“We go here once a year for our anniversary”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore
Ranked #51 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 27 May 2013

For those of you not used to palm trees, you'll have a blast at the huge play pool. Kids love the entire place. If you check with the front desk, they'll give you some food to feed the Koi Fish who swim in the well designed long creek that runs through the huge atrium. That atrium is incredible with short meandering bridges, "lookout" walkways, conversation pits throughout with lots of flat screen TVs.

Although I would not suggest the Omaha Steakhouse inside, the bar will provide plastic cups for your drink so you can visit the pool. The Biltmore Fashion Park is a very short walk next door & is easily accessible by wheelchair. There are numerous restaurants that are a bit pricey but are great. (You can do an internet search and see the menus for those restaurants.) We went to the Season 52 which has a piano bar and a classically trained pianist. The Capital Grill is pricey but if anyone in your party does not like stuff animals mounted on the wall you might avoid it.

The rooms are true suites with two quarters. If you have a couple of bambinos you can bed them down on the sofa bed in the front part with its own TV & refrigerator. They'll have to enter the adults room to use the bathroom or watch the TV in that room..

There is a free happy hour in the evening with free wine, draft beer, fresh veggies for munching, soft drinks, & popcorn. In the morning, there is a full breakfast. It's not "full" in the sense of how some hotels advertise. It defines the term full breakfast. This one is replete with "cook to order omelets", hash browns, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt, pancakes, and more coffee/ orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, than a small army would use.

The line moves a bit slowly. I was in it for 1/2 hour so arrive early in the morning. It is well worth it. We enjoyed the fresh fruit, coffee, & pastries which were available prior to the omelet bar opening. I probably gained a pound but they have a huge exercise room so bon appetite !!

Each year we see a hotel shuttle bus so you might check to see if they can pick you up at the airport. You can check at the front desk for activities and attractions in the Valley. They are friendly and it seems to be genuine in their offer to help.

BTW, there is a short tunnel under Camelback Road that you allows easy access to the Esplanade Office building across the street. There is a nice theater in the complex but only limited dining. Unless you have a lot of time and want to explore, I'd skip it. The shops and restaurants at the Biltmore will keep you busy.

Room Tip: If you have small kids, try to avoid rooms higher than the 2nd floor. The guard rail is only so hig...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We should hire you to write our advertising! You mentional all of the great features of our hotel and our location. Thank YOU! I am glad you and your family enjoy the property. We do have a terrific location and a beautiful hotel.
As for our shuttle van, we provide transportation within a three mile radius, so if you want to go to catch the light rail into downtown Phoenix or to local businesses we can take you. We do not provide transportation to/from the airport but we do work with the local town car company for a comfortable ride at a competitive price.

I look forward to seeing you again next year!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Great location. No need for a vehicle. great restaurants, malls are within walking distance. Hotel shuttle can also take you. Plus the shuttle will take you to the Biltmore Hotel and the Wrigley Manson. Full Breakfast and managers reception nightly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have a great location and a beautiful property.

Please come visit again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We went to Phoenix to attend baseball spring training. We stayed at the Biltmore Embassy Suites, expecting an outstanding experience because it had the Biltmore name, was in Scottsdale next to the highest end mall in Arizona, and the Ritz Carlton was done the street. It was a major disappointment for us. Upon entering the room, black soot was coming out of the vents (had to be fixed by engineering). They had the wrong departure date for my reservation even though I showed them the reservation receipt. They said they fixed it, and it still wasn't fixed. Breakfast was a nightmare, with at least two dozen people waiting in line every morning to get their eggs prepared (with only one poor woman preparing all of them.) On the 5th night, our room key no longer worked .. I went to the front desk, and they said it was because I had already accumulated over $1500 in the overall bill and that I needed to authorize them to charge me. Of course they already had my credit card and could have charged any time they wanted to. I have NEVER had a hotel lock me out of my room because I needed to make some intermediate term payment to the credit card (I later found out that none of that was true at all. There is no Embassy Suites policy to do that.) At 2 AM, the fire alarms went off. There were no obvious stairs and directions to them. The manager stood in the atrium lobby and yelled to all of us that it was a mistake but that they didn't know how to turn the alarm off. Need I say more? When I complained to the corporate Hilton office, they said they gave it to the hotel manager and promised a response in 48 hours. I didn't hear from them until two weeks later, and then it was only a subordinate, and they just apologized and hoped I would return. When I reminded them, a second time, of the issues, they THEN offered to refund a couple of nights stay. This is what I might expect from a cheap discount motel chain but not from the Biltmore Embassy Suites. I won't be staying at any Embassy Suites in the future. There are too many other great choices to pick from.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your reveiw of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay. It is our goal to create a wonderful experience for all our guests and obviously we failed to do this for you. I am glad we made amends, but i am also sorry that we did not jump at the opportunity to correct the poor impression.

Your feedback is important and we will use this experience to make improvements.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

The lobby of this hotel is beautifully decorated with fountains, koi, etc. It's very relaxing. And the rooms are exceptionally well done, very roomy, and very comfortable. The coffee provided in the room, however, is not of very good quality.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
As for the coffee in the guest suites, we are changing brands to The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf brand beginning this summer. We are excited about this change and I hope that you and our other guests will be happy with the improvement.

Please come back again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Very nice looking place. Close to the malls and restaurants. Great pool and spa and lobby with a tropical scene. Do not eat breakfast at 10:01 a.m. or you'll not get anything. They shut down promptly at 9 a.m. No if, and, or but.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies that our breakfast hours did not fit your schedule. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The experience and amenities are unbeatable. The pool was nice. The bed is massive in the king suite and I slept like a baby. The free drinks at the reception are stellar. Not a lot of places you can drink for free for 2 hours included in your stay. Friendly bar tenders and service staff. Bomb omelets in the morning cooked to order

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the great benefits of our Embassy Suties brand, the two room suites, full cooked to order breakfast and especially complimentary beverages!!

Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. the lobby area is beautiful with a five story atrium and lots of plants. Rooms were nice with living room and bedroom. I'll stay here again if I'm ever in Phoenix

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your visit and that we took such great care of you.

Please come visit us again.