“Oops!”

Carolinas Mexican Food
Ranked #23 of 287 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I visited Carolinas in Peoria on a Saturday to get some chorizo and tortillas to go. was told it had the best food for the price. The first thing I noticed was leaking trash bags on the ground within 2 feet of the entrance. I told the server and she said oh that is not supposed to be there. When I left I noticed another worker throwing a bag in the rear dumpster, right on the ground as opposed to putting in the bin. NOT GOOD! I called the restaurant, I did get a call back, but she was not interested in hearing what I had to stay. Said I had to call corporate. I will never go back and I live a mile away!

1  Thank zonie0531

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Happy we came here. The tamales were faaaantaastic! We also had the fresh (hot!) flour tortillas and guacamole which were delicious. Will definitely be coming back when we are in town.

1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The next time you get a hankering for fast food Mexican drive right past the Taco Bell and come to Carolina's. You step up to the counter and order any item. Your first bite will convince you you came to the right fast food place. If you order any item that includes a tortilla you will be a happy camper. All tortillas are homemade on site and you will see people coming in any ordering a dozen of these tasty disks to take home. All items are delicious and the menu includes all of your favorites from tacos to menudo. The rice and beans are fresh and wonderful tasting also. Need an authentic Mexican drink? They have it. Sorry, no alcohol. Give it a try. You won't be sorry. Prices are a bit higher than Taco Bell but we'll worth it.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The food was reasonably priced and very good tasting. However even for those dining-in, the food was all served in styrofoam containers with plastic utensils. I would have preferred a regular plate and real silverware for my meal (which was delicious).

1  Thank Nathan509
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Very fresh, very tasty. Highly recommend it. Shredded Beef tacos, chicken quesadillas are great. The wait is a bit long during dinner, but definitely worth it.