“Stopped by for a visit.”
Review of Stage Stop Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patagonia
Stage Stop Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Patagonia
Rio Rico, Arizona
“Stopped by for a visit.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the Stage Stop Inn one year ago for 2 nights and were VERY pleased with the room and friendliness. We now live only about 35 minutes away so we have no need for a room these days but stopped by yesterday just to show our friend the cool historic lobby. Lynn was at the front desk and we commented on how we've seen the hotel improve so much the last 3 years, she proceeded to tell us a whole wealth of cool facts about the history and the woman who built it in the late sixties. It's a fun, convenient place to stay. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oracle, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hi whomever reads these reviews: I booked two rooms for a one night stay for a birthday party and would recommend this hotel in the future and would stay there again as well. Lynn was our person to book our reservations in a very pleasant way! She explained the rates and kept her word as far as her prices. Received my bill and was given a discounted rate for having 5 or more in our party. Our check in person was very hospitable as was the gal who was in charge of cleaning the rooms. I BELIEVE HER NAME IS ROSA went out of her way to accommodate us since her boss was asleep and not felling very well. The hotel is in renovations and looking pretty spiffy if I say so my self! This was one of the cheapest places in Patagonia and looking forward to staying there again once it is finished! We felt very welcomed. THANK YOU LYNN AND JERRY Oh there was one more room in our party who was very much satisfied as well.

Room Tip: I would recommend the bottom rooms in front of the pool! Virginia and Joe C.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Peru, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Once again I came to AZ to the Stage Stop Inn, but this time I increased my stay tonesrly two weeks. And boy was I again pleased. It was clean, nicely taken care of, and Jerry and Lynn were both helpful and indeed friendly. Zenobia (the head room service gal) was also her usual happy, prompt, and caring self. I even had to modify a piece of equipment and Jerry lent his drill to me. I always had clean linens, plenty of make-in-the-room coffee, and there were no hidden costs. I still think this the finest hotel I have ever stayed at.

When I had two packages sent to the hotel, both Jerry and Lynn were on top of matters for my getting them ASAP. The decor is both historic and warm. There are constant upgrades/improvements being done to make a great place even better.

If you are ever in this area, I can't recommend a stay here enough. It will surely make one's trip hotel wise totally awesome. I will be back for sure.

Oh, btw.....the restaurant attached to the hotel called Wild Horses was also very good. I think the manager was Maria and I know the food was excellent:)

Honestly, if I had one issue with my stay, I would tell all. There simply was no issue and I hated to leave. Thanks Jerry, Lynn, and Zenobia for a great time.

Room Tip: I always elect to try for room 111 as it is by the parking lot and has a kitchenette. This room is...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you like small towns and small, locally owned hotels, this is your place. Lynne and Jerry are tops. The housekeeping staff is indeed remarkably friendly and attentive. The rooms are small and the fixtures are dated, but hey....they work wonderfully. There's plenty of hot water, the A/C (very important in the summer) cools the room most pleasantly. The freezer/refrigerator is indeed 2 separate compartments so the things that need freezing stay frozen and the things that need refrigerating don't freeze. Sounds simple, right? But most hotels have a single compartment that screws up this important formula. The lobby is very quaint and upstairs there is a nice sitting area appointed with a number of books. In said lobby there is always a good pot of coffee and a very large selection of excellent teas. The hotel has a central courtyard with a pleasant pool occupying the majority of that space, but there is a well shaded sitting area with the obligatory "gurgling fountain". If I count make a suggestion, Lynne and Jerry - get someone to clean the fountain. That will be the biggest complaint I have. Back to the room....the bathroom was in need of tile repair. However, the materials to lay wall tile were sitting on pallets around the hotel and I'm willing to bet that this issue will be well addressed within a month. Another thing...Location, location, location. Right in the center of the town. Rent a bike (there's a store in the same building that does this!) Ride around this wonderful little town. If you have the time, ride down to Harshaw - a ghost town about 10 miles south/southeast on a nice paved road and see the well cared for cemetery. When you're done, by all means come back to town and have a ice cold beer at the Wagon Wheel Saloon. If you're hungry, eat there too! They have a very extensive menu and the helpings are generous. Bottom line - I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in 104. It was away from the pool (ie: quiet) but right across from the dining room. Folks...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JerryPPhoenix
America
Reviewed 19 July 2013

After two weeks of miserable and stressful living on site at a "spiritual health center' in Patagonia, I found out about the Stage Stop In and moved in within the hour. The stage stop in is a breath of fresh air, literally, for the first time in two weeks I felt like I could finally breathe. Lynne and Jerry, the owners of the hotel, make me feel right at home. The cleaning staff is friendly, professional, and great at their job. The room I am staying in is newly renovated with tile floors, new doors, a mini fridge/freezer, AC, a beautiful shower/bath, comfortable bedding, and the hotel provides free wifi. Right outside my door is lovely pool area with clean swimming water and chairs to lounge on. I am able to sit outside, plug in my laptop, and work in a generally peaceful setting. Lynne and Jerry make an innovative team, continuously improving, upgrading, refining the hotel and the overall guest experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniella T
Lexington, ky
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I picked this stop because it was near my vacation locations and was new to me. It was an enjoyable stay, the woman manager was very helpful, offering more help than was needed or expected. The room, while old, were in good shape, well maintained, and comfortable. The lobby was very well and historically appointed, looking much like a stage coach hotel. I would plan on staying there when I next visit the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Peace Dale, Rhode Island
Reviewed 10 May 2013

After a very, very hot four days on the Arizona Trail, this little oasis of light was heaven-sent. A much needed infusion of energy and capital by relatively new owners Lynne and Jerry have revived a venerable old dame of a motel, and the results are very good, with more to come. My room was spotlessly clean, and when I mentioned to Jerry that a glove had blown into the pool it was removed before I even got back to my room. All bedding appears to be new, and the mattress was very comfortable. Lots of hot water, and the tub actually drained faster than the shower could fill it, a seeming rarity these days except in very expensive hotels. Patagonia is a little gem of a town, easily walkable, frequented by birders, hikers, and tourists, and I would recommend the Stage Stop Inn to all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Peter N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patagonia
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Nogales
Inn at San Ignacio
Inn at San Ignacio
#4 of 5 in Green Valley
Spirit Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast
Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort
Tubac Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Stage Stop Inn? Share your experiences!