“It's good but dated”
Review of Cibola Vista

Cibola Vista
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for ten days. The grounds and buildings are beautifully kept. The suites interiors are fairly well kept, but not perfect. We are here on timeshare and expected a total five star experience. Everyone employed here, that we dealt with, was excellent. The issues lie with the dated interiors of the units. The TV's are old CRT style or in one case an old RCA rear projection type. The carpets are worn or holy in spots. Tiles need regrouting. Windows are filthy. We enjoyed the facility but will not stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheWiseOldOwl2
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hello Wayne W,

Thank you for staying with us for 10 days at Cibola Vista. We appreciate your compliments regarding the resort property and staff. While we are happy you enjoyed your stay, we regret that your experience will not result in a return visit. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had 4 nights here and it was a mixed bag. It was very pretty and we enjoyed the little courtyard with the fountain. The staff was mostly young and inexperienced. Our concierge was absolutely outstanding, and the highlight of our stay. First impression was nice...the rooms were clean, everything you need was stocked. And even though there is construction, we never heard a sound from it. However, the bed was horribly uncomfortable, so was the couch, and when the people above us woke up at 4am every morning we had to do the same. They weren't loud, but you could hear every squeak of the bed and every footstep. The pool looked incredible but unfortunately it was too cold for us to try it out. And there really wasn't much else to do there. Everything was quite a distance, and we enjoy being able to walk for lunch or to go window shopping. We tried to use the spa services, but the hours were very limited and we just never managed it. It looks like they are building a large addition and we were told they are adding a restaurant so that should be nice for the future.

Room Tip: I would try for a top floor so you don't hear your upstairs neighbors
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello megon d,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cibola Vista. We are pleased you found the resort pretty and enjoyed the courtyard and fountain. Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms and staff as it is our goal to share happiness with all of our guests. We regret to learn not all aspects of your stay met your expectations. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Cibola Vista Resort the week prior to Thanksgiving. We went into our stay with a positive attitude, even after reading the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. However, after one night, we found out why so many people were disappointed in this property. We had a one-bedroom premium unit with Jacuzzi and fireplace. The bed was very uncomfortable. The televisions in both living room and bedroom were antiquated, bulging, tube-type analog sets with poor pictures. As other posters have noted, there was mold in the shower, and not only that, there was no soap dish, handle, or any place to put your washcloth, shampoo, razor, etc. We went to Target and bought a plastic soap dish with suction cups and put it on the shower glass. The furniture in the unit is worn and uncomfortable. We had a large balcony, but it had only a tiny, uncomfortable iron bistro set for seating. We had planned to barbecue some steaks on the gas barbecue provided for guests' use, but it was filthy and never cleaned during our stay. The staff was very nice, but all they could provide us were excuses. The standard line was, "These problems will all be fixed when the units are upgraded," but they couldn't tell me when that would happen. Considering the fact that the televisions had not been replaced in this century, we were not encouraged. We had the unit reserved for seven nights, but after four nights, we checked out and went to a hotel for our remaining three nights in the Phoenix area.

5  Thank klamathkathy
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hello klamathkathy,

Thank your for reviewing your stay at Cibola Vista. We regret to learn of your disappointment and your comments certainly concern us. We invite you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to provide additional details or to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I was very very disappointed with the quality of this room. Mold is unacceptable in my eyes anywhere in a motel room. We stayed in a master junior suite for 5 days which consumed a ton of my points. I did contact the manager and bluegreen they compensated me half of my points. I have been an owner for over 12 years with Blue green, I have found that a lot of my rooms are far from being what you expect in a nice vacation. The furniture in this room was all nicked and in very rough shape. In fact the dining room table had huge pieces of veneer which were chipped off. three years ago we also stayed here at Cibola Vista. The carpet was so disgusting and filthy that they did move us to another location. Blue green really needs to step up with their quality control.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side where they are doing construction. We heard from other guests that it was po...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bargainmama

