“If you're looking to eat like a local...”
Review of 5th Avenue Cafe

5th Avenue Cafe
Ranked #335 of 3,314 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Reviewed 19 April 2015

We were looking for a place where all the locals eat and we found it here. Short wait on a Saturday morning, but well worth the wait. If you like bloody Mary's, 5th Avenue's is pretty tasty.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

I have been a regular here for almost 2 years now. Every Saturday or Sunday. I can understand the doors being locked at 1:55. I have managed businesses and restaurants for 20 years in my past.
If you are open until a certain time, you are

Reviewed 16 April 2015

Used to be the go to place with good service and friendly atmosphere. Food is still good but service is not friendly like it used to be. All the servers seem uptight and the boss lady is way too business like.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

The quintessential neighborhood cafe. You go there first because its part of the neighborhood, and second because of the food. Simply a comfortable place to relax with friends over a no-nonsense yet good breakfast. We felt right at home along with all the locals. While I’d say there was nothing spectacular about the food, it was more than good enough. For me on my first visit: eggs over easy, chorizo sausage patties, spicy grilled red potatoes, toast,and coffee. I’d go back in a heartbeat -- and multiple times a month. Definitely wish I had a place like this where I live.

(If you are staying at the Hilton Suites on East Thomas at Central, its a short walk up to this cafe.)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have eaten here a few times recently at lunch time. The service has always been good, even when they are busy. We have tried several of the salads and sandwiches and have been very pleased with all of them. The staff is always very friendly. Great place for a quick, quality lunch.