“Friendly helpful staff”

Premier Inns
Ranked #140 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Friendly helpful staff”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Glad I didn't read reviews this time. Didn't see any of the stuff others had said. The lady in front was very friendly even traded my top floor room with one on the bottom so my mother wouldn't have to climb the stairs. The room was clean had a fridge but not plugged in but that was ok just staying the night so I didn't need it. As for the sound it was no worse then any other hotel I've stayed at. If ever I'm in Phoenix again I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank matman5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pebble Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2013

For cheap lodging at 37 dollars a night I wasn't expecting first class service. But what we got was shocking at best. To start off we had originally tried to cancel our room last minute. Understandably, we were told that we couldn't. So we bit the tiny bullet that 37 dollars is and kept our reservation. When my mother (who had booked the room for me and my friend) attempted to check in, she was told that our reservation had in fact been canceled. The interesting thing about this entire interaction was that the whole conversation consisted of the horribly rude (and ugly) general manager simply yelling things out from the back room. Not once did she come out to even speak to her face to face. That said, arrangements were made and we claimed our room. This was in the early afternoon.

Six hours later, after a thirteen hour drive, I went into the hotel designated to my mother and friend. Not five minutes through the door did we get a knock on our door. A very surly and condescending rent-a-cop (I mean really, look at where you're working) with a bulletproof vest on informed us that we must vacate the room as it was not registered under my name. We were told that it is corporate policy, that it is out of their hands, and that each room had it in writing somewhere inside the room itself. We were also told that my mother must physically come down to the office (keep in mind it is 10pm) and re-register us. All of these things are completely understandable. If it is policy, it is policy. However the way were told was incredibly unsettling. The guard and the GM (the name was Susan) essentially scolded us together asking us in a condescending tone "Why didn't your mother mention any of this when she was registering" and "This is policy, deal with it". I was just asking the policy specifics and was brushed off. She was the absolute worst. A shaggy salt and pepper bob, two incredibly yappy dogs, and a sour, upturned face that looked like it had been subjected to strip club cig smoke for just one decade too many.

Everything came full circle when around 10:30-11PM (when we were still waiting to be re-registered) when the parking lot turned into Hooker-mania. And I'm not talking subtle hookers. Like bright pink fishnets, cat calls, and joint smokers. I was being treated like a criminal when there were actual criminals coming in out of the rooms with not even a suspicious glare from the guard. I don't want to come off as self-important but I deserve to be treated better than a dang hooker. And I feel even worse for the families I saw checking in during that time. I decided to just take pictures of the sloppy housekeeping, stack up the furniture against the door, and try to forget all of it. The next day I decided to just spend 150 dollars on a hotel. Please, for the love of humanity and for the sake of your own faith in American Society do yourself a favor and go across the street. Sleep in your car even. It will be safer and cleaner than this hell hole.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Everett W

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Cantwell, Alaska
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I rarely stay in a hotel that I haven't researched online so this was a rare exception. I was looking for something on the cheaper side since it was just me and I was only there to sleep and then fly out the next morning.

The price was very good. I believe around $40 including tax. That is very cheap. The room itself was sketchy. Everything was gross looking. The shower was absolutely horrible. Pieced together with mismatched tile and disgusting grout work. I meant to take a photo but forgot.

I stayed anyway because I had driven many hours that day and had to get to the airport early the next day. If I had spent any time online I probably could have found something in the same price range that was much cleaner.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank AK_Syringa
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Room stinks of bug spray..asked to be moved and was advised they all smell this way.
I felt like I had bugs on me at night... however, I did not see any when I did my bedbug check.
Bad bad area... shady people all around day & night. I asked a local co-worker if this was a bad area, and he said well, just dont go out at night. Come on, they even lock the lobby at 10pm and you check in through a little window with a speaker...ummm-that says enough right there about safety!!!!
I put my wedding ring in my sock! I want some fresh air, but do not dare walk around. My Co. put me in this dump for the night without a car so I am doomed for 34 hours.

I have traveled and spent weeks at a time in a few 3rd world countries, and each one was cleaner and safer than this place!

TAKE HEED******* DO NOT BRING YOUR FAMILY HERE!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank paulie d
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2012

First off, this place was crazy hard to find. (Wish I hadn't found it). The room was filthy rooms. Cockroaches running on my bed when I awoke at two am, then they ran under the bed. Yuck!! Cops were there several times. They were pepper spraying some thug in the parking lot that did a hit and run on someones car in the parking lot. Alot of shady people just hanging outside. The Bathrooms was in shambles with mold everwhere, ceiling with water damage was almost falling down. Microwave door did not even close at all. TV kept having an alarm go off if you changed the channel. Management said they would be over to fix it but never showed up. I definately would NOT recommed this place! If you want to save a few bucks, I suggest camping, as it would be much more inviting. This was my first and last trip at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Melody T
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I was treated very unfairly by management cursed at, and just all around disrespected. I feel that I have been scammed because they want to charge me $300 for the TV not being bolted on the dresser to begin wiTh. when I first got in the room it was off the stand and I never once had maids clean the room during my whole stay and they swear up and down that it was I was once a house keeper there is no way that they remember what TVs are bolted down or not in each and every room they clean. I would advise you if you stay here to take a camera and take before and after pictures so that this hotel doesn't try to scam you.

Room Tip: Cockaroach invested rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Janalie D
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Police Raid The Place, Every Morning, Except Weekend, Because The Felon Unit Of The PD, Are Off. The Weekends, Are The Worst, Pimps, Tweekers (Drug Addicts), Prostitutes, Felons. The Management Will Rent A Room To Anyone, And Don't Care About Decent People's Safety. The City Of Phoenix, Should Legally Close This Place Down. If They Don't, They Should Be Sued, For Endangering The Public. If You Complain To Management, About Your Observation Of The Drug Dealing And Criminal Activity, And Give Them Who,.Room Number. They Do Nothing. The Police, Also Say That They Can't Do Anything, Unless They See It. Please Heed This. Your Life Would Be In Danger At This Premier Inn. If You Have Stayed Here, And Agree, With What I Have Written, Or You Own A Business Near This Hotel, Or Live Near This Hotel. Call The City Attorneys Ofice, Or, Arizona State Attorney Generas Office And As oj Them To Close This Dangerous Place Down.

• Stayed March 2012