motorcycle tour operator and we have stayed there on the first night of our Arizona on 4 different tours. It is just what we look for: Clean, comfortable, quiet, and the restaurant always has some of the best meals we eat all week. We look for places that are not "chain hotels" and where the owner or manager is there on site to work with. It is a place I look forward to staying at each year. Yes it is not the most fancy or modern but that is what I love about it. We will be back there again in April. If you see a bunch of Harleys lined up out from it could be use! Bill Gade - President - Tour On 2, Inc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tourontwo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

The new owners are really doing a great job remodeling. The rooms are clean and modern. There was nobody around when we came to check in but there were envelopes at the counter that had the room description and rate written on them and the room key inside. Great idea!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank msquareArizona
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

The Stage Stop is a block off the scenic 2-lane highway through Patagonia. Super quiet, interesting 2-story architecture (all the rooms have double sliding glass doors opening on to a large interior courtyard, sort of a combination of Spanish and ranch style). The owners are very friendly and welcoming, rooms clean, decent country-style restaurant attached. The lobby and adjacent sitting rooms have artsy decor, although some of the furniture is kitschy faux western (chairs made from Texas longhorn horns and leather with the fur on; I couldn't tell if it was intentionally ironic or not. Great place from which to visit the Nature Conservancy's Patagonia Preserve or tour the Sonoita and Elgin wineries or hike the surrounding national forests. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Very hiker-friendly. Comfortable, clean rooms with some character. Gerry and Lynne, the owners, couldn't have been more helpful. Right in the centre of town. Great food right next door and an organic grocery store just a couple of minutes walk away. An oasis when you've just come out of the wilderness.

• Stayed December 2012
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Very cute and spacious place, with a swimming pool! The upstairs lobby/book nook is a treat. Free coffee and tea in the rooms and lobby. There could be some non-smoking signs posted, I found out the hard way while smoking a cigarette outside my room. Full-cable TV, great comfortable bed, mini-fridge and very well-lit. The diner attached to the hotel serves good food at a decent price, and their service is impeccable. Great little town, look forward to coming back!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dewtron
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Stage Stop Inn. It is undergoing much upgrade/change. Our first-floor room had a toilet that did not flush properly. We reported it and a new full toilet was installed while we went birding. Room was clean and comfortable.

Single cup coffee is now available in the room.

We did laundry at the motel, and were pleased with the availability and quality of the machines.

The Barn Swallows are nesting and flying about (even dipping for insects/water into the pool now and then.

Our room fronted on the pool. All was quiet at 10 p.m.

Our only inconvenience was that the on-site restaurant (Home Run) closed at 5 p.m. and, wanting something other than Mexican that evening, we drove to Sonoita for supper.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Edge W
Peru, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I understand new owners have done a lot to improve the place. I spent 8 nights there and really enjoyed my time. There was a head house-keeper who was totally awesome in her efforts to please us. The daily service was always done, extra coffee was given when asked for, ice was available (and we used a lot going out into the desert all the time with our cooler), and she was really happy to talk and assist us whenever we needed. I was treated very well by the owners whom I met briefly. I had driven from Illinois and arrived at 6:00 a.m. dead tired. Since they had the room ready, the owners let me get in to my room to sleep before the traditional check-in time.
Everything was terrific and I honestly think it was the finest hotel I've visited in years. When next I visit SE Arizona, I am sure to book a room here. Bill Garthe

Room Tip: I was in one of the rooms with a kitchenette in it and I really liked it.