“Five Star Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hiddenite, United States
“Five Star Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

The Embassy Suites Hotel Phionix-Biltmore, Arizonia is a first class hotel with excellent accomadation. There goal is to provided serves to the customers through care and assistance any time oday or night.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you found our staff and service exceptional. We look forward to seeing you again.

Valarie Miceli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Newark, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

At the end of the day, as long as I have a clean room, courteous hotel staff, I'm usually happy. Since I was there on business, the full service complimentary breakfast stood out for me and my work peers. Though, they could possibly use another person cooking eggs since the line got a little long, but I'd still rate it very high. overall...a terrific stay, beautiful hotel, and friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank for the great reveiw of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please accept my apologies that there was a line at breakfast. We work hard to keep things moving so that people have a minimal wait time.

I hope we will see you again soon.

home
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed at the Embassy Biltmore in Phoenix while attending Spring Training games. Checkin was easy and the staff was friendly and efficient. Rooms were standard Embassy rooms. large, not overly fancy, and relatively clean. Overall cost was very fair.

We enjoyed the hosted bar in the evenings and the complimentary breakfast in the mornings. They could have used two or three more staff members for the breakfast. The crew was overwhelmed by dishes and dirty tables. We usually had to clear the tables ourselves in order to have a place to eat. Dishes piled up on the counter as other guests had to do the same thing.

Pool was large and clean.

We ate dinner at Omaha Steakhouse twice. Service was friendly but slow. Waiters disappeared both nights. Not sure if they were doubling as bar tenders. Food was good.

Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I appreciate your feedback on the challenges you experienced at breakfast. We have made adjustments to our staffing to ensure that we do not have that problem again. We have also taken your comments about the dining room service to heart and we are using this as a training tool for the team.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites.
Tucson, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very nice hotel, I felt as though I was at home. Excellent staff! I especially like the inviting attittudes that went with the smiles. The service I received was from the staff was outstanding. This is definitely a place I would come back to in the future and I would recommend this place to my work partners and my friends.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the great review of our staff! I am eager to share your comments with the team. They are continually striving to demonstrate outstanding guest service and they will be so encouraged to hear about your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I’ve stayed at many Embassy Suites during my business and leisure travels and found that, while generally predictable, they are usually predictable in a good way. The Embassy Suites Biltmore in Phoenix is an exception in that it is unpredictable in many good ways.

The Embassy Suites Biltmore is a lovely property, styled in homage to Frank Lloyd Wright, with much to recommend about it but at least one caveat as well.

The hotel is conveniently located in the Biltmore area near 24th St. and East Camelback Road. Home to upscale shopping and restaurants and near the fabled Arizona Biltmore, it’s convenient to many of the city’s attractions. Within easy striking distance of Arizona Highway 51, it’s convenient for those en route to somewhere else as well.

The first thing that struck me as we drove up was the architecture that was clearly done in Frank Lloyd Wright’s Prairie Style, as are several buildings that Wright designed on the nearby Arizona Biltmore as well as Grady Gammage Auditorium on the campus of Arizona State University in Tempe.

But it’s the hospitality that will make or break a hotel, no matter how beautiful the building or how pretty the property.

In that sense, the Embassy Suites Biltmore does not disappoint. From the desk clerk who checked us in to the bartenders at the nightly manager’s reception and the on-site steak house to the housekeeping staff who quickly met my request for additional blankets to staff members we passed in the hall, everyone was friendly, polite, and gracious.

During the weekend we stayed there, however, there were significant shortcomings related to the hotel’s complimentary food and beverage offerings. The wait for a complimentary cocktail at the manager’s reception the first night was about 15 minutes, and the lines for the included breakfast the next morning were even longer and moved even slower.

The breakfast line barely moved during the 10 minutes we waited before we bailed out in favor of a local haunt. Sometimes, a “free” breakfast is worth exactly what you pay for it.

When I brought it to the manager’s attention, she apologized and said they’d made arrangements to add a buffet the next morning to reduce the waits, again demonstrating good responsiveness to guests’ needs.

When the next morning came, the waits were indeed shorter but staff still needed to pay more attention to detail. Both coffee pots were allowed to run dry without being replenished and numerous tables went uncleared despite the smaller crowds.

If you’re patient and don’t mind waiting for a beverage at night or breakfast the next morning, you probably won’t be disappointed. If you’re less patient, there are several other eating and drinking establishments nearby.

Even if you choose to pass on the “freebies,” the Embassy Suites Biltmore is still well worth a visit.

More a more detailed review, please visit my travel blog at www.TravelPro.us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your review is professional and encouraging. I am very sorry that you had to wait so long at breakfast and the managers reception and that the attention to detail was lacking. I assure you that we are using your feedback to coach the team to improve on these details so that we can deliver more consistently a high level of service. I am glad to hear that the team members were helpful and genuine.

I hope we will see you again soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

My experience is about what I expected during my stay. The staff is helpful, the rooms are comfortable, and the overall experience is decent. The room cost includes breakfast in the morning, which is quite helpful. Though the meal was not fancy, it did meet its intent of getting the day started right. The rooms are suites, which was helpful as my colleague and I needed to work on a project prior to retiring for the evening--easier to do in the office part of the room instead of on the bed.

Couple of "wishes" for improvement: a faster internet system, that is included in the room price, and a bigger business center. At times, it seemed the internet was straining to keep up (and the fact it is an extra charge seems unreasonable) and the business center was not big enough, especially for a hotel that is geared towards "business".

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback concerning our internet and business center. We are continually looking for ways to improve our service and our product.

I hope that we will see you again soon.
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites.
wallinford Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

we stayed twice during april. 2013. It is a terrific location, next to the upscale Biltmore Mall, is landscapped nicely for a tight space, and has a good size outdoor heated pool and hot tub in a pretty walled courtyard. The large atrium lobby is awesome. All of the staff is friendly and helpful..Partucularly appreciated were the breakfast short order cooks who always prepared the omelets correctly as ordered..The evening two-hour complementary cocktail party was also great with a sharp female bartender who remembered your name and drink every trip back to the bar. Both breakfast (also complementary) and the cocktail were served in a nice atrium setting, and guests were also permitted to take drinks and breakfast outdoors to the pool area if they wished. A downside was that this busy area can get very noisy in the early morning hous (4;30 a.m.) so be careful of room location.the fitness center was top drawer with all new equipment and two of each.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to post your comments. And......You are right! We do have a terrific location and a great product. Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites. I hope we will see you again soon.