“Payson, AZ. Not a restaurant Town”

Buffalo Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 73 Restaurants in Payson
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Buffalo Bar & Grill, the place for great food & spirits. Local cuisine featuring awesome burgers including fresh ground Top Sirloin Burgers and Buffalo burgers. Specialty sandwiches like our favorites, the Sirloin Steak Melt and our collossal Pork Tenderloin Sandwich. Salads including, Oriental Chicken Salad, Black & Blue Steak Salad and Honey Pecan Chicken Salad. Home made soups and Chili. Fresh cut french fries. Friday Fish Fry. Saturday Top Sirloin Steak Dinner For Two. $5.95 lunch menu Monday through Friday. We love kids too! Featuring a childrens menu. Poker nights Tuesday and Wednesday. Thirsty Thursdays special drink prices all day! Friday night DJ and dancing. Saturday night DJ and dancing or Live Bands. Sunday Country Jam Session with Junction 87. "where the highway ends and the Country begins" This is a must stop destination when visiting Payson AZ.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our friends did some research about where to eat in Payson. Well, we were not impressed. This place was suppose to be the best in town. Well, maybe other travelers were pleased but we weren't. It has very basic bar food. We also had four different servers visit our table.

Within seconds of sitting down, one server wanted our drink order without giving us any menu or what ever to see what we wanted. She was a little miffed that we said we will wait until we get a menu. Sorry, but that is unacceptable behavior from our perspective.

With the next server who also didn't have menus, she at least got them right away and was not miffed that we wanted them

The food was just OK or less, and I wouldn't go there again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We go to this place for lunch a lot because they have great specials for $5.95. For an extra $1 you can add sweet potato fries or soup (they have great tortilla soup!) Love their barbeque and my husband loves their pastrami sandwich. They have specials on Friday for fish and Saturday for steak. Good variety of drinks. Funny pictures and plaques on the walls, along with animal heads and TVs. There are booths, tables, a bar and outside seating. Fine for the whole family at lunch time.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have been going to Payson once or twice a year for the past 5 or 6 years and the Buffalo Bar just keeps getting better!
I was there with 3 friends after golf. The special was a sirloin steak with 2 sides for $12.95. How good could that steak be? For $12.95? The answer is that it was superb!!!! A great steak... Plus I really like the atmosphere there.

1  Thank BarryDowns
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My brother and I and our spousal units were there for St.Patrick's Day supper. We expected it to be a bit crowded and noisy and it was busy. Not overly so, we got a table right away. The service was good and very friendly, just like Irish pubs. The food was fresh and well prepared. It was a tad slow to arrive but not annoyingly so...after all it was a busy night. I had a chicken club sandwich that was made on fresh sourdough and was a whole chicken breast with the usual bacon, tomato etc. Good! At first I thought....this looks pleasing but I won't be able to finish it all. It was good enough that I did not need a doogy bag after all. My dining companions were all more than satisfied. The decor was country pubby, and very comfortable.
All-in-all I recommend it. If I am in Payson again I know where I'm going to eat.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I'm just echoing a lot of the great reviews but had to add my piece. We decided on the spur of the moment to eat here and were pleasantly surprised! I had a BLT on sourdough bread which was probably the best I've ever had (at least 3 pieces of thick-sliced bacon--what could be better than that!). Very filling, too. My husband had two tacos and he liked his selection as well. We shared my side of potato salad--again, it was to die-for!!!! You can't go wrong eating here. The staff are ALL very friendly and accommodating. Very reasonable prices.