“Off the beaten path”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Hampshire, Illinois
“Off the beaten path”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great resort second time here. On the quite side. Worth the drive from The cities. Awesome restaurants nearby. Front desk goes out of there way to make stay comfortable. Well kept grounds. Clean pools. Could use some music or entertainment by the family pool. Clean well maintained rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room w a balcony. Bring a extra mirror if u get a junior suite not enough light...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hello cubsfair,

Thank you for returning to Cibola Vista and sharing your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the resort property and rooms clean and well-maintained. We hope to welcome you back soon for a third visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The rooms were nice and the larger main pool was wonderful. I only had a few issues. The adult pool was small and the bar was teeny tiny. The bartenders were college kids who couldn't make a regular drink. I was very disappointed by the adult pool.

The rooms didn't blow me away. The furniture was outdated but, it was cozy enough to sleep in.

All in all, this place is slightly above average.

Room Tip: This place has a few buildings under construction, so make sure you find out where your room is.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Jill M,

Thank you for staying at Cibola Vista Resort. We appreciate your feedback, which will help to make improvements to our resort to ensure a pleasant experience for all guests. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to provide any additional details. Thank you.
Bothell, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My father and I traveled to Peoria for Spring Training to see the Mariners on 3/20. Our flight got in early and I called Cibola Vista about a possible early check-in. Robert the Evening Manger took my number and said he would call if early check-in was possible. Robert called me at 2:30pm to my surprise and I thought we had our early check-in. To my dismay, Robert informed me the resort was overbooked and there would not be a Jr. Suite available for our 4 night stay.

Robert said he did have a Studio available that was a model unit we could stay in. Since we were in Peoria we decided to head to the resort to work the situation out. Robert greeted us very apologetically and took us to see the Studio. While the unit was nice, it would not work for my father and I as there was only one queen sized bed in the room. There was no sleeper sofa or other sleeping accommodations.

My father and I both have sleep apnea issues and I booked the Jr. Suite for the separate sleeping areas. My father was to have the bedroom and I was to sleep on the sleeper sofa in the living room. Also, we were excited to have the kitchen to cook our meals during our 4 night stay, as we would save money by not eating out every meal.

With the Studio not being a reasonable option for our stay, Robert got on the phone with Expedia, who I booked the reservation through. Once Robert had given the Expedia customer service agent a quick overview of the situation, he handed the phone over to me. I spent 2 hours (literally the phone had a time display for the phone call) on the phone with Expedia trying to find alternate accommodations.

Since we were traveling at a peak time for Phoenix and vicinity, Expedia had a difficult time finding alternate accommodations. There was not anywhere in Phoenix that had the same amenities as Cibola Vista. We could not have the amenities that we truly wanted, the kitchen and separate sleeping areas. The only accommodations Expedia was able to find were lower rated hotels or one 4 star resort an hour’s drive away in Chandler.

We opted for the 4 star resort in Chandler as we wanted to have a nice place to stay for our vacation. Either Expedia or Cibola Vista picked up the price difference of the reservations and I was not charged extra. The room was a standard hotel room with 2 queen beds; we did not have a kitchen or even a fridge. We made the most of our stay, but did not spend as much time in Peoria as we planned since it was now an hour’s drive from our hotel. While Robert was pleasant and said he was going to take care of us, in the subsequent days when I spoke to him, he seemed to be putting me off and did nothing for us.

We were appreciative that we were able to get other accommodations, but my budget for the trip was blown through by having to eat out every meal and the added driving. I cannot give Cibola Vista an accurate review for their accommodations; I can only share my experience. In the future, if I find myself looking for accommodations in Peoria, I would consider Cibola Vista, if they would actually be able to guarantee I’d have a room with my reservation.

Room Tip: Make sure you actually have a room with your reservation.
1 Thank Kyle P
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hello Kyle P,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback regarding your experience at Cibola Vista. We apologize for the booking issue you experienced and any inconvenience this has caused. We are investigating this issue to ensure a pleasant experience for all guests. We hope you will consider giving us another chance. Thank you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on spring break with the kids. The rooms were nice, kitchens equipped well enough to comfortably eat in. Beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were nice. There was a washer/dryer in the room, which was great.

We loved the pool and the astronomy night that they hosted.

Tons of restaurants very close (not walking distance, but quick car ride), plus there is a Target nearby for all those things you forget to bring.

We'll definitely go back!

Stayed March 2014
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hello Justin G,

Thank you for spending spring break with us at Cibola Vista. We are delighted you found the accommodations well-equipped and comfortable. We are happy you enjoyed the pool and activities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I traveled with family to Cibola Vista and we stayed only 2 weeks. Next year it will be 4 weeks, the entire month of Feburary. Beds were SO comfortable and accommodations were outstanding. Loved the pool's happy hour and tennis courts. Family pool is going to be great when the rest of our family joins us next year. Lucky us !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MJM31
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hello MJM31,

We are thrilled to hear that you are planning a return trip to Cibola Vista . We greatly appreciate your compliments regarding the accommodations and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next stay.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The good: rooms and pool are nice, staff is very friendly and helpful and it's close to Peoria Sports Complex. All rooms have a private deck.

The bad: rooms are a bit dark, it's a bit far from any of the other stadiums or Phoenix area attractions with nothing in walking distance.

Hint: Check in time is 4:00 and they are very strict about it. Both times we have been here, we have seen people just sitting and waiting to check in and of course the line is a bit long and slow once it starts. Save yourself the frustration of many and just plan to arrive after check in time

Room Tip: Rooms are pre assigned. Some have wonderful views from their decks and some have parking lot or str...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LAEricson
Hello Lorri E,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Cibola Vista. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay appreciate your kind comments about the staff. We hope to share happiness with you again on your next visit to Arizona!
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We rented a 2 bedroom suite using Choice Privilege points and were so impressed by the hotel. The suites were fully functional: equipped kitchen, table and chairs, appliances. Gas grills for guests' use just outside our door. Rooms were very spacious, large bathrooms, and everything was very new and up to date. We walked the grounds and thought everything looked very clean, well kept, pools looked lovely (although we didn't swim). We were sorry that we only had 2 days to spend here so didn't have time to fully enjoy what was offered.

3 Thank Sue D
Hello Sue D,

Thank you for staying with us at Cibola Vista and sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay and found the accommodations clean, spacious, and well-furnished. We hope to get the opportunity to share happiness with you and your family again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Windmill Suites in Surprise
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center

Been to Cibola Vista? Share your experiences!