“At this price point, it's a safe & inexpensive room, with a friendly and helpful staff.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Payson

Knights Inn Payson
Knights Inn Payson
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Payson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Let's be clear: this is not the Four Seasons (or even a sterile corporate Comfort/Day/Econo "Wyndham" thing). It's a budget motel run by a small, modest working family. I feel like some of these folks who complain are simply affluent, spoiled Americans (e.g., "I work so hard, but I only make $...six figures...." and demand Corporate Standards...)-- this may not satisfy their typical expectations. For people who have seen The World and are satisfied in an inexpensive, modest room... there is nothing wrong with this homely place. The hubby & wife are very friendly, and they will go out of their way to be helpful and kind. The sheets & towels are clean...no, no bugs :) The fixtures & appliances are older & modest, but function perfectly fine (also there are new flat-screens, for those who must have teevee...). I would like coffee machines in the room, but poor me, no big deal... :) Bear in mind, I am a touring motorcyclist who gets a room in between camping and hundreds of miles of small-road riding-- so perhaps this makes me happier to have a clean, soft bed and nice shower at the edge of town. The family is local, and I'm happy to give them my business at this price point. No complaints... ride safe!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank MortEnfant
Asha P, General Manager at Knights Inn Payson, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive feedback regarding your stay at Knights Inn Payson.
Our team works tirelessly and sincerely so that guests have a pleasnat and comfortable stay.
Custumor appreciation always encourages us to do better.
Thanks again for your repeated bussiness, and we hope to see you again .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Camp Verde, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Let me start by saying that I'm not super picky....there are just certain things that you come to expect to be standard in any place you stay. The refrigerator did not work, there was no microwave at all, there was not even a coffee pot. There was coffee in the lobby, but it looked like they were re-using old grounds....like colored water!! The towel rack in the bathroom didn't have the rod, just the brackets. Overall, just not a clean, well kept place. I was there for two nights for a craft show in Pine and since it was the 4th of July, there were no rooms available anywhere in the surrounding area, so we just stayed there. I did check the mattress for bugs, fortunately, there were none. I would NOT stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Asha P, General Manager at Knights Inn Payson, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns about your stay at Knights Inn Payson.
I am sorry that your stay with us was not upto your expectations.We are always striving to improve in all departments :front office , customer service maintenance , room cleanliness, so that guests can have a comfortable lodging experience.
We will surely look into all the maintenance issues you had and take corrective measures.
Hopefully if you give us another chance you might see all the improvements being done.
Thanks again

Travellers are raving about these Payson hotels

Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

There was a place to lay our heads; there were a combination of bugs in the room to welcome us. My husband took several out one which was a bee. The shower poored water from the shower head, tub and the button to switch between the two. It was a non smoking room but had cigarette burns on the tub. The refrigerator was unplugged and barely working when plugged in. The air conditioning sounded like someone was outside and adjusting it, but it did cool the room.

Room Tip: The only good thing for this hotel is we got to have our pets, but never again. For this to be unde...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Booked this motel online on expedia. Picture looked acceptable. External upkeep was poor and smells in parking lot. Not my cup of tea. Asked clerk to refund my booking they did not. Seemed like this was business like usual for them.
I rather they keep my money than have to spend a night In a rat hole.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank nikosterling
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! The TV remote didn't work, nor did the refrigerator(spoiled my lunch) and to top it all off I woke up the next day with bites all over my body! Upon close inspection the bed was crawling with bed bugs! I was bit so badly that I had flu/chickenpock like symptoms for 3 days after. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank craig o
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Management was good and courteous.Rooms were clean and place was at a good location.All eateries etc were withing 1 or 2 miles. Value for Money.Enough Parking space.Coffee available 24/7. Why does trip advisor want minimum 200 characters...Thats funny

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vals M
Asha P, Owner at Knights Inn Payson, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property.We are glad that your stay at KNIGHTS INN was comfortable and hopefully it becomes your destination when you visit payson again.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed one night while riding the motorcycle through Payson, The staff made an extra effort to be friendly and were very accommodating. The Knights Inn had one of the lowest rates in town which is what I was looking for but was pleased that the room was clean and well kept. They had coffee available 24/7 when I was there which I appreciated also.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo