“The hidden gem of Southern Arizona”

and 1 more site!
Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearce
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My first time staying at Sunglow Ranch was an accident of sorts. I had been visiting a nearby winery, they asked if me and my friend had ever been to Sunglow, we'd not only never been but had never heard of it, and they insisted on driving us over for a visit. This was at about 3 pm in the afternoon. We were supposed to be continuing on to another town in Southern Arizona for our next overnight stay, but that didn't happen - Sunglow had an open room, we took it, and I've since been a huge fan. The property is AMAZING - beautifully updated adobe-style cottages, a well-maintained swimming pool and hot tub area with unparalleled views of the surrounding Chiricahua Mountains, a top notch restaurant in a restored territorial building with a wonderful wrap around porch, all the day activities you could imagine wanting to do at a ranch and in the nearby hills, and the nicest, most accommodating staff I've encountered at a resort in a very long time. The biggest mystery about this places is why more people don't know about it!!! I'm on a personal mission to change that. Go to Sunglow Ranch before it gets so popular that reservations are impossible, because I'm convinced more people are going to catch on sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Heather,
We loved your comments! Thank you for sharing. So glad that serendipity and the recommendation of a local vineyard brought us together. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

As our guests depart, they will sometimes tell us of their intention to telling no one about Sunglow Ranch--they want to keep it a secret! We always take this as a wonderful compliment.

Sending you all good wishes and support in your personal mission to get the word out!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Good Sunday morning to you all!

As my wife and I told Brooks, we thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to Sunglow Ranch. Brooks & Susan were phenomenal hosts. They made us feel like more than just guests from the moment we arrived.

The ranch itself is beautiful. The atmosphere is one of total relaxation, which is just what we were seeking. We loved the cabins. They were quaint, yet well kept and added to the overall enjoyment of our stay. Hiking in the Chiricahua mountains was special, too.

I, unfortunately, was in the midst of dealing with a health issue during the time that we stayed. Andrea made certain to request some "special" menu items from the chef that I would be able to enjoy. Chef Miriam not only made something special for me, she came out to ensure that it was perfect for my situation. I can assure you that is was! Camille, Shannon, and Lisa were the perfect hosts as we dined. They were attentive, polite, and friendly. Talking with them made the dining experience that much more enjoyable. I would be remiss in not mentioning Caroline, who gave the most relaxing massage ever!

We are in the midst of planning another visit. My parents live in Kentucky and plan to come to the Phoenix area in March. Our intent is to spend some time at the ranch with them as we're sure they will love it as much as we did. As a side note, we were telling my brother about our experience last night and he has expressed interest in joining us in March as well.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone in March. Thank you again for a very pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: Great view of the night sky from our bed in the Whitetail!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Larry,
You're so kind to write! It was a joy to get to know you both. We sincerely hope you're feeling better. Looking forward to welcoming you back with your parents in March! Sure hope your brother can come along too.

Warm regards and grateful thanks from all of us at Sunglow Ranch,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our stay at the Sunglow Ranch was simply perfect. We arrived about an hour before the official check in time, because we had booked a horseback trail ride shortly after check in. We were greeted warmly and shown around the property and certainly made to feel very welcome. On the trail ride, we were joined by the owner's charming and beautiful wife, Susan and an experienced 'wrangler', Bucky. The ride was fantastic. It gave my wife and me the chance to view the ranch and the countryside in a unique fashion. Upon our return, we enjoyed cookies and iced tea on the porch and chatted with some other guests and the hotel staff. Dinner that evening was superb and included in the price of the hotel. After dinner, we sat in the hot tub and viewed the stars for a while, then watched a movie in the comfortable community room. Breakfast the following morning was also included. It was tasty and the service was as outstanding as it had been the evening before. My wife and I planned to take the 3-mile nature hike, but changed our minds and played a round of horseshoes and a game of bocce ball instead. At checkout, the owner/manager Brooks presented us with 8 x 10 photos he had taken of us on our horses. Brooks is an extraordinary hotelier! He is caring and friendly and tremendously efficient. Our room was clean and beautiful as were all the hotel facilities. His staff are well trained and likewise friendly and helpful. We will return, hopefully very soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Mike M.,
As I read your review it made me feel very grateful to you and proud of our entire Sunglow Ranch team for delivering such a wonderful experience for you both! Hospitality is really a gift, or even lots of little gifts that we give to others. We really enjoyed sharing our gifts with you and can't wait for your next visit!

Please let us know whenever we may be of assistance to you.

