“Good neighborhood place”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Paradise Valley
Neighbourhood: Paradise Valley
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Been coming here since (same location) since 1979 or 1980. That alone should say something. Not the world's greatest Asian Cuisine, but quite good local place when you want something close and quick.

There are newer reviews for The Golden Wok

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stopped in one day for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. Every small town had an old time Chinese food place in our day and this is reminiscent of that time. Even down to the zodiac paper placemats. Nothing fancy, nothing gourmet, just good food. (We were getting tired of all the 'fusions', gluten free, organic, trendy places). Lunch specials are a great value. Mongolian beef is lean and flavorful. Beef and veggies excellent. Price includes soup and one of the best egg rolls I have had. We had enough to take home for dinner that night. It is on our list for sure next winter when we return to Phoenix.

1  Thank northofTO
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was disappointed with the place in general-- disgusted that they served half raw chicken for my meal and I couldn't even eat another bite. The place was not clean and the staff none too friendly! The dinner was not taken off our bill and I believe that this was wrong on the managers end. We will not be returning again.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I have been coming here for three years. Most of the time I opt for the Cashew Chicken meal. There's lots of chicken, cashews and veggies and enough to take home for lunch the next day. Every now and then I try something new and all of it has been great. This is not a fancy restaurant but a quiet place where couples and families like to come. They seem to do a lot of take-out business too! The owners and servers always make us feel welcome.

1  Thank Tripsy72
Reviewed 15 April 2013

WE HAVE SEEN THIS PLACE FOREVER AND STOPPED IN SATURDAY EVENING
we were seated right away and the drink order was right there- the food was very tasty and very large portions- ( we took a lot home) THE PLACE IS VERY CLEAN AND FREINDLY