“the worst”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 24 March 2012

this is an old virually unlivable long term motel. the rooms are old. the appliances don't work. the staff try to accomidate but they are working with antiquanted crap. the wireless is the worst. they claim it is "high speed". And it is high speed 40 years ago. it is emensly slow, downloads are measured in megbytse instead of gigabytes. Carpets and general condition is deplorable.

Room Tip: Though this hotel seems like a good deal it is not. the service is ok but the room itself really suc...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank richarda855
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We booked our room on Hotels.com, which states there is a $25 pet fee. The front desk girl said the dog was fine. The beds were HARD it was like sleeping on the floor! The sheets were just as rough and smelt like moth balls! On top of that the next morning the manager came into the room, I had just showered and was standing there naked and just stared, she said that dogs weren't allowed on the floor and that we either needed to move rooms, pay more money or get out. 15 min later a guy came to the door and told my husband to sign papers and get out. Our card was charged another $50. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephanie L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Peoria. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I had to stay at this hotel through work because work was too far from home. I heard rumores from other poeple I worked with that also stayed at this hotel, saying that they had Bed Bugs. I ignored it because I was not aware of bed bugs at the time. Three weeks later, I had 43 bites on my body. I went to the doctor thinking they were spider bites but they informed me that they were bed bug bites. By that time I was already at my home on vaction for severly days before I went to the doctor. It was too late, I brought all my items inside my home. Needless to say, three months later I now have to exterminate to get rid of them. What did the hotel do? They denied the fact that they were bed bugs, or that is what my work said. But I truely believe my work and the hotel was covering it up. Never Stay at this hotel and if staying at any hotel be aware and informed of bed bugs.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Megan K
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Very nice motel. Everything is fresh. The front desk is friendly and efficient. The location is terrific. You can walk to restaurants of every type. Other restaurants are within just a couple of miles. Only 30 minutes to downtown PHX or some of the Spring Training ball parks.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank e2uine
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Phoenix - Peoria. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed 19 November 2010

Asked for and received non-smoking, ground-floor room. Stayed one week in a studio at an amazing daily rate and just a few marks off total score because of garbage dumpster pick-up @ 4 AM on two nights.
Terrific value and highly recommended for location to Peoria baseball complex.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank none65
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2010

Reviewed 10 October 2010

Purchased a Non Smoking room on Priceline for two nights. Got to the hotel and was informed they only had SMOKING rooms available. The hallway to the room REEKED of smoke. The room is a death trap. You cannot breathe. I started having lung spasms within 20 minutes. The staff could care less. They ask that you bring your dirty towels to them and they will give you fresh. So basically you are your own housekeeping staff. They are so rude and objectionable you will wish you had not visited this vile place. They have no amenities and there are many other nice hotels nearby. Do not visit this awful, awful place.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank RoannaO
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2010

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for business and leisure travelers who are staying any number of nights. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in very rare circumstances, like yours, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. Of course, we will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

I went to Az to buy a townhouse and needed a place to stay so I could get everything set up for my move to Az. It turned out to be a great place to stay, great location, friendly staff always willing to help, it was like being at home everything I needed all in one place. I wish I could find something like that when ever I take a trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#3 of 9 in Peoria
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix Peoria

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria? Share your experiences!