“Great Inn in a Quiet Town”
Review of Stage Stop Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patagonia
Stage Stop Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Patagonia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Spent one night here while travelling with friends. We booked the Annie Oakley Suite since we were 2 couples and thought having cooking facilities would come in handy. The sink, fridge, hot plate, table and chairs are in the large main room with the bed. The adjoining smaller room is like a normal hotel room. It was convenient to be able to make coffee and quickly deal with breakfast in the room.
The lobby had a big warm fire crackling in the huge stone fireplace when we arrives and was maintained through the evening. Hot water was handy for tea hot chocolate or instant coffee. The lobby area has the feel of the old wild west and we loved the upper room with hide chairs and horsey stuff all around.
Beds were warm and comfy. Bathroom looked a little worn and tired but was clean.
Not much going on around town in the middle of the week in February. We expected to be able to browse shops and have a good selection of eateries but were disappointed to find little open or available. This of course, is not a fault of the hotel. We had Mexican food a short drive away at the place recommended to us by the hotel staff. It was good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Jerry and Lynn helped us plan and host our simple wedding plans from the reservation to the ceremony. We were married in their beautiful historic lobby on the 4th of July. They went above and beyond our expectations to make this family time free from stress and full of good memories. The accommodations were great!

Room Tip: Corner room has the best view of the downtown area across from the park.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the Stage Stop Inn one year ago for 2 nights and were VERY pleased with the room and friendliness. We now live only about 35 minutes away so we have no need for a room these days but stopped by yesterday just to show our friend the cool historic lobby. Lynn was at the front desk and we commented on how we've seen the hotel improve so much the last 3 years, she proceeded to tell us a whole wealth of cool facts about the history and the woman who built it in the late sixties. It's a fun, convenient place to stay. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hi whomever reads these reviews: I booked two rooms for a one night stay for a birthday party and would recommend this hotel in the future and would stay there again as well. Lynn was our person to book our reservations in a very pleasant way! She explained the rates and kept her word as far as her prices. Received my bill and was given a discounted rate for having 5 or more in our party. Our check in person was very hospitable as was the gal who was in charge of cleaning the rooms. I BELIEVE HER NAME IS ROSA went out of her way to accommodate us since her boss was asleep and not felling very well. The hotel is in renovations and looking pretty spiffy if I say so my self! This was one of the cheapest places in Patagonia and looking forward to staying there again once it is finished! We felt very welcomed. THANK YOU LYNN AND JERRY Oh there was one more room in our party who was very much satisfied as well.

Room Tip: I would recommend the bottom rooms in front of the pool! Virginia and Joe C.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Once again I came to AZ to the Stage Stop Inn, but this time I increased my stay tonesrly two weeks. And boy was I again pleased. It was clean, nicely taken care of, and Jerry and Lynn were both helpful and indeed friendly. Zenobia (the head room service gal) was also her usual happy, prompt, and caring self. I even had to modify a piece of equipment and Jerry lent his drill to me. I always had clean linens, plenty of make-in-the-room coffee, and there were no hidden costs. I still think this the finest hotel I have ever stayed at.

When I had two packages sent to the hotel, both Jerry and Lynn were on top of matters for my getting them ASAP. The decor is both historic and warm. There are constant upgrades/improvements being done to make a great place even better.

If you are ever in this area, I can't recommend a stay here enough. It will surely make one's trip hotel wise totally awesome. I will be back for sure.

Oh, btw.....the restaurant attached to the hotel called Wild Horses was also very good. I think the manager was Maria and I know the food was excellent:)

Honestly, if I had one issue with my stay, I would tell all. There simply was no issue and I hated to leave. Thanks Jerry, Lynn, and Zenobia for a great time.

Room Tip: I always elect to try for room 111 as it is by the parking lot and has a kitchenette. This room is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you like small towns and small, locally owned hotels, this is your place. Lynne and Jerry are tops. The housekeeping staff is indeed remarkably friendly and attentive. The rooms are small and the fixtures are dated, but hey....they work wonderfully. There's plenty of hot water, the A/C (very important in the summer) cools the room most pleasantly. The freezer/refrigerator is indeed 2 separate compartments so the things that need freezing stay frozen and the things that need refrigerating don't freeze. Sounds simple, right? But most hotels have a single compartment that screws up this important formula. The lobby is very quaint and upstairs there is a nice sitting area appointed with a number of books. In said lobby there is always a good pot of coffee and a very large selection of excellent teas. The hotel has a central courtyard with a pleasant pool occupying the majority of that space, but there is a well shaded sitting area with the obligatory "gurgling fountain". If I count make a suggestion, Lynne and Jerry - get someone to clean the fountain. That will be the biggest complaint I have. Back to the room....the bathroom was in need of tile repair. However, the materials to lay wall tile were sitting on pallets around the hotel and I'm willing to bet that this issue will be well addressed within a month. Another thing...Location, location, location. Right in the center of the town. Rent a bike (there's a store in the same building that does this!) Ride around this wonderful little town. If you have the time, ride down to Harshaw - a ghost town about 10 miles south/southeast on a nice paved road and see the well cared for cemetery. When you're done, by all means come back to town and have a ice cold beer at the Wagon Wheel Saloon. If you're hungry, eat there too! They have a very extensive menu and the helpings are generous. Bottom line - I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in 104. It was away from the pool (ie: quiet) but right across from the dining room. Folks...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JerryPPhoenix
Reviewed 19 July 2013

After two weeks of miserable and stressful living on site at a "spiritual health center' in Patagonia, I found out about the Stage Stop In and moved in within the hour. The stage stop in is a breath of fresh air, literally, for the first time in two weeks I felt like I could finally breathe. Lynne and Jerry, the owners of the hotel, make me feel right at home. The cleaning staff is friendly, professional, and great at their job. The room I am staying in is newly renovated with tile floors, new doors, a mini fridge/freezer, AC, a beautiful shower/bath, comfortable bedding, and the hotel provides free wifi. Right outside my door is lovely pool area with clean swimming water and chairs to lounge on. I am able to sit outside, plug in my laptop, and work in a generally peaceful setting. Lynne and Jerry make an innovative team, continuously improving, upgrading, refining the hotel and the overall guest experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniella T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patagonia
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
Inn at San Ignacio
#4 of 5 in Green Valley
Spirit Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast
Tubac Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Stage Stop Inn? Share your experiences!