“Above Average ES”

Ranked #54 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
gorgeous hudson valley
“Above Average ES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

This 5 story hotel offers everything you need, free breakfast/cocktail hour, a familiar steak-house on property, 2 room suites, spacious pool and a lot of room! Our 2 night stay was very comfortable. The first floor of the hotels have patio's rather than balconies that face the pool. The second floors have 'extended' balconies that face the pool. 3, 4, & 5th floors have balconies that are small, but you are able to put a chair or two out there and relax. No problems with our room, everything was in great working order. And, what a plus, you could keep the sliders open for fresh air! There are also ceiling fans in the bedroom and living rooms.
I think there might have been 4 elevators, not sure how many rooms, but it seems to be a big hotel, very spread-out. Great location across the street from the Fashion Mall, which made it easy to grab a nice lunch and dinner and not drive. Though not centrally located, you are within minutes of many shops, restaurants and specialty stores. The Arizona Biltmore is just around the corner, and worth taking the time to visit, or, go one a free tour of the place. The Arizona Biltmore golf course is adjacent to the hotel.
You have to take note of the lobby~nicely appointed with desert cliffs, etc. Koi "pond" flows throughout the lobby, it is well stocked and has some turtles in it too!
There is a separate hot tub from the pool and lounge chairs and tables throughout the area. Exercise room was small, but sufficient and glass enclosed so you can see if the equipment you want is available.
I would like to thank Melinda for her helpfulness. I called to see if we could get an extended balcony on the 5th floor. She was gracious enough to take the time to explain the set-up, extended balconies on the 2nd floor only, and would keep her eye out for an extended balcony. When we checked in, she had set aside 2 rooms for us, and asked if we had gotten her phone call. We chose the 5th floor room, at the end of the hallway and it was perfect, quiet, pool views and even though it was a far walk to the lobby, it was an enjoyable walk to look at the nicely placed 'trivia' signs about Arizona. There is a lot to discover and uncover about this hotel.
There is a shuttle that will take you 3 miles within hotel distance, an added plus. Wake up call at 4am came promptly!
When we returned home, we smiled when we heard Melinda's voice wondering which room we wanted. Little things like that make a good hotel a great hotel. Thank you ES Biltmore for making our stay wonderful. We wish our stay was just beginning!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2toots
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful and detailed review of our hotel. I hope that others will find it helpful. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and i hope that we will see you again soon.

Valarie Miceli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Typical embassy suites in a commercial area of phoenix. If you are new to the area, you are not staying in a very scenic or "happening" area. It is across the Biltmore Mall which is a nice mall, but not the biggest or fanciest in the area (u need to go to scottsdale). Also a place in which you will need your car - other than the mall, there is not much within walking distance.

Rooms are clean and service is good - My main advice is to ask for a room that is away from the front entrance of the hotel. It can be quite noisy at all hours, from people coming back to the hotel after a late night party to hearing people check out and wheel their luggage out at 5 in the morning

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Please accept my apologies that the lobby was noisy and disturbed you during your stay. I am glad that overall you had a pleasant experience.

I hope we will have another opportunity to have you as our guest.
Hiddenite, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

The Embassy Suites Hotel Phionix-Biltmore, Arizonia is a first class hotel with excellent accomadation. There goal is to provided serves to the customers through care and assistance any time oday or night.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you found our staff and service exceptional. We look forward to seeing you again.

Newark, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

At the end of the day, as long as I have a clean room, courteous hotel staff, I'm usually happy. Since I was there on business, the full service complimentary breakfast stood out for me and my work peers. Though, they could possibly use another person cooking eggs since the line got a little long, but I'd still rate it very high. overall...a terrific stay, beautiful hotel, and friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank for the great reveiw of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please accept my apologies that there was a line at breakfast. We work hard to keep things moving so that people have a minimal wait time.

I hope we will see you again soon.

home
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed at the Embassy Biltmore in Phoenix while attending Spring Training games. Checkin was easy and the staff was friendly and efficient. Rooms were standard Embassy rooms. large, not overly fancy, and relatively clean. Overall cost was very fair.