Warm regards from all of us at Sunglow Ranch,

Direct Telephone: 520.824.3334
brooks.bradbury@gmail.com

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Superb. Beautiful location ( we were much closer to the mountains than we anticipated ), excellent accommodation and facilities, great food, and service which struck the perfect balance between attentiveness and respecting the desire for peace and relaxation. Thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank David and Penny C
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Penny and David,
You're very kind to take the time to provide your feedback! Thank you. It was a joy to get to know you. We are grateful for your kind support. Until next time!

Warm regards from Sunglow Ranch,

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We recently visited Sunglow Ranch for the first time, but we will definitely return. Sunglow is in a beautiful area in the foothills of the Chiricahua Mountains. The ranch is quiet, relaxing, and rejuvenating. Staff members are friendly and they clearly want visitors to enjoy visiting Sunglow. Dinner and breakfast at the café, which were included with the room, were quite good. Sunglow offers a nice contrast to large, impersonal, corporate-owned resorts. It is approachable, human scaled, and easy going. All considered, Sunglow is a pleasant place to stay and it is located with easy driving distance of several interesting destinations in southeast Arizona.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis C
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Dennis,
Thank you! As I read and reflected on your review it seemed to me that you captured in your words so much of the essence and spirit of Sunglow Ranch.

'Human scale' and 'personable' aptly describe this simple hideaway ranch in the mountains. Nature has really set the stage here--and we the actors on this dramatic stage strive to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for.

Perhaps it is this pristine out-of-the-way location combined with pretension-free attitudes--where one can find a modicum of service (i.e., Champagne in the hot tub) that brings those in the know from across the globe to southeastern Arizona.

With grateful thanks and appreciation,

Reviewed 5 September 2013

In the late 1970s I spent many weeks at the Sunglow Ranch. I was a counselor / guide in a therapeutic wilderness program for "at -risk" adolescents and the folks who had first developed the ranch as a guest retreat, wonderfully allowed our groups to camp on the back acerage at the edge of the national forest. I also have fond memories of sitting around many a camp fire with Archie Smith the then already ancient cowboy who had lived his entire life on the property. I recall those stories and that land as if it were yesterday. ( OK well, maybe last month...)

I am fascinated by the pictures on the web site and the comments from more recent guests. I don't know when we can get there from Kansas, but I WILL return. And I want my wife to experience the beautiful location that was once so much a part of my life. (still is...) Best of all, I am already fanticizing of being there with those memories and NOT having to sleep in a small tent with two others, NOT cooking everything over a wood fire, NOT bathing in a stock tank, and NOT always having to act like a mature & totally responsible adult in from of a bunch of impressionable adolescents! (Kids who participated in that program are now in their 30s & 40s and have established an alumni facebook page reconnecting youth and former "Chiefs." I will share with them your web link.) Gary Bachman

Room Tip: the web site apparently requires a date and some rating in order to accept my comments (inspite of...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary B
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Gary,
Thank you! You're very kind to write--enjoyed your reminiscing very much. How can we reach out to the alumni group? We look forward to welcoming you back to this unique corner of Arizona. Please let me know how I can help you make this possible!

Warm regards from Sunglow Ranch,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

A year ago we were to have my father's 80th birthday celebration at Sunglow. This particular location was to be very meaningful as my father was born in the Chiricahua Mountains and his birth certificate actually has the location as Sunglow. I had called and talked with Mr. Bradbury over 6 months in advance. We had also exchanged email messages with the understanding there would be 50 plus people attending. I though it was pretty much set. About a month before the date, I called, the person who answered could not find the reservation, but told me to call back when Mr. Bradbury would be there. I called and emailed to confirm and the final reply I received 2 weeks before I had 70 guests coming from out of town and out of state was that Mr. Bradbury was sorry, but they had another group coming that day and they could not accommodate that many guests. I was devastated! Fortunately a restaurant in Sierra Vista stepped up and put on a wonderful buffet for my father's celebration. I do not recommend Sunglow for any special events at least while Mr. Bradbury is in charge.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryl T
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Cheryl,
Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts. We are disappointed as well that we were unable to accommodate your group last year and delighted to learn that all worked out with another larger venue.

As our space is quite limited there simply are dining groups that are too large for Sunglow Ranch. Different from a free-standing restaurant we must always ensure that our lodging guests are well looked after.

With this in mind, we would be pleased to have you experience Sunglow Ranch as our guests! We would be delighted to provide you and your father with a very warm welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Direct Office: 520.824.3334

Been to Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort? Share your experiences!