We loved this place so much we decided to stay again for the Easter weekend with our friends from out of state... I am very dissappointed this time around and the only reason I am giving them an Average score is because of my great experience last summer.
1. Our "upgraded" room in the Sedona suites had no balcony or patio just a door leading out to a brick wall.
2. We had ants in our bathroom so they came and sprayed and we were told we could not use it until housekeeping came and cleaned. We had to call twice to get them to come and clean so we could use it... 2 hours later!
3. Our 2nd day housekeeping neglected to even clean our room. We came back from the pool at 4:45 and our room had not even been touched. For a 3 night stay we did not have housekeeping once!
4. The mattress on the pull out bed had springs sticking out. We had to call down and they did bring us a mattress pad as the bed was clearly not sleepable.
5. Twice our keys stopped working so they had to come and let us in our room but failed to bring us new keys. By this time we were on a first name basis with the front desk!
6. Our friends are driving back to California today and I decided to call down for late check out (noon vs. 11:00) so we could go to breakfast before we packed up and I was told that due to high occupancy they were not allowing for any late check outs. Well I guess that is a good thing because I don't think I really even want to stay another hour.
I realize that much of this might be due to the high occupancy for Easter weekend as this was such a night and day experience from last summer. If you do stay here I would recomend not staying on a Holiday weekend and for better rooms/view stay in the mountain side or villas! They are much nicer!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of America's largest urban park and wilderness preserve, Arizona's only AAA Four Diamond all-suite resort features spacious one and two-bedroom suites. Whether meeting with colleagues or vacationing with friends, gracious service, creative culinary delights, and unique recreational activities await. All in the midst of a tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Arizona Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arizona Grand Hotel Phoenix
- Pointe South Mountain Resort
- Pointe South Resort
- Arizona Grand Phoenix
- Arizona Grand Resort & Spa Phoenix