We enjoyed the hosted bar in the evenings and the complimentary breakfast in the mornings. They could have used two or three more staff members for the breakfast. The crew was overwhelmed by dishes and dirty tables. We usually had to clear the tables ourselves in order to have a place to eat. Dishes piled up on the counter as other guests had to do the same thing.

Pool was large and clean.

We ate dinner at Omaha Steakhouse twice. Service was friendly but slow. Waiters disappeared both nights. Not sure if they were doubling as bar tenders. Food was good.

Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I appreciate your feedback on the challenges you experienced at breakfast. We have made adjustments to our staffing to ensure that we do not have that problem again. We have also taken your comments about the dining room service to heart and we are using this as a training tool for the team.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites.
Tucson, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very nice hotel, I felt as though I was at home. Excellent staff! I especially like the inviting attittudes that went with the smiles. The service I received was from the staff was outstanding. This is definitely a place I would come back to in the future and I would recommend this place to my work partners and my friends.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the great review of our staff! I am eager to share your comments with the team. They are continually striving to demonstrate outstanding guest service and they will be so encouraged to hear about your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I’ve stayed at many Embassy Suites during my business and leisure travels and found that, while generally predictable, they are usually predictable in a good way. The Embassy Suites Biltmore in Phoenix is an exception in that it is unpredictable in many good ways.

The Embassy Suites Biltmore is a lovely property, styled in homage to Frank Lloyd Wright, with much to recommend about it but at least one caveat as well.

The hotel is conveniently located in the Biltmore area near 24th St. and East Camelback Road. Home to upscale shopping and restaurants and near the fabled Arizona Biltmore, it’s convenient to many of the city’s attractions. Within easy striking distance of Arizona Highway 51, it’s convenient for those en route to somewhere else as well.

The first thing that struck me as we drove up was the architecture that was clearly done in Frank Lloyd Wright’s Prairie Style, as are several buildings that Wright designed on the nearby Arizona Biltmore as well as Grady Gammage Auditorium on the campus of Arizona State University in Tempe.

But it’s the hospitality that will make or break a hotel, no matter how beautiful the building or how pretty the property.

In that sense, the Embassy Suites Biltmore does not disappoint. From the desk clerk who checked us in to the bartenders at the nightly manager’s reception and the on-site steak house to the housekeeping staff who quickly met my request for additional blankets to staff members we passed in the hall, everyone was friendly, polite, and gracious.

During the weekend we stayed there, however, there were significant shortcomings related to the hotel’s complimentary food and beverage offerings. The wait for a complimentary cocktail at the manager’s reception the first night was about 15 minutes, and the lines for the included breakfast the next morning were even longer and moved even slower.

The breakfast line barely moved during the 10 minutes we waited before we bailed out in favor of a local haunt. Sometimes, a “free” breakfast is worth exactly what you pay for it.

When I brought it to the manager’s attention, she apologized and said they’d made arrangements to add a buffet the next morning to reduce the waits, again demonstrating good responsiveness to guests’ needs.

When the next morning came, the waits were indeed shorter but staff still needed to pay more attention to detail. Both coffee pots were allowed to run dry without being replenished and numerous tables went uncleared despite the smaller crowds.

If you’re patient and don’t mind waiting for a beverage at night or breakfast the next morning, you probably won’t be disappointed. If you’re less patient, there are several other eating and drinking establishments nearby.

Even if you choose to pass on the “freebies,” the Embassy Suites Biltmore is still well worth a visit.

More a more detailed review, please visit my travel blog at www.TravelPro.us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your review is professional and encouraging. I am very sorry that you had to wait so long at breakfast and the managers reception and that the attention to detail was lacking. I assure you that we are using your feedback to coach the team to improve on these details so that we can deliver more consistently a high level of service. I am glad to hear that the team members were helpful and genuine.

I hope we will see you again soon.