“Great Getaway!”

Christopher Creek Lodge
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Great Getaway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My boyfriend and I booked a little getaway out of Phx for the weekend last minute and this was a perfect little place in the middle of nowhere. We stayed in the tandem cabins which was perfect. Very small and cozy, but next time I would like to stay in one of the stand alone cabins. It is right next to the creek which was perfect to go sit by and have a little picnic. The next day we drove to Tonto National Park and hiked down to the waterfall. It was a great weekend getaway!! The staff at the cabins where very helpful and nice and the cabin area was so cute and cozy.

Room Tip: Tandems where cozy and cute but connected to other cabins. Even though there was no problem with the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Tempe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have to say that everytime that I go to Christopher Creek, they have done some sort of improvement to that property. They have another picnic site, they redid the floors and cabinets in the cabins, The have wooden statues around the whole camp. They put a railing near the creek so you won't fall in. The first time I came to the lodge it had electric wires in the trees, which are now underground. It does cost a little more to stay there now, but especially with the family that they hired to run the place, it is all you could want. I come with friends and family whenever I can get out of Phoenix.

Room Tip: The two cabins at the end are a little larger than the rest and have a little more space for the fam...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I am a business owner in Gilbert and with my busy schedule and fast paced industry, I very much enjoy getting away into the woods for a couple of days. I have stayed at Christopher Creek Lodge on a few occasions and their property across the street as well. I love the fisherman's cabin, it's a cozy little spot for fishing and relaxing. I only wish the location was more remote than it is but since the 260 was moved, it is much quieter than it used to be. I will definitely continue to stay here when up in the area. Being so close to the rim with all the lakes is nice as well.

Room Tip: Fisherman's cabin is my personal favorite but there are other good cabins.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I had a great experience from when I booked my room to when I left my cabin to go home. The staff was excellent and was extremely helpful. The cabin was really really cute and loved every thing about it. I am making this my semi annual family vacation location. We had the best time and highly recommend it to everyone. I can't say enough good. It was the best vacation we have had in a very long time.

Room Tip: The Founders cabin is amazing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank happytrails242
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

It is so nice to live life like we did when we were growing up, interacting with members of the family and the outdoors!!
What a wonderful time we all had with the cozy quarters and fun outdoor activities at Christopher Creek Lodge! Cabins rustic enough for camping-loving hubby, but amenities to keep mom & kids happy! It was great for our 4 kids, all isolated in their rooms under headphones at home, to be up in a loft together, telling stories, staying up too late, being siblings!!! We had great hikes [with the dogs!!] and also got to visit some snow and play. It was cozy to come back to the cabin and make dinner. Of course everyone got wet playing in the creek - it is Irresistible to our little desert children! Great times had by all and we can't wait to go visit in the spring!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Christine B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I absolutely loved staying at Christopher Creek Lodge It was the perfect little getaway before the holidays! The staff was extremely nice. Nicci who made our reservation for us was extremely helpful and answered all questions we had prior to our visit. We look forward to returning. We will definitely be booking another cabin in the near future. My children and I absolutely loved the creek nearby and all the great places to go hiking!

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank RoxyMason
Sun City West, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed in the Pioneer Cabin #3 on the creek. We were welcomed by one of the younger family members, we loved seeing him share in the family owned lodge. (Sorry for not remembering his name) He was our "go to person", when we needed help in the cabin or suggestions on good hiking, he was there to help. We also had two Weimaraner's that felt very welcomed. There is a dog park which offers dogs to sniff away! No shortage on scoopers either, they can be found available around the site. We will be visiting again, have already referred our family members to share in the great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple