“Take your best deal”

Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 24 December 2012

If you are traveling to Peoria, AZ you are probably going for one of two reasons - it is Spring Training and proximity of the Seattle Mariner & San Diego Padre shared facilities is nearby OR you have aging family living in adjacent Sun City, AZ.

For several years now, we have been visiting this destination primarily for family reasons but in Spring visits make it a "two-fer" by catching some Spring baseball while visiting the family.

We've stayed at the Comfort Suites, Residence Inn and now Hampton Inn and all I can say is "meh". These properties are virtually indistinguishable although I would note that Hampton's breakfast was noticeably bad. I'm fairly certain there is no kitchen on this property. The raisin bran and yogurt (pre-packaged) were safe choices until we just started driving to Starbucks each day.

The proximity to EVERY MEGA RESTAURANT you can imagine is great for all of these properties. An easy walk to a movie theater as well (which is nice since your visit to grandma and grandpa will be wrapping up at around 7:30 pm) so if you choose to visit Peoria, this is probably the best location in which to stay.

We had high hopes for the Hampton Inn as this was rated as Peoria's #1 property on Trip Advisor. I guess somebody has to be.. My choice would not be the Hampton Inn. The aforementioned breakfast was bad enough but the too-firm mattress had my back in full revolt by my fourth night.

My advice is to find your best deal in that area and book it. It is what it is.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thanks for your recent stay and review. I'm sorry you were not happy with your bed or our breakfast and offer my sincere apologies. I'm glad you find our area convenient for visiting your family and enjoying some of the wonderful attractions and restaurants nearby. I hope you will let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable the next time you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

We stay here every year when we visit family and the place never disappoints us. Each year there seems to be something they improve or upgrade. It's in a terrific location, with everything you could want nearby. It is always clean, comfortable and safe. The breakfast is good, the rooms are great whether you're a business or leisure traveler, and the staff is very pleasant. You get a lot of bang for your buck here!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you very much for your return visits and great review. We are very proud of this year's improvement to our breakfast and lobby, and glad to hear you are happy with the outcome, too. Please let us know what you think of the changes we make when you stay with us again next year.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

We have used this hotel before when staying in this area and will continue to do so. The rooms have the standard refrig, micro, large screen TV and comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The best part of this hotel is how close it is to the Arrowhead Mall, Harkins Theatre, and tons of places to eat. The workout work was great with many treadmills to use with TV's located on top. The staff was very pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Larry M
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you very much for your many visits and for taking the time to share your comments and 5 star rating and recommendation. I'm glad you have found this area to be full of entertainment and activities to enjoy, and that you are happy with the service and accommodations we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Peoria.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

This meet all the usual Hampton Inn standards - good service, comfortable room, frig, excellent breakfast. Lots and lots of restaurant choices within walking distance. The pool - just delightful and perfect temperature after a 20 mile bike ride. The hot tub was also great. The stairs are not carpeted and I prefer that they are so that I find it welcoming and encouraging to use the stairs. Breakfast - time to ditch all the styrofoam, but really, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bethelandi

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand, and for staying at our hotel. That 20 mile bike ride sounds impressive and I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy yourself here afterwards. All Hamptons use Enviroware, eco friendly, biodegradable serveware, which, sadly, can sometimes be mistaken for styrofoam or even plastic!. Everyone at Hampton shares your strong commitment to the planet and hopes to be able to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed based on the location and the reivews that this hotel recieved. I am regretting my decision....The best part of the hotel is locatio with proximity to various bars and restaturant, as well as the spring ballpark and various shopping venues (if you're into that).

The worst part is that one staff member in particular was not very welcoming upon my arrival and did not seem to want to help at all...That basically ruined my experience with the staff.

The room upon arrival was not clean with food crumbs present on the some of the furniture, and the picture next to the bed had a nice big crusty booger on it...that was wonderful to sleep next to. Although the room was updated there was signs of tearing carpet and a big rust stain running down the bathtub. The mini refrigerator door shelves were also broken.

Onto the noise level, one word to describe it....LOUD. I could here every door slam shut around my room and was awoken several times because of this.

The free breakfast was good and typical for a standard Hampton Inn.

The pool and hot tub were sub par and out of date...as the jets in the hot tub didnt even work.

All in all, I'm not sure why this hotel recieved such high rating especially with the rate I was paying it was not up to par.

If you are able to, stay at the Hampton in Glendale-Westgate much, much better at the same rate or even cheaper outside of football season.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Zeppelin1521
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

I am very sorry you had such a bad experience with us during your recent visit, and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Rude behavior is never acceptable, and I hope you will respond to my request for further discussion so we can learn more from you, and do what we can to make amends. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation, and I hope you will consider giving us another chance to regain your trust the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

My fiancée and myself recently stayed for 3 nights and went to see the Eagles and Cardinals game. Not only was the hotel super clean, but the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful!! Thanks Hampton!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gurutravel101
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and fantastic review! We want to exceed our guests expectations, and really appreciate your comments about the room and service you received. I hope you will be our guest again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We unexpectedly had to spend 4 nights here due to a delay insight our moving company. The rooms were spacious and clean ( 3 adults and one infant in a pack and play fit into a 2 queen room with no trouble). The hotel is in walking distance to many of the restaurants in the Arrowhead district. The complimentary breakfast can't be beat in terms of convenience and selection - variety of hot and cold choices! Add on the complimentary Internet and competitive rate ($64/night through the hotel) and I would definitely stay again and reccomend to others!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelmore09
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel when you were unable to move in to your new home. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and look forward to serving you again should you need another stay in Peoria.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#3 of 9 in Peoria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Peoria
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria? Share your experiences!