“Way to much Rice”

Neighbourhood: North Mountain
London, Canada
“Way to much Rice”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We found the reviews to be misleading. Maybe a friend wrote them- more like an advertisement, my husband was fooled....First off the location, inside not the issue. Found the service to be great.
The clue should have been - any rice left you will be charged... We had the all you can eat for $23. There was so much rice on all the pieces that you couldn't taste much of anything else, was so sick after leaving, trying to eat the rice, so as not to be charged for left overs. Then the fish in all the rolls was more like fish mashed with who knows what. Most had no flavour.
I've had sushi meals, including many all you can eat options and this is the worst food I've ever had. They would be better to cut the rice in 1/2 and use fish not mush. If they're food is good, they'll get repeats who won't gouge them. I was so disappointed as we didn't go for our Monthly Suishi at home as this was so suppose to be replaced... Can't tell you how dissapponted we both were.

• Visited March 2013

Phoenix, AZ
“Best Sushi In Greater Phoenix... Period.”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just an outstanding sushi restaurant, set in a nondescript strip model near 19th Avenue and Dunlap.

Inside is not fancy, but not plain. Sit at the sushi bar or a dozen tables.

There are three standout options here:

1) All You Can Eat Sushi ($23) - for anyone with a moderate appetite, this is the best option if you love sushi. Only rules are no sharing, eat what you order. Almost any kind of roll, piece sushi, handrolls, etc. are available, all freshly made upon orderan delivered on small plates, just like at any good sushi restaurant. The sushi is fresh and good, and the two sushi chefs are so much better than the crappy guys you get at most places - true dedicated professionals from decades of experience. I can't recommend this option enough.

2) Al a Carte - Happy Hour - You can order sushi al a carte anytime, but during 5-7 pm, it's dirt cheap. We're talking 30-40% off usual prices, for all the sushi they have. And for drinks, try the $5 Saki Bombers they have. I guarantee you can't drive after 2 of them. This is a good option for folks wanting to drink and have appetizer sized portions for $20 or less. Otherwise, go for all you can eat.

3) Bento Box Lunches - If you want lunch, they have very cheap and flling bento boxes. For $8 or less, you get a hearty meal. Personally, I love the tempura box lunch. Little california roll, about 6 pieces of mixed veggie tempura, some salads, etc. Great lunch.

Anyway, I've eaten here about 50 times over the last 5 years. Never got sick, never had bad sushi. I have tried other sushi places, and the sushi either sucks, is overpriced, or pretentious. If you want a see and be seen sushi shop, this isn't it. But if you bring your appetite, for a frankly relatively modest bill you can gorge yourself on a dozen varieties of fish.

My office is about 4 blocks from here, so it's a mainstay for me and my colleagues. I'm just very lucky to be close to a great sushi place.
I recommend this for locals and for visitors... enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank FillMyPlate
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Wonderful sushi, fantastic Japanese food and great service. They really remember their regulars!”
Reviewed 7 September 2008