“great location for baseball in march”

Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Walk to peoria stadium, right off loop101for access to other ballpark
, perfect for cactus league spring basebal. Walk to lots of local restaurants. Lots of free parking. Hotel has the usual marriott excellence. Seems to be very well run, standard hot breakfast available in am.

Room Tip: We like the one bedroom in this newer design residence inn
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear 995traveler,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria. I'm glad to see that our location was convenient for your trip. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed in two rooms here: a king studio the first night, and a two-bedroom suite for the next three nights. I believe that this hotel was renovated mid-2013, and it shows. Stainless steel kitchen appliances, comfortable beds, up-to-date furnishings, and a good amount of space where travelers can stretch out and relax or work. The staff are always smiling and eager to be helpful. The laundry room is a great convenience. Breakfast had more than enough choices for anyone, from make-your-own waffles to yogurt parfaits.

The two-bedroom suite had a foul-smelling kitchen drain when we checked in. We reported that problem, and it was taken care of the next day; we also received an apologetic phone call from a staffer about it. No problem there. On the second day of our stay in the two-bedroom suite, we left the room at 9:20 am for several appointments. We returned at 4:50 pm. Our room had not been serviced. I called the front desk; the nice young man who answered put me on hold while he spoke to housekeeping. He reported that housekeeping said they had serviced the room. They had done nothing of the kind, and I told him so. He said he'd send the housekeeping manager up to investigate. That manager never showed up, but 5 to 7 minutes later two young women with a cart showed up to service the room. One apologized, saying it was her first week on the job and she was still trying to get up to speed. Well, sure, I can see that, but I did not appreciate the way this was handled.

Then there were the electronic key cards. Everyone knows how these can suddenly stop working. It's annoying, but not a big deal...until it happens more than ten times in three days. My sister was staying in the two-bedroom suite with me, and if her keys didn't suddenly stop working, mine would. One front desk clerk told us not to keep the key cards near cell phones, keys, or credit cards, because they'd demagnetize. So, where exactly would you like us to keep them? Kayla came up to try to clean the card reader at one point, but it made not the slightest difference. Eric came up from the front desk, too, after my sister's key cards had stopped working yet again, but he was unable to get them to function. I have never had anywhere near this kind of trouble with key cards before, not here, not in other countries.

Finally, there was the bill. My sister's flight was delayed coming in to Arizona, so I checked into the two-bedroom suite using my credit card. My sister had made the reservation and used her credit card to guarantee it, but she and I agreed that we'd leave the room on my card and she could simply reimburse me for my share. But the hotel had other ideas; the room was charged to her card. This wouldn't normally be a big deal, but in light of all the other nonsense here we left shaking our heads in disbelief.

I would not stay here again. There are other hotels quite close by; if I'm back in the area, I'll try one of those.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear VoixDuChocolat,
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our laundry room. Please accept my greatest apologies for the problems you had, especially with your key cards. I understand how frustrating this must have been. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and these issues are being addressed with my entire staff. It is my hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you the level of service of which we are capable on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Had a great experince at this hotel. Was quick business trip with early morning meeting. So went down day before. Great rooms and nice location. Staff was very helpful. Outstanding free
breakfast.
Anything you wanted from extra healthy to bacon and grits.
We king suite room with full kitchen. I would definitely come here again for an extended stay.
Long golf trip or a few days in the desert to just enjoy the heat.

Room Tip: Try to get room in back a little less road noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Paul4golf,
Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale, especially our complimentary breakfast. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The room was very nice and the staff was very welcoming. I went down for breakfast and was late and the desk clerk went out of her way to get me some yogurt and whatever I wanted. The Residence Inn is convenient to plenty of restaurant options within walking distance. It's close to the 101 and I17 as well. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway if possible. I heard it is noisy from others.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear GolfAzTucson_Arizona,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale. I'm happy to hear that my staff was accommodating to your needs. Please remember us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is in a great location. It's close to many good restaurants and shopping. We were there during an extremely busy time with bowl games and holiday traffic. Even with a full house the hotel handled it all well. No noise, full breakfast buffet, etc. Housekeeping was wonderful. The front desk was very accommodating with our late check-out request. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LG2Pro
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear LG2Pro,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was convenient for your stay! Please remember us if you are ever in the area again.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had never stayed at a Residence Inn before, however the reviews of this property were accurate and we found this property to be an affordable "luxury" while we escaped the cold for a few days! We stayed in room 107 a studio suite with a king bed and sofa bed. We enjoyed our stay very much. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. The refrigerator was apartment-sized and the kitchenette seemed well equipped. The thermostat was effective at maintaining a comfortable and consistent temperature, and over-all, we were delighted with the accommodations! It was the perfect size for 2 adults. I look forward to staying here again on my next visit to Phoenix.

The complimentary hot breakfast in the morning was very nice, the hot items included belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits 'n gravy, fresh oatmeal, and a "mexican" potato dish. My spouse did say that the gravy was flavorless, although all the other items were very good. Cold items included cereals, bagels, fruit, yogurt, and pastries. There was a nice variety of condiments to add to the breakfast items such as sliced strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple chunks, salsa, cheese, chives, etc. The beverages included coffee, and assortment of teas, cocoa, apple juice, orange juice, and cranberry juice. There was always an adequate amount of food available (we ate between 8 am and 9 am).

This property is located near lots of shopping, restaurants, and has easy access to the freeways. For us, the location was PERFECT!

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the side entrances; they slam shut and would make for a lot of noise at all times...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan509
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Nathan509,
Thank you for your extensive review of the Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale. I'm so happy to hear that your first time at a Residence Inn was with us, and you were able to take advantage of all of our amenities. We are so glad that you will be returning. See you soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Residence in and found it to be a very clean and pretty quiet hotel. It is close to the football stadium, shopping in Glendale and the Arizona Broadway Theater that we attended.

Our room was clean and in good order. The air conditioner is built in, (not an under window type), which is my preference but this unit, as well as the one in our friend's room, were quite noisy.

The front desk clerk who checked us in was very friendly and courteous and I love it when an employee seems to really enjoy their work and has fun in and with guests! She was great. She even called after we got into our room to ensure that everything was in order. That was a first and was well received and appreciated by me.

A breakfast is included and it one of the more complete buffets with you cook 'em waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereals and etc.

We enjoyed our stay. The only issue is the noise of the AC unit but the drone of it sure cancles out any other noise that might be 'out there'!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear John J,
Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm pleased to hear you had a warm welcome by our staff, and our rooms were clean and in good order. I'm sorry to hear that the A/C in your room was noisy. I will make sure and pass this on to our maintenance staff. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Peoria Residence Inn by Marriott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center

Been to Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria? Share your experiences!