“A peaceful oasis and most Staff are really sweet”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patagonia
Tree of Life Center US
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Patagonia
palo alto
“A peaceful oasis and most Staff are really sweet”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Okay so I've wanted to go there like 20 years, I'm glad I waited because the Casitas have been renovated, very simple but sweet. Tile floors clean actually amazing cleaning staff wanted to bring Mary and her sister back. Okay the culinary Angels to prepare the food are absolutely amazing, most are sweet and helpful and the food is pretty over the top, also garden staff are great/they pick the veggies and you eat them about two or three hours later talk about fresh :-) amazing landscapes and scenery.
Caution they use salt which I do not use and don't recommend that someone's detoxing and sometimes the weather can be funky so prepare for hot cold rain etc. :-) also do not think I would recommend staying anywhere except Casitas. Also take comfy walking shoes. Can be pricey depending upon which program, and if you have abundance challenges maybe consider optimum health San Diego........ also much better than Hippocrates Palm Beach in terms of food, scenery venue campus etc. specially classes :-)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
14 Thank travelslotsPaloAlto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I am glad to choose Tree of life. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Especially the staff in the kitchen. they work tirelessly but always have a smile on their faces. I have been here for the spiritual fasting, zero point and conscious eating 1 program for 3 weeks. This has been a life changing experience for me. especially the zero point program which helped me to eliminate the unwanted thought forms so i can focus my energy towards positive goals. we all come with some emotional baggage due to our past experiences. zero point helped me to remove the pain that i was holding on to. now my outlook towards life has changed so much. I am more happy and peaceful inside. and external events don't effect me as they used to before.

The accommodation was decent. and they clean the rooms everyday. I like the fact that there were no distractions like TV/ phone or internet in the room, which makes us to come out and meet other people. or spend time to revisit our inner selves. I loved the view i was surrounded with. the mountains, the sunset it was beautiful. I definitely felt very spiritually connected to this place.

Tip - make sure to close your room door at all times, i opened it for a few hours and in the night i saw some bugs come in. If you keep your door closed you should be good.

I hope this review helps others.

Regards,
Nimisha

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
14 Thank Nimishareddy
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 October 2010

There is a synergy created by doing all the parts. Go to every yoga class, drink every juice, sit in every meditation and satsang, and keep your focus on the positive. By the end of the ten days, you will probably be flying.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
13 Thank hrcrimm
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I stayed at the Tree of Life for the Essene I course as part of the Masters program in Live Food nutrition. I found the Tree of Life to have simple yet adequate accommodation, but most importantly has ground-breaking information in the area of live food nutrition, fasting and spirituality. I found the staff helpful, the facilities clean and satisfactory and the programs excellent.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank anaami
CA
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The Tree of Life is not a luxury spa, it is a true rejuvenation center. I have been to centers all around the world, and in my mind this is the best place to learn about true health and well-being. We are planning another visit because when we depart we feel ten years younger. It is set on pristine land and the air is said to be the third best in the USA. Gabriel Cousens MD is a genius and his staff are amongst some of the loveliest people on the earth. The fasts are intense, but they work. The live-food cuisine at the Cafe is delicious and also supports optimal health. You can also take classes to learn more about live-food. The yoga classes are also terrific. What I love most about the Tree is the uplifting and happy atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
16 Thank Mystic13
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The Tree of Life is no ordinary Hotel or "vacation" destination. It is a place that has the potential to change your life if you are willing and ready. Every time I stay, I am renewed and ready to face the challenges of life on the outside. I'm back on track with my diet and my exercise and my spiritual practice. I get younger.
They serve the best food on the planet! Most of it grown right there and harvested that day. Amazing.
I do believe the person going to the Tree must be ready for anything and easy going. It's the desert and there are bugs and creatures and such. The staff is sincere and helpful.
I've read the poor reviews here and feel that those writing them perhaps had expectations that set them up for a negative experience.
Dr. Cousens has brought hundreds and und=reds of people with serious health issues back to vitality and I personal get younger with each visit. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank C_Dodick
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I have been going to the Tree of Life for more than 7 years. I have travel the world and been to many fancy spas. The Tree of Life is for people that are looking for change and inner growth. The staff at the TOL is great everybody is willing to help. The food you get is 100% organic without exception; also you have the best Meditation and yoga every day. I come with my children every year, my friends and also my family comes to stay and heal. It is worth the trip and the money! My seventeen year old every year volunteers working in the organic garden and learns from all the staff. He gets a chance to mingle with loving healthy young people. My 9-year-old daughter every day plays in the non-chlorinated pool. The time my family and I have spends at the TOL have been the most educational in every aspect of our life. The TOL is only of it kind; do not miss the opportunity to rediscover nature, true food and lots of rest and great human environment.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank yosimar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patagonia
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
Inn at San Ignacio
Inn at San Ignacio
#4 of 5 in Green Valley
Holiday Inn Express Nogales
Spirit Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast
The Duquesne House Inn & Gardens
Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort

Been to Tree of Life Center US? Share your experiences!