“Wonderful Place, Wonderful Staff”

Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
NJ
“Wonderful Place, Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed here while attending a family event, and cannot say enough about the friendliness and competence of the entire staff (front desk and management through maid-service personnel), the cleanliness and maintainence of the rooms and public areas, the breakfast, and the rooms themselves.
As they are in the process of renovating and redecorating the entire hotel, of course some of the rooms have newer furniture and appliances; we were in one of the new suites, but saw the older ones and, frankly, they were lovely and appeared in excellent condition!
The pool area was clean and well-kept, and there was even a grill set-up for those taking advantage of a full kitchen; you could grill your dinner and either dine at your table in your room or under an umbrella by the pool.
The breakfast selection varied each day, and there was always an ample supply of both the hot and cold items. There are two waffle-makers, so nobody had to wait long for one to be available. The coffee was excellent, and available all day; there also was a large ice-water dispenser.
The location is amazing; there were so many restaurants (as well as fast-food places) around that we had trouble choosing our dinner spots! If the weather is cooler, you can even walk to the Peoria Ball Park, and watch a ball game; if it's hot, you can drive the short distance.
Absolutely a perfect place to stay if you're going to be on the western side of the greater Phoenix area.
The best, though, was the staff. Never have I heard so many smiling "good morning"s, and if I needed an extra towel or packet of coffee for the room, it was never a problem. The front desk staff were exceptional, and I wish there were a rating higer than excellent to give them.

Room Tip: Right now the 3rd Floor is complete, but all the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Overall, my stay was good. However, the housekeeping needs attention. I checked in on a Sunday and the room appeared clean; however, Monday's cleaning did not include washing the dishes. I had most of them loaded in the dishwasher. When I returned at 5:30 and found the dishes were not clean, I attempted to run the dishwasher, but the door did not latch, so I called the front desk. I was told there was no maintenance or housekeeping on duty, but it would be taken care of the next day. I was not happy about this as most the dishes, including the coffee pot were dirty. I asked if I could get clean dishes and was told they don't have extra sets, so I asked if I could get some from an empty room, and was told they were sold out.The clerk was appologetic, but that didn't help my situation. I'd had a long day and was tired with paperwork to do and a 3 hour jet lag and now I had to wash a load of dishes by hand before making dinner. (I had gone grocery shopping for my stay.) After I washed dishes and was in the process of eating, the clerk came up and provided me with some styrofoam plates, bowls and plasticware, along with a bag of drinks and goodies. I thought the gesture was very nice, but I was still unhappy that the housekeeper inconvenienced me by not washing the dishes and getting maintenance to fix the dishwasher. When I returned from working on Tuesday, I found the dishwasher door fixed and the dishes washed, but the kitchen sink still had bits of egg, etc., from my breakfast, the leftover coffee and filter were still in the pot, and the trash can was full. I informed the front desk and he appologized and asked if I needed anything, which I didn't, but thought they'd want to know. I checked out on Wednesday as scheduled. The turntable in the mircrowave did not work, but since the microwave worked, I forgot to mention this to the clerk. The lighting at the desk and wifi connections could be better. The 24 hour fitness center, located near the front desk, was nice with 2 treadmills, free weights, a bike and stair stepper, with built in TVs, a scale, bottled water and headsets; however, one day no towels were available. Breakfast and a manager's reception are included, and the kitchens include a full size refrigerator, dishes, pots and pans, etc. A couple of other things I was not happy about: 1) My bill receipt did not reflect zero balance, which I need for reimbursement by my company, so I called to get one emailed/faxed to me and it took 3 calls to accomplish this. 2) I received a follow-up email thanking me for my stay and asking if I was satisfied. I responded with my experience as stated above and asking for reward points to compensate for my inconvenience, but I never heard back. I'm not sure I will stay at this hotel again if I were to be in the area, but the location is great, with lots of stores and restaurants and close to the 101.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 16-31 are close to the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We reserved this unit to stay a couple nights while looking for a home in Glendale for our son. Location, just off 17 about the center of the 101 loop. Since we were new to the area we wanted to be central.... 20 mins downtown, 20 mins to Midwestern Univ. , 20 mins to Scottsdale Fashion Mall, 20 mins to hockey & Football stadiums... 20 mins to anywhere!

Location is A+

The unit ( not just a room ) turned out to be a one bedroom loft with two bathrooms, full kitchen and a second Murphy bed along with a sleeper sofa! Fireplace too.. which we did not use as it was warm! Breakfast was typical, but when we missed it Monday morning they brought it back out.... not bad! One small complaint there was not a sunday paper... small issue I guess but I do read one!

There were complaints on the web of traffic noise... we were in the second room of buildings and heard nothing, even though the front row was directly on the feeder to 17.

There is a water park just north of the complex so I can see a family staying here for a long weekend, lots of space... nice little apartment, er I mean room!

Neighborhood.... well my son & friend ( both 22) walked down the block to get something from the Circle K mart... interesting area to say the least! They walked back with a story to relay!

Room Tip: Stay in a rear building to avoid the noise, if there is any!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Boulder City, NV
Reviewed 2 May 2012

After arduous driving the traffic of Phoenix, this Residence Inn front desk representative was superb and understanding. As a 66 year old senior, I requested 'immediate' and easily accessible accommodations while supporting myself against the counter. The clerk (I am sorry I don't remember her name) was responsive and found me a very close, first floor room, and was
truly sympathetic. The Inn offered a free dinner later that afternoon, which was very good and well tended, and the following morning, a FULL complimentary breakfast. I visit Phoenix fairly often and have stayed at this location before several years ago. I will definitely stay there again on my next peregrination.

Room Tip: The facility is in close proximity to Highway 17 so get a room towards the rear so there will be les...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beverly B
Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

From the moment we arrived, the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The daily breakfast was varied and filling. The location was great. We would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not back onto the 101 because it will be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We loved this hotel! The room was perfect...we had a one bedroom suite with a separate living room (that had a full fridge, microwave, table sink, stocked dishes etc). This was good for us because we have a toddler so the separate room meant that we didn't have to go to bed at 7:30 pm also!! Breakfast - The free breakfast was nice....lot of variety....waffles, eggs, fruit, milk, cereal, pastries etc. You could eat healthy if you wanted! What really made breakfast was the staff...AMAZING!! Kayla made you feel at home at breakfast...she took special care of the kids...crayons, stickers and just friendly checking in!! She did this with all guests and was still able to keep the food stocked! Easter morning she made eggs and baskets for the kids filled with little toys, chocolate, Residence Inn duck (we played with this for an hour in the pool later that day!) Front desk, housekeeping and maintenance - All of the staff we met was friendly and went out of their way to say hi and help if needed! I wish I could remember the name of all staff members to say a big thank you! Other Fun things - The hotel has a nice pool (towels provided), exercise room and play area where you can check out basketballs, volleyballs etc to play. We enjoyed the pool and basketball courts! Internet - The few times we used the free wifi it worked great! Location – Walking distance to a lot of restaurants and Peoria stadium. I did not have a single bad experience at this hotel (we were there for 5 days) and had many moments where I was impressed by the caring staff and thought that went into the hotel! We were in town to see ailing relatives and your hotel added fun to our trip! Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor near a side entrance and it was quiet!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Gilbert
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a hockey tournament at the nearby rink. Slightly dated, but otherwise it was perfect for our needs. Loved being able to prepare lunch in the spacious room in between games, but plenty of close options if you want to eat out. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. Nice common area for socializing with other hockey families.

• Stayed January 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Peoria
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#2 of 9 in Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex

Been to Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria? Share your experiences!