“You have to try the sweet potato fries”
Review of Maizie's Cafe & Bistro - CLOSED

Maizie's Cafe & Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The food was good and portions generious. I had half a sandwich
that was almost as big as a whole, with the fries, I couldn't finish
them all. Service is good and friendly staff.

1  Thank DCAtravler

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've been to Maizies several times and have always been happy with my meal. On my last visit I had the Ahi tuna Sandwich and it was excellent. There is a choice of sides with sandwiches; I had the sweet potato fries, served with tart and tangy chipotle-lemon aioli sauce; the fries were tasty, not overly salty and done just the right amount. Other meals I've enjoyed is the Turkey sandwich and the portabella sandwich. Friends had hamburgers and said they are delicious. Salads are also recommended.

The patio is very comfortable and a really great way to dine al fresco. One drawback..the parking lot is tiny. However, there is plenty of on the street parking.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Maizie's tuna salad is THE BEST. Sometimes I find myself thinking about, and craving it...and have to head there. Of the "big salad" genre ala Elaine on the old "Seinfeld" episodes, that's what they are like here. Usually part of my salad ends up in a 'to go' box.

This neighborhood place features great food, terrific staff (my waiter was AMAZING!!!), nice outdoor patio seating, and comfy seating. Others who have dined with me eat other food and love it too---burgers, pizza, desserts.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Nice little bistro. Had the grilled lettuce chicken pesto salad and enjoyed it. Deserts were good and the chocolate ice cream is preferable to the vanilla. Friendly service and manager/owner checked in on our dining experience.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stopped at this mid town restaurant within walking distance to mid town hotels. The menu selection has something for everyone. The choices are healthy, original, plentiful and perfectly presented. It has both an inside and outside seating area. We chose outside for the great feeling it had. The service was both friendly,and attentive. The wait staff appeared to be mainly gay males adding to the ecliptic flare. I would eat here again and again if i lived in the area. Think Ahi tuna, burgers, salads, sliders, hummus etc etc.