“Great customer service”

Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
New London
“Great customer service”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was in Phoenix for an internship interview. The airport lost my luggage, my heel broke, and the first hotel I was reserved but somehow lost my reservation sent me away...however I walked into the lobby and the young lady at the desk was fantastic. She gave me her flip flops because I had to find a mall ASAP. She told me where to go for all the good deals and even offered her lunch to me. This hotel is all about customer service! My one night stay turned into a three day stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelerofStars
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you very much for the great review! I am so glad that we were able to help out after you had such a difficult time traveling to Phoenix. Our staff really is dedicated to deliver excellent service and I am so proud that they made your day.

I hope to see you again soon.

Valarie Miceli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Argentina
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Our reservation said 2 bedroom suite. They gave us room 545, a one bedroom suite with 2 beds and a sofa bed. When complied about the 2 bedroom suite they said that they call it 2 bedroom because it has a bedroom and a living room (????).
Our room was facing some kind of engine that didn't stop working all night long, and it was like sleeping inside an helicopter because of the noise.
They don't have safe in the rooms, so you have to leave your stuff on a safe at the front desk. That shows how oudated is the hotel.
The lobby of the hotel looks nice, and the breakfast is good, but the room is relly outdated and they lie about the 2 bedroom suite.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that face the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank BRLArgentina
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am very sorry about the misunderstanding about our rooms. We do advertise that we have two room suites. That is because each suite has a separate bedroom and living room. Some Embassy Suites do have a few suites with two bedrooms, but unfortunately ours does not.

If you have an opportunity, I would love to talk with you about your stay. Please call my direct line at 602-615-2541.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed two nights, combination business and fun trip. Pricier than places we normally stay, but it was nice. Huge king suite rooms.

2 Thank CaneRidgeJohnny
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I really appreciate your feedback. I am very sorry that we were unable to offer you an alternative pillow during your stay. I will make sure that we have a selection available from now on. I appreciate that you have stayed with us before and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Please let the reservationist know you have a request for different pillows and we will be happy to accomodate you.

Ajijic, Mexico
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times, and it remains the same. The rooms are a typical layout with a bedroom area and a "living room" area. The rooms are large, but bathrooms are very small. Lighting is good; there are lots of outlets and plenty of space to spread out. A real negative on this trip was the lack of temperature control -- some people found their rooms very warm, and some very cold with no way to alter the temperature. Those who complained to the front desk were told that they couldn't change anything -- at least one person got a space heater. There is a complementary breakfast that is well above average, with someone there to make custom omelets. There is also a complementary cocktail hour with some minimal snacks. The hotel is located across the street from an up-scale mini-mall with green space that is good for people watching. The mall also has several very good restaurants. There were lots of pillows, but they were all identical and not to my liking.

5 Thank Susan C
Denver
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Came here for a meeting. Location demands transportation if you want to get anywhere, but they do have a shuttle with a willing driver for short stops. There is a nice shopping area within a few hundred yards that is fairly upscale and also has several eating establishments. The hotel staff were lovely on check-in and very pleasant at every step. The rooms are a typical Embassy Suites two-room unit, with ample space (BIG bedroom and decent living area). The bathroom is small and I definitely didn't appreciate the hair that wasn't mine in the tub and shower on check in. Otherwise, toiletries were reasonable, the towels are large and fluffy. The cotton robe was a nice touch, and the dresser space was great. A second sink in the bedroom would be useful for a family staying together, but isn't necessary for solo travelers....definitely gives you an option if there are several of you traveling together. The included buffet breakfast and made-to-order omelet bar every morning was lovely, and in many circumstances, would save a family $50 or more in breakfast costs. A large pond with beautiful Koi is certainly a nice touch that doesn't happen in most large chains. The fitness facility is quite small and located on the second floor, essentially in the space in between the hallway/atrium. All in all, this is a fine place to be, although somewhat in need of cleaner carpets and bathrooms in my particular experience.

Room Tip: The elevators are situated in a strange layout and stairs are not obvious should you want to walk a...
2 Thank DenverDoctorMom
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found Embassy Suites value to be great! I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for convenience. Our usual Embassy Suites was bought by another company. Hotel reception was acceptable, my honors level was recognized. Just found the room somewhat dated and the bathroom very small, door would not stay open and toilet leaked on floor. My preferences were not honored (my room was by an elevator). I also found the evening manager's reception to be in an unusual place (same area as breakfast) because they did not want it to conflict with the bar that served the inhouse restaurant. It was not unusual to see 15 people in line waiting for their beverage of choice. Would I return, probably yes because it is across the street from some fabulous restaurants and you can walk there in 5 minutes. If the Ritz (also nearby) has a similar room charge, I will change next time. They even forgot to give me my requested wake up call - my associate got his.

2 Thank Paul M
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. I am so sorry that we fell short in delivering outstanding service for your stay. Your experience as not at all what we want to deliver and I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss this with you if you would be available to contact me. My direct line is 602-553-8179.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 January 2012

As I travel all the time, I won't take the time to write a review unless the hotel was really great or just terrible. I stayed here for a conference as the Biltmore Arizona resort rooms were full. Although, the Embassy Suites were not as fancy or nice as the Biltmore - they had a nice property, the suites were very large and well-decorated and clean - relatively quiet. There is a pool and whirlpool. The front desk staff - especially manager Valerie and Amanda at the front desk were fantastic. There was a complimentary shuttle to the Biltmore and anywhere within a 3 mile radius and the staff were incredibly friendly. The customized omelette station and complimentary breakfasts were great. The manager's happy hour with food and drink were also wonderful complimentary perks. The staff bent over backwards to help us and make sure we had a great stay. They even sent a town car complimentarily to get us when we finished hiking Squaw Peak and it was dark and we needed to get back - instead of having us wait for the shuttle - which was really appreciated. The property makes sense and is reasonable in price and well-located. There are a bunch of running trails along the canal, hiking to Squaw Peak or Camelback Mountain are close by and really worth it, it backs the golf course and is about a mile from the Biltmore Resort. Of course - it is right beside the mall where there are tons of great restaurant - including True Food Kitchen which was great. The hotel restaurant was reasonable also but not likely something you would like to eat at every night unless you love steak. All in all would definately stay here again. The customer service was great. It made sense and we loved the stay here and would stay at Embassy Suites as a priority above other hotels. It makes sense and is non-pretentious but delivers good quality and good service. What more could you want?

Room Tip: the rooms facing the pool were really nice. Would recommend the 3rd floor or higher and a bit furth...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank curiousqueries
Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel. Your experience is exactly what we strive to deliver to every guest every day. I am so glad you had a great time.

We will be delighted to see you again soon!