“Ok stay close to sports comples”

Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The best I can say is that this hotel is close to the Peoria Sports Complex and many restaurants. The room was clean enough and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was minimal and the same every day. Most Comfort Suites I have stayed at usually do something different each day. The bed was VERY soft and had a hole in the middle so you always rolled into it. Housekeeping was very slow. Both days that we were there they never came to clean the room until after 5:00 in the evening. If you're looking for a hot tub the one that they advertise is filled in with concrete. Don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
PeoriaAZHotelGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Hi Staci,

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I truly appreciate the feedback, both good and not so good. I take your comments seriously and will work to make adjustments where needed. Thank you again for you comments.

Kim Csernay'
Genera Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff.
No fitness center. Hot tub was filled in with cement and had yellow police tape around it, looked like a crime scene. .
Very close to highway and subsequently loud including at night. Highway side also has numerous ovely bright lights that make the rooms very bright even at 2AM with all curtains pulled.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Highway side!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
PeoriaAZHotelGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for your review, Dustin. I take your concerns very seriously and will be taking steps to correct what we can, such as adjusting our lighting not to shine so closely to our rooms. Our hot tub retrofit is now complete and the tape has been removed. I appreciate the compliment to staff and have shared it with them.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

This is my 4th time to Phoenix and our second time there for a NCAA Football Bowl Game with our mighty University of Oregon Ducks! While the University of Phoenix Stadium is technically in Glendale, we prefer to stay about 9 miles north in the suburb of Peoria right off AZ101 - and about 20 miles from the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. This was our first time in the Comfort Suites at this location. We normally stay at the Residence Inn or Hampton Inn (both 1 block away).
The hotel itself is OK. Not a lot of frills, but functional and clean. The entrance to the hotel needs an update...badly! Upon arrival, we thought it was a side or back entrance! A single, 7-11 style swinging metal-framed glass door with a microscopic vestibule (where they store the two luggage carts), followed by another convenience store-style door must be navigated before reaching the front desk. Not the most inviting of entrances.
The king room mini suite is very large with a divided room and a separate sofa sleeper and coffee table.
I LOVE the number of outlets in the rooms!!! With the camera, cell phones, Garmin GPS, and laptop, we fill up outlets quickly - and having to move furniture and unplug coffee pots/lamps, etc. to plug in the cell charger is a royal PITA! The desk had 4-plug station, including 2 USB jacks that could also power devices. The desk chair was fairly cheap, squeaky and not comfortable and could only be adjusted for height. Surprisingly, there was no adjustment for reclining the back or the seat. (A low-cost improvement suggestion...)
The bed was comfy, but could use 2 more pillows. We always bring one of our own to fool our heads into thinking we're still home.
The AC/Heat was easy to regulate and fairly consistent. Our room was on the highway side. You might ask for a room on the other side of the hall, if road noise keeps you up.
Bathroom was clean and there were plenty of towels. Housekeeping staff kept the rooms looking nice upon our return from daily activities.
TV was a decent flat screen with plenty of channels. Remote worked fine and had big, easy to read buttons.
Closet had plenty of hangers. Dresser was large enough for our 5-day stay.
The problem with most hotels that offer a "Complimentary Breakfast" is that it is usually limited to a carbohydrate smorgasboard on styrofoam plates with a hard-boiled egg or canned sausage gravy for your protein options. The room is usually minimally furnished, undersized and lacks much of a view or natural lighting. We opted for local restaurants for breakfast instead (see my review of The Good Egg).
Front desk staff were either understaffed or had other things to do besides be at the front desk. We frequently saw the "I'll be right back. I'm helping another guest" sign. When we did see them, greetings were sparse, timid and not as inviting as they could be. When asked for directions, they were helpful and knew the area fairly well.
The price was excellent! While hotels closer to the Stadium, in Phoenix and Scottsdale shot easily over $250/night, we stayed here for about $120 per night (incl. taxes). We had a rental car, so being a few miles away was not a deterrent. Everything we needed for our trip (restaurants, fuel, groceries) were within walking or short driving distance.
We would stay here again, but would try our go-to hotels (Hampton or Residence Inn) first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor and away from the freeway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
PeoriaAZHotelGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. My team and I strive to make every guest expeience the best it can be. Your honest feedack is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I live pretty close to this hotel stayed here for a couple nights and will definitely be going back. Room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly, breakfast had lots of options. cant wait to go back to this location

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicole J
PeoriaAZHotelGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to review my hotel. So happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

A generic Comfort Suites. Standard king room but it did have not only a desk area but also aonther table with 2 chairs in the sitting area along with the couch. Decor is pretty bland and getting a little dated. Standard Comfort Inn type breakfast, nothing special. Everything worked and was clean.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the freeway since the hotel sits right at the exit ramp.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
PeoriaAZHotelGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

I am so happy you came for a return visit! Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

I love this hotel! I stay here several times a year because of meetings in the Phoenix area. The beds are comfortable, the work station is great. The staff members always remember me. It's really a home away from home! Some rooms are starting to show their age and could use an update, but they are always spotless and comfortable. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. I usually request the third floor so no one is overhead. Even the rooms that fac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your loyalty! My team and I appreciate your comments and strive to make our hotel your 'home' while you are here. See you soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

We have stayed there multiple times over the past couple of months and had a great experience every time. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a great experience. I recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Phoenix.

• Stayed: September 2012
PeoriaAZHotelGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Your review was shared with the team this morning and truly made our day! Thank you for being a loyal guest. We look forward to your return.

Kim Csernay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#3 of 9 in Peoria
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria

Been to Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex? Share your experiences!