“Terrific place, clean, bright, large menu.”
Review of 5th Avenue Cafe

5th Avenue Cafe
Ranked #337 of 3,290 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This is right across Thomas Rd. from St. Joseph's Hospital where our daughter-in-law was having surgery so it was super convenient. The breakfast and lunch selections were many and the portions were sumptuous. The food was beautifully prepared and presented. The cafe is very bright, clean and colorful and the prices reasonable. The servers were warm and welcoming and never made us feel rushed. We'll definitely return!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is a one of a kind mom and pop "diner" in an old strip mall. It's cozy and comfortable and the service was fantastic. I meet with my girlfriends once a month to catch up and we chose 5th Avenue Cafe this month. We sat for two hours chatting. Our iced tea and coffee were always filled. Every single employee we encountered was pleasant and responsive. I had the cowboy skillet, which was made to order and came with a homemade flour tortilla. It was delicious. My friends had other dishes and raved about them as well. The prices were very reasonable (on par with some chain breakfast places), but the food so much better and we supported a local business! This is a daytime place, so go for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Great place for breakfast or lunch. Daily specials, super food, attentive service, locally owned. Near my work so visit at least once a week since finding this divine restaurant.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I love this one of a kind cafe. The service is excellent, the food is wonderful and priced well, and breakfast is served all day. I ordered the albacore tuna stuffed tomato, and it was beautifully presented and huge! I would return just to eat this salad. It's always busy with a diverse crowd enjoying themselves, and for good reason. Thank goodness places like this still exist in Phoenix!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

My team at work decided to take our meeting offsite today and enjoy a delicious breakfast in the process...and you guys definitely delivered! Our group of 8 was seated quickly and we had our coffee and water lickity-split!

From the person who seated us to our waiter we were super happy with your service. The menu had an option for every one .... and the coffee was so so good and thank you for constantly keeping my cup full!

If you're looking for a traditional American breakfast that doesn't taste like it's from a conveyor belt, you have found your place! I ordered the biscuits and gravy (which came with eggs and bacon) which was super good, I also had a nibble of my co-worker's chicken fried steak and another's pancake ... All were worth ordering. The gravy was good, not too peppery.

Their lunch menu looked tasty so I have a feeling a few of us will be back for a burger in the near future.

//cheers//