“Suites of Excellence”

Ranked #55 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Suites of Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

I stayed at the Biltmore Embassy Suites in Phoenix and can’t wait to go back. This was my first time staying at an Embassy Suites and the experience was awesome. When I checked in I was greeted with smiles and Hello’s. The woman at the desk was very helpful and nice, also made check in very fast. The room was very clean and the air conditioning was on which I appreciated because it was really warm in Phoenix. My wife and I attended the open bar happy hour which was awesome; I don’t think any other hotels offer something like that. We had room service which was great. The food was very good and the delivery was fast. We also got to swim in the pool which was fun, clean and had plenty of towels. When it was time to sleep the room and atmosphere was quite which made it easy to fall asleep in the most comfortable bed ever. The morning breakfast was awesome. I was like going to a restaurant to eat. The food was cooked to order and tasted very good. Overall the service was great, awesome, and terrific.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aaw775

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

I recently spent 4 nights here -my first at an Embassy Suites. The staff was terrific. Every single employee I encountered was friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. It was great having the extra room to spread out and relax, especially for a longer stay. I liked the atrium and the fish ponds. The waterfall could get a little loud, but didn't bother my sleep.
The morning breakfast was very plentiful and varied. It was kept well stocked with fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, and breads - plus the cooked to order omelets and sides of potatoes and breakfast meats. A great way to start the day.
The manager's reception was a nice surprise - complementary cocktails and trays of fresh veggies, hummus and the best pita chips I have had.
I only got to use the pool once, but it is bigger then the photos and the landscaping is pleasant. There is also a good Jacuzzi.
As others have noted, the plumbing is a little weird – my shower ran hot then cold. The toilet would randomly start running – usually in the middle of the night. I did call and someone came up to work on it right away, and it got better, but was not completely resolved.
I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank kkhart
west hills, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

Beautiful for an Embassy Suites, lovely atrium and very nice pool. We were upgraded to a pool view with a very large terrace. The room has 2 flat screen TVs, refrigerator, but a small bathroom. The door to the bedroom was off the hinges with bent screws, and the screen door to the terrace had a broken latch and was filthy. The air conditioner was very noisy and woke us up throughout the night, In the morning there were a fews screaming kids in the pool at 8am. We did not have to pay for parking and had free internet. The breakfast and happy hour were typical of other Embassy properties. The location was great with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. We were visiting our daughter nearby so the location was most important to us. The facility had a neat see through gym and also had laundramats.

Room Tip: join hilton honors and book thru honors mvp site
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jfd
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

The staff was friendly and accomodating. Chuck Benshoot especially went above and beyond to ensure my sisters birthday weekend would be unforgetable. The pool area was wonderful; partially shaded to avoid a sunburn. The location is superb; we were able to walk to great restaurants and shopping. Very upscale!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KLKDO
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference and was very pleased with most everything about the hotel. Though my room wasn't ready for me upon early arrival, the public areas (lobby, atrium, pool area) were very comfortable for relaxing after my journey. The snacks available at the bar were delicious, and the service there was friendly and efficient. The room was excellent: very spacious with nice amenities. The location of the hotel is great for easy access to the Biltmore shopping area (across the street), or for a very pleasant walk to the Biltmore Hotel and the wonderful walking/jogging trail that passes through it. The breakfast was outstanding, with a complete offering of hot and cold buffets and made-to-order omelets, pancakes, and french toast. The hotel has a shuttle that could be used to go short distances, and this includes the nearby Camelback Mountain park for a fantastic, though strenuous, hike.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Edam4
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

My three sisters and cousin chose Embassy Suites Biltmore to gather an celebrate our youngest sisters 50th birthday. It was fabulous. The Managers Happy Hour and breakfasts included in the package were amazing. We really enjoyed the rooms and pool. Chuck Benshoof, maintenance engineer, really helped make our stay "over the top". The refringerator in our room was not working when we arrived and Chuck replaced it and also brought us a second refrigerator along with a tub to ice down our beers. He checked in with us throughtout our stay to see that we had everything we needed. He really went "above and beyond" his duties to make our visit very pleasurable. People like Chuck, make this a "world Class" Resort.

Room Tip: Each room also has a fold out bed.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank debbieandpatc
Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

We have stayed at a lot of Embassy Suites, including several in the Phoenix area, and this is one of our favorites. The location can't be beat, with a mall and movie theatre within walking distance, plus easy access to many great sites in Phoenix.

The atrium is among the most beautiful we've seen, complete with the requisite giant koy, plants and walkways. The staff were kind about giving fish food to our kids.

Our room was just fine, although I really wish ESuites would put the door to the bathroom OUTSIDE of the master bedroom, so you can close the door to the bedroom and others (kids on the sofa bed) can get to the bathroom without coming in. Oh well.

The sofa bed, unfortunately, was quite uncomfortable, even for a sofa bed and even for a kid. Because we were on the first floor and near to the morning breakfast area, the sounds of dishes in the morning woke people up early. (The bedroom was lovely, dark and quiet, so if you're not on the sofa bed, no worries).

The staff were friendly and helpful; the housekeepers came and went without intruding.

The breakfast was nice, but with the usual long ESuites lines. However, the staff put out hot breakfast items on a buffet, so you could still get a nice breakfast without waiting in line. Several tables were available outside by the pool. I have to say the managers' receptions have declined in recent years, or maybe it's just our last few stays. But, it seemed like you used to get decent appetizers; now it just seems to be nacho cheese and popcorn. We didn't even bother going any of the nights--the food is pretty junky.

The pool area was nice with plenty of tables and chairs for sunning. The pool was quite cold this time of year, though!

All in all, this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family