Hello bargainmama,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Cibola Vista. We value your feedback as an owner. We regret to learn where your experience fell short of meeting your expectations. We appreciate your comments as they will assist us in making any necessary improvements for future visits. If you wish to discuss any further, we welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed here for graduation back in 2008 had a wonderful experience. Of course why not stay here again for graduation and a vacation. The place is not what it use to be. The check in personnal were rude and very short. I go to the conceirge to pick up my parking pass when they found out I was single they did not wnat to have anything to do with me. I was very interested in a time share. But I guess having to masters degrees and working for a Fortune 100 company does not get me qualified. I have to have a spouse !!!. I was interested in booking a tour but once agin the rudenss. I got to the room the carpets were filthy, the table had water stains, and the dish washer was broken. After getting my travel agent involved they showed me another room that was smaller same carpet issues next to a barking dog. We dealt with it. Decided to just stay with it Lucky we went to the Grand Canyon and dtayed 2 of our 6 days at the Holiday Inn which was fabulous. The resort had no WIFI really at those prices!! I paid less at the Holiday Inn and got free WIFI and breakfest. The view of the resort and quiet area is still a plus. All I can say is go back to 2008 hospitality and add WIFI.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony overlooking the pool gives you a scenic view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tequesta N

Hello Tequesta N,

Thank you for returning and sharing your experience at Cibola Vista. We regret to learn your experience this visit did not match your previous visit. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We just got back from a two night stay at Cibola Vista. We signed up for a timeshare presentation so luckily the room was free. The room was pretty outdated. We stayed in their one bedroom standard. The bed was only a queen size and was extremely hard. I have never stayed at a "resort" that did not give you a king size bed. The T.V. is the exact one I had 15 years ago, with no remote, plus there was no Wifi in the rooms. I was able to look past the bed, t.v. and wifi, however I couldn't look past the fact that our A.C. was not working (the room was a stuffy 78) and when I went to take a shower our first night, the shower did not even work. We called down and had them switch our rooms first thing in the morning. They switched us to a room that had no balcony, but at least the A.C. was working. Sadly the A.C. only worked for the first few hours before that stopped. Not sure what the issue was with their A.C., but I was so tired we didn't bother to call down.
The staff was quite friendly and seemed to want to help. Also the resort has a very nice jacuzzi that could fit about 70 people. Biggest jacuzzi I have ever been in.
There isn't much around the resort. Anything worth seeing is a bit of a drive away. Sadly I was expecting more, however I gave them an average rating because I didn't have to pay for our stay. I would have been much more upset if I had to pay.

1  Thank seaturtle00

Hello seaturtle00,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Cibola Vista. We are glad you enjoyed the jacuzzi and found the staff to be friendly. We are committed to sharing happiness with our guests. We regret to learn your overall experience was not positive. We invite you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to discuss your experience further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We recently spent five nights at Cibola Vista while visiting in the Phoenix area. We had a one bedroom unit. One SMALL window for the living/dining and kitchen area so it wasn't very appealing to spend time there - very dark. Full size fridge, stove, oven and microwave so kitchen appliances were just fine. Our bedroom was fair sized and had two windows - no balcony but sliding glass doors on one wall. The bathroom was the nicest room in the unit! Very large, lovely ceramic finishes and a stackable washer and dryer in the closet.
Our two biggest gripes were the lack of WiFi service and the old TVs in the unit. They offer ethernet connection in the rooms - at $4.95/day. I haven't used ethernet in decades! Plus I have a iPad which has no outlet for an ethernet. There was free WiFi in the lobby so everyday you saw people sitting outside the lobby on lounge chairs, catching up with email, etc. We had two TVs in the unit. Both were the old flat screen but huge tube back type. Sound on them was terrible. We just found it very sad that two basic room items(what we feel are basic) were not provided by Cibola Vista: WiFi and decent TVs.
We did appreciate the adult pool, hot tub and bar. And spent a lovely afternoon at the big lagoon pool with slide. Grounds were lovely. Staff was friendly.
Would we stay at Cibola Vista again? No. There are too many other choices in the Phoenix area. We'll try something different next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a patio - they looked very nice. Rooms near the adult pool are much quieter - c...
2  Thank mombadger

Hello mombadger,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cibola Vista. We are happy you enjoyed the pool area and found the grounds lovely. We appreciate your comments regarding the staff as we aim to share happiness with our guests. However, we regret to learn where your experience fell short of meeting your expectations. We invite you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Deer Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley

Been to Cibola Vista? Share your experiences!