“Great family atmosphere”

Ranked #9 of 276 Restaurants in Peoria
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since our humble beginnings back in 1978, we've continued to refine our brewhouse experience to make BJ's a place where you can make the most of any meal. We want BJ's to be a place where the moment you leave is the moment you plan on coming back. We pride ourselves in our craft and attention to detail. Our guests come here for our award-winning handcrafted beer. They come here for the Southern California twist we've put on the Chicago-style pizza. And they come here for our Pizookies, our world-renowned dessert. But above all we know people come here to make their good times better. So in many ways we haven't just crafted a brand, but a mindset. And our guests are the reason for this. And it's because of them we're continually striving to make sure every moment they choose to spend with us counts. Welcome to BJ's.
SUN CITY WEST
“Great family atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This brewery-sports bar offers a wide menu at reasonable prices. A great feature is call-ahead seating!

• Visited November 2013

Goodyear, Arizona
“Excellent IPA and Food”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

The HopStorm IPA was very good. Much better than I expected. Comparable with Four Peaks Hop Shot which is my favorite.
We'd been by this establishment in the past but hadn't stopped in. Our mistake!
The service very friendly and eager to discuss the menu. We had the Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Avacado Egg Rolls and Boneless Chicken Wing appetivers. We will order the Wraps and Avocado Egg Rolls again, they were that good. While the Chicken Wings were good they couldn't compare.
This is a great place with good decor, service and food. We'll be back soon with our friends!

Visited September 2013
“Roach infested!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

As we waited for our food, there was a roach crawling toward our salt and pepper shakers right next to us, who also seemed to be waiting for our food. It was the most disgusting thing ever. I'm very disappointed. I hope they fix that problem. The food is great, but now, I wonder... what is their secret ingredient.

• Visited June 2013
Bay Area
“Great customer service by restaurant management”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a unique problem that was readily taken care of by the restaurant manager; the staff were so accommodating
Many choices of beers; full bar; the IPA was okay; I liked the blonde and I’m no gentleman
Food was excellent
I loved the jambalaya
Fish & chips were excellent
Great service by Frankie
Loved the triple chocolate pizzooke (?)

• Visited July 2013
Cottonwood, Arizona
“May have been great, but not for us.”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I've been to this BJ's three times before for lunch, and I enjoyed it.

But dinner on Friday did not cut it. In fact, this was one of those meals so terrible, my wife and I both had to go to a Costco later for a hot dog and a sundae just to wash the bad taste out. Yes, Costco snack bar food was 100 x better than the $85 dinner for five at BJ's.

Let me start at the beginning. Our waitress hardly came to our table at all. Reservations weren't accepted, but my little sister "called ahead" for 5:30 and we were seated at her table because we got there before her. Only problem with that: little sister and her hubby and autistic daughter were seated at another table, by the same person when they came in 15 minutes later. Nobody in the entire restaurant ever made the connection that they were in our party, much less the ones who actually called ahead for the table.

Once I finally found them and brought them to our table--not that anyone in the restaurant ever noticed this, much less apologized--our waitress got the food orders from both tables around us, but left us still with three drink orders to be made in the corner for another 20 minutes. Not that I was ever asked for any refills on my strawberry lemonade--I got more water much later, which was dumped iceless and flavorless out of a carafe.

Ordered the fish and chips--frozen, tasteless megaportions of cod in deep-fried batter whose strongest flavor was the kerosene of the gas stove it came off. I had to ask for malt vinegar and cocktail sauce, which came out halfway through the meal more like a Picante salsa that I couldn't even dip the fries (coincidentally, the only properly-prepared part of the meal) in. Keep in mind that this is a $13 plate.

Wife ordered the Texas Chicken Fried Steak. I guess it was the size of Texas. She thought it tasted like it was fried and imported from there in a mule-hauled wagon train six months ago. Other than that, nothing about the entrée really even approximated its menu description. Mashed potatoes were loaded with some sort of unknown spice, and really too hot to eat no matter how long the wait. Keep in mind that this is a $13.50 plate.

But the worst aspect of the meal, and the whole experience probably, were the "sautéed" vegetables. We could have easily prepared these better at home, microwaved and dumped out of a bag from Costco. They were sautéed in absolutely nothing, the broccoli in fact was frozen, and the carrots were raw.

Why not send the food back, you say? 1. Our waitress, who I at this point was practically having to tackle to get her attention, much less come to our table, and 2. We are having a birthday dinner for my little sister and her autistic daughter, a little girl who has to be controlled and watched constantly in public and was getting extremely antsy by the point both my wife and I realized our meals were inedible--and who, in point of fact, the waitress was so uncomfortable with that she didn't even acknowledge her at the table.

On reflection, I really should not have left any tip at all, though I left $7+ anyway owing to the expense of our meal and my sympathy for those in the service industry. The waitress clearly heard it was my sister's birthday but did not mention one word about it. She brought four boxes to our table even though I clearly stated that we only needed three, even pointing out, "One for her, my meal and hers." Still, she goes right from the script afterwards and asks, "Did anyone save any room for dessert?" Too busy making small talk for ten minutes at a time with the husband and wife sitting behind us to suggest something for "birthday girl," I guess.

Oh, and did I mention that the bussers swooped right in and threw away my wife's leftovers literally right after we left the restaurant? She remembered leaving her box at the table as soon as we got out of the revolving door, so I ran back in only to be told by same waitress, "Nope, sorry. They take care of these tables pretty quickly."

Thanks a lot, BJ's. But never again. Not for me, or anybody I know.

• Visited July 2013