“Better than the Biltmore”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore
Ranked #49 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ, United States
“Better than the Biltmore”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Free cooked to order delicious breakfast, free welcome reception with cocktails at night- all within walking distance of shopping and food. For those who don't want to walk, they offer a shuttle. I transferred after one night to the Biltmore as I had prior reservations. I would have stayed at Embassy Suites if I knew ahead of time what to expect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Leonard L
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Leonard L,
Thank you for the great review! I really appreciate your taking the time to post your comments.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our property and I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Phoenix.

Valarie Miceli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We like Embassy Suites: the rooms are usually large, the breakfast is a real breakfast, not just carbohydrates in several forms, and the beer and wine reception is free but with usually cheap snacks. So, we are used to them, and they are usually conveniently located. This one was conveniently located, too, but the $99.00 per night room charge quickly ballooned with charges for WiFi and self-parking adding an additional $25.00 per night. When the room tax is added on top of that it no longer seems to be such a good price, and there is always IHOP or other choices for breakfast. So, for this one, it seems they are getting greedy, and I for one won't be back. Too, bad, as the rooms with free wifi and parking would be quite a buy, given the location. Or raise the price but drop the hidden charges for things that many travelers assume are a given. Then, a fair price competition can take place. Maybe that is what they are afraid of.

Room Tip: They seem to be the same, it is in a quieter commercial area, known mostly for shopping and hotel re...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hugh H
Berkeley, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good comfortable, relatively inexpensive place to stay on business in summer. Omaha Steakhouse is very convenient. Eat there or take food back to the room. Higher priced eatery (Hillstone) across the parking lot but VERY busy and noisy. Across street is Biltmore shopping center with plenty of other food options.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My average rating is due mainly to check in--computers were down so I couldn't check in. The reception area was packed and took way to long to get a drink. Great selection of restaurants across the street!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Steelcity1704,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties that you experienced when you were checking in. It is a very rare occurance that we have any system outages with our registration computers and I am so sorry you were inconvenienced.
I do hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to Phoenix.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I liked everything about this hotel except the poor air conditioning in the room. We had to have box fans brought into the room and it still was too hot to sleep comfortably. My coworker complained that he woke up sweating each night in his room as well.

Check in was easy, good breakfast, nice clean rooms. I would stay here again only if they fixed the air conditioners.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris6998
Dear Chris 6998,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by air conditioning problems in your room. I understand how important a good nights sleep is and it is always more difficult in a hotel. We did have some damage to our A/C system and repairs have been made.
I hope that you will give us another try on your next trip to Phoenix.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and daughter stayed for a swim meet because of great location. Upon check in they had no room, even though we had a confirmation of a room. Had to find another hotel room 20 minutes away. Finally had a room the next day, service was terrible and "maintenance guy" walked in on my wife and teenage daughter without even a knock. Later the next night the plaster from the ceiling fell on my daughter in the middle of the night.(SEE PICS OF JUST SOME OF TEH PLASTER, IT WAS ALL OVER THE BED.) They were supposed to have comped the stay but just found out today, we were charged for the stay and they will not reverse. I have NEVER written a review about ANYTHING in my life, but I am so angry I will never stay at a Hilton Brand again and I am moving all travel to Marriot. Terrible!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank desertclnr
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Desertclnr,
I am very sorry about the experience you had and that we have not followed through on a promise to reverse the charges. I would like to get this corrected for you. Please contact me at your convenience. valarie.miceli@hilton.com or 602-553-8179.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is the best I have stayed at so far. The inside is very comfortable and you feel like you are in a soothing outdoor setting. It is relaxing and entertaining to watch the coy fish and water turtles indoors. The complimentary breakfast is very satisfying. It was nice to have the free vending machines with my upgraded room. They are not always stocked unfortunately. We had to switch rooms several times because they smelled like cigarette smoke. The Biltmore Fashion Park mall is just across the parking lot. The Cheesecake Factory is a nice place to have dinner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joshua D,
Thank you for the nice review of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel!
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of the vending machine not being property stocked. I will see what caused that and make sure we get it corrected. I really appreciate the feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Phoenix.