“Sisterly Getaway”

Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Minnesota
“Sisterly Getaway”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. In general, I like Embassy Suites because of the two room suites, free hot breakfast and manager's reception. My sister and I headed to Phoenix for a short getaway. I picked this hotel for this Phoenix trip because it is right across the street from the Biltmore Fashion Park, which gave us easy access to restaurants and shopping. (We didn't rent a car - used a shuttle service for the airport to and fro.) Our room was quiet, even though we were by the elevator. As I mentioned, I like having separate sleeping areas - although the pull out couch mattress was awful! I eventually moved one of the double mattresses from the bedroom on top of the pull out and that was much better for sleeping. There were plenty of sink areas which helped with two people getting ready at the same time. The shower had good pressure and temperature. The rooms were pretty spacious and we moved the table to give us even more space. The TVs were on the small side. We enjoyed the manager's reception each night and appreciated that the snacks changed up on Sunday. Jeana was a fun bartender, making it her "job" to remember your name. I would like to have a smaller version of the atrium in my home - it would possibly make the Minnesota winters more bearable. Yes, there is something about this hotel that feels dated, but all in all, we had a very nice comfortable stay and would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Las Cruces, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Was excited about location. Can't get much better. Very poor quality of AC and when you are in Phoenix in July this is imperative. Bfast was good however no one to clean tables so forced to stand eating. Just dated and a bit rundown.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Laura R,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you had problems with your stay. We did have some damage to our air conditioning system which caused problems with cooling in the rooms this month. We have completed the repairs and the system is now working properly.

Please let me know if you have an opportunity to return. I would like very much to make amends for the poor experience.
Surprise, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Staying at the Embassy Suite was amazing, great accommodations, pool was clean, the rooms are big, my family of 4 slept comfortable and the complementary breakfast was outstanding. Staff was friendly, professional and made me feel like I was the most important person in front of them. And the price very affordable..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This place is so cool! Spent a few nights there while getting our daughter situated at GCU. Great rooms, workout room and overall service. Safe neighborhood. A must stay for Phoenix! Ate dinner in restaurant, burned some calories, Starbucks and everything else close by...upscale and worth every penny!

Stayed August 2013
Dear Ivan H,

What a lovely review! You made my day! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I am very glad that you had such a great time here. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Overall a good value in a great location. Reception staff were very friendly upon arrival. Breakfast team was also very friendly. I am staying here now and find it very comfortable. I would stay here again and recommend it. It is nice they have ceiling fans.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here with my mom and baby. Our room was standard Embassy Suites. They had a good breakfast but there is nothing remarkable about the hotel other than it is near the magnificent grounds of the Biltmore hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Longboat Key, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We came to Phoenix for a wedding and we had 3 different rooms that each family stayed in. One of the rooms had terrible air conditioning an bad smoke odor. My sister had to ask for another room after one night of being there. In my room, you could not get the water temperature in the shower to work properly and had to keep turning the water on and off to adjust. Then as you took a shower, it would suddenly get cold. Also, there were lots of noisy children in the pool late at night (up until midnight) so that was annoying. The pool should be cleaned daily to keep all the leaves out. Happy hour wasn't worth waiting in line for.

However, the room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and they had a great breakfast. You can also ask for rooms overlooking the pool that have a larger outside deck with a table and chairs. The lobby was very nice and you can walk across the street to the Biltmore Fashion Mall and restaurants. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: If you don't want noise, don't get a room overlooking the pool. If you have smaller childe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Marydonato,

Thank you for your review and for the feedback on our hotel. I am very sorry that you had problems with your rooms. Unfortunately, we did have damage to our air conditioning system which cause problems with cooling in some of the guest rooms. I would like to discuss the problems that you had personally if you have the opportunity. Please contact me at 602-553-8179 or valarie.miceli@hilton.com.