“Great service!”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We booked a one night stay using Expedia but when we arrived we learned from Argelia at the front desk that Expedia had booked a room that wasn't available. Apparently this is a fairly common practice but certainly not the news we wanted to hear. Argelia handled the situation with hospitality, calmness, professionalism, and with good spirits. She somehow managed to find the one remaining room in the hotel for us and turned what could have been a dismal situation into a positive experience. Argelia rocks!

Stayed: February 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Extended Stay Peoria. It so nice to hear such great things posted about our staff .We continually strive to provide excellent customer service.I'm thrilled that Argelia deliver such a great service.Thank you again for sharing your experience with us .We look to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria

Reviewed 11 November 2012

When i first booked the room the reservationist had told me that they couldnt guarantee me a non smoking room. I checked in on a Friday at about 2pm thinking i would be able to get a non smoking room. Well...i was wrong. They put me in a smoking room on the third floor. The entire third floor is smoking...and it is absolutely disgusting! The minute you step out of the elevator you are blasted with a reeking cigarette smoke smell. I then walked into my room and was blasted again with the reek of smoke! Ashtrays were literally every three feet...gross. I am a non smoker and this was just repulsive to me. it was so bad that I went to the store to buy a glade plug in so I could smell something other than stale cigarette smoke. If that is not bad enough...oh there is more...
The compressor in the refrigerator was so loud rattling on and off constantly, the toilet would fill to a level of almost overflowing and then squeal as it was filling back up, the curtains on the windows reeked of cigarette smoke and looked like burlap potato bags, the bed linens were Old with stains on the sheets and pillow cases, the blanket felt like an old rubber band! the windows were so glazed over with dirt and smoke you could barely see out. Thank goodness the windows opened, because those bad boys were open the entire time to try and get rid of the stench! One positive aspect of this place!
I know that the room was cheaply priced but it is so worth spending the extra 50 bucks to stay somewhere else. At least you know your lungs will later thank you!
I checked with the front desk everyday I was here to see if they had a non smoking room available and they kept telling me they were booked. The parking lot never looked to be of full capacity....so I don't really know if that was the truth! They definitely didn't seem to care....but I am sure I am not the only one who has complained....they are probably resilient to complaints by now.
This place was so bad....I am checking out a day early. I would rather sleep at the airport than this place! If you are a non smoker please take my advice and do not stay here! It really is that bad!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SHannon D
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.  I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory.  In response to your feedback, I am addressing the smoking room issue.  I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pxp@extendedstay.com.  I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

This hotel is excellent value for very good price (via Expedia). Room had a small nice kitchen. Room was very clean, very good bed, flat screen TV, a lot of space and very quit. Check-in smooth and very friendly. Next time, I am staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our associates made you feel welcome during your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Hi there. We stayed at this place recently and want to say how great it was. It is designed for longer stays but is just as great for short stays. It is like a tiny apartment really. You get a small kitchen equiped with basic dishes. We just picked up some food items to have as snacks as we enjoy eating in restaurants while on vacation...but you could fully cook there if desired. There are lots of restaurants and shopping in immediate area. The ball parks are about a 5 minute drive from the hotel. If you need all the amenities of a regular hotel (poo, gym, breakfast etc) this is not the place for you. But if you just want a nice room and noone bothering you, then this is it. There is no maid service unless you stay 7 days, but you can just take your used towels to the front desk and they will give you new ones. Affordable considering most of the other hotels nearby were far more expensive. Bed was comfy also, flatscreen tv and bathroom was fine. I have read some not so good reviews of this place....which from my experience are untrue. The only bad thing was that the air conditioner was a bit loud at night when it came on. Other than that, it was all good and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were room 203 which was nice and close to the end exit door which took us to the parking lot wher...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Myrna
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stay every saturday night and have for almost 2 years for a shift at a local hospital. The girls at the desk, Stephanie and Cassandra are sweet a.d personable. All others ive encountered are great as well. They just got new tvs as well. Hotel is always clean and quiet couldnt ask for more. Thanks ladies!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Peoria. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! Thank you for recognizing our staff!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

this is an old virually unlivable long term motel. the rooms are old. the appliances don't work. the staff try to accomidate but they are working with antiquanted crap. the wireless is the worst. they claim it is "high speed". And it is high speed 40 years ago. it is emensly slow, downloads are measured in megbytse instead of gigabytes. Carpets and general condition is deplorable.

Room Tip: Though this hotel seems like a good deal it is not. the service is ok but the room itself really suc...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank richarda855
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We booked our room on Hotels.com, which states there is a $25 pet fee. The front desk girl said the dog was fine. The beds were HARD it was like sleeping on the floor! The sheets were just as rough and smelt like moth balls! On top of that the next morning the manager came into the room, I had just showered and was standing there naked and just stared, she said that dogs weren't allowed on the floor and that we either needed to move rooms, pay more money or get out. 15 min later a guy came to the door and told my husband to sign papers and get out. Our card was charged another $50. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephanie L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Peoria. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#3 of 9 in Peoria
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria? Share your experiences!