We stayed here overnight on our way to Sedona. Payson is a nice-sized town; not too big, not too small. High elevation made things much cooler than Phoenix, very comfortable. Some great restaurants and hiking trails, lots of elk to see in the early mornings!
Pool was awesome. Breakfast was very good. Staff polite and helpful. Steak house next door was great, too...and the Inn provided a discount coupon to use there, which was appreciated.
We stayed there about 5-6 years ago, and it has become a little run-down since then...but not real bad. Mainly needs a good cleaning of the stairways and sidewalks in front of the rooms...was covered with gum, spilled sodas, ground out cigarette ash spots everywhere...etc. We saw maintenence sweeping, but really needs a power-washing with high pressure steamer. Sounds nitpicky, but would make a huge difference...my wife didn't even want to walk barefooted to the pool because the walkways look so nasty.
We would stay there again, but an occasional power-washing of the hard-surface walking areas doesn't take that long, and could be done on slow days...it would be worth the effort to improve the overall experience because everything else was good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Mountain Inn welcomes vacationing guests and business persons to Payson and offers exceptional hospitality and impeccable service that will assure a relaxing and memorable experience. Here, the spirit of west beckons the adventurer with endless opportunities to explore the picturesque mountains, streams and canyons.For the business traveler our central location will be a convenient departure point for making calls and a perfect place to relax after a productive days work. Our superb location at the base of the Mogollon Rim is surrounded by stunning natural beauty and has been described as the gateway to the White Mountains. Majestic Mountain Inn is truly a one-of-a-kind Inn. Stay with us and experience the relaxing atmosphere nestled in the midst of the largest Ponderosa Pine forest on the planet. Payson was originally a small ranching community, but now counts itself as one of the top destinations in Arizona for vacations due to its picturesque mountain backdrop, 300 days of sunshine and friendly locals. From the edge of the Rim to high desert topography, Payson offers an abundance of natural beauty as well as a variety of attractions, history and activities for guests of all ages. At Payson Roundup's annual awards Majestic Mountain Inn once again earned the distinction of "Best of Rim Country" a prestigious award given for hotel category. "We are so honored once again, to receive this prestigious award and we hope to make this year an even better one for our guests, our community, and our grand state of Arizona"Stay with us and experience a most relaxing atmosphere in the midst of the pine forest and enjoy our exceptional hospitality!"The staff at Majestic Mountain Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Majestic Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Mountain Hotel Payson
- Majestic Mountain Payson
- Majestic Mountain Inn Payson, Arizona