“What a place!”

Ranked #30 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Los Angeles, California
“What a place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for Memorial Day weekend 2014 and it was great!! Let me say this place is absolutely gorgeous and the one-bedroom King Suite was huge and very clean for the 3 of us. My daughter had the front area all to herself and we had the bedroom all to ourselves. I must also say when I read the initial reviews I was a bit baffled by some complaints of children at the resort. Uh well...it does have most things catered for kids e.g. Water Park, giant slides, lazy river, dine-in movies, wave pool, 3 regular pools tell me who else would want to do all that but families and fun people. So expect KIDS and expect lots of them!! So tell your business gurus not to book meetings or conventions there if you hate kids cause believe me you'll never get around them here esp in the spring and summer. We stayed in the Sedona bldg which was literally 30 steps from the water park entrance and bldg pool. Not a long walk at all. I would recommend this resort for families, golfers, or just to chill. We didn't eat on site because we knew it was expensive. There are plenty of other places to eat outside the resort if you have a car. There is also an enormous Fry's across the street with food and every electronic gadget you can think of. The resort is about 15 minutes from the airport not a long drive at all.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear joinkb,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on one of our greatest assets, our waterpark. We could not agree more with the praise. I am so pleased that you were happy with your stay! We do have a beautiful property. Our team works hard to make this a beautiful resort to visit. Our resort is, also, very family friendly. We love being a top choice for families, couples and corporations. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Phoenix.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a nicely landscaped property with comfortably sized rooms. We visit usually once per year to get away and relax at the Oasis water park. I have visitied with family and friends and we have all had a great time. This is a great place to make memories surrounded by WATER FUN!

1 Thank Cristy R
Dear Cristy R,
Thank you for you kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. You are right, we have a wonderful waterpark. Thank you for recommending our resort to your family and friends! We can't wait to welcome you back!
Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We attended our sons wedding at the resort and they did a beautiful job. I must say that this is the first wedding that I have been involved in where the wedding party was ready and waiting for all of the guests to arrive! We stayed here and had the rehearsal dinner at the Roosters Rooste which also went off without a hitch. All in all, everyone did a marvelous job and can't thank them enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 1bjm1
Dear 1bjm1,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent visit to the Arizona Grand Resort. We are so honored that your son chose to spend their special day with us! I am so pleased that you received the stellar service for which we are known. Our wedding department works very hard so our brides and grooms can be at ease, knowing everything will work out beautifully. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This property is large, nicely landscaped and fairly well taken care of. The location is convenient for easy access to interstate 10, but a distance from the city or other major points of interest. The resort was really overcrowded. The waterpark was a nightmare. There were absolutely no chairs or lounges available. The water attractions were over run by small children and moving about the pools was dangerous due to the overcrowding. I also found adults with cocktails in the pools with children to be a poor combination. There were no parking spaces at night, making parking a challenge. The staff also seemed to be overwhelmed by the crowd. The $40/night resort fee was steep, especially considering the amenities were not easily accessible. The beds were comfortable and the room was pretty basic, but overall sufficient. I would think twice before staying here. I doubt I would return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank btaillon
Dear btaillon,
Thank you for taking the time to remark on your recent stay with us. I am sorry the service and the waterpark did not meet your expectations. We are always working to improve our property and our level of customer service. We are a highly popular resort for families. Besides our waterpark, we offer many sparkling pools throughout the property that are also open to our guests. These pools are open later than the waterpark. We work hard to ensure all our guests have a pleasurable experience. I hope you will consider staying with us again to give us another chance to wow you.
Irmo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for a business trip but ended up feeling like vacation. The layout was so nice that after our work day ended it was easy to unwind and relax! Everything was top notch from service to facilities! I would absolutely recommend!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Adam H
Dear Adam H,
Thank you for you kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Our resort is a wonderful place to relax and unwind after a busy day. I'm pleased you came to work, but felt like you were vacationing. We hope you will consider us for your next vacation!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just returned from a three night stay at the Arizona Grand. We were at this property for the Memorial Day weekend. If you are under the age of 18 all you will remember is the awesome Oasis water park! Great slides, wave pool and lazy river. However, if you are over 18 and responsible for paying for the vacation all you'll remember is how overpriced and disorganized the resort is! There simply is not enough staff to deal with the amount of guests. Check in was fine on Friday afternoon even with a power outage. The generators were able to power the computers and keep the check-in process moving along. The bellmen took a golf-cart with our kids and led us to our room, which at first glance seemed nice enough. After three days of walking barefoot in the room our feet were black and gross! The fold out couch was very springy and uncomfortable. My mother-in-law was also surprised by a huge cockroach in her bathroom (we did get a small discount for this).
We ate at the pool area only once as the food was average and overpriced, $8.75 for a hot dog and $6 for fries, come on! Check in to the Water Park was ridiculous! Lines of guest waiting to get in and then fighting for chairs.
All in all the resort was fine and if you are a kid it was great!

Dear RickHR,
Thank you for taking the time to remark on your recent stay with us. I am sorry the service and the room did not meet your expectations. We are always working to improve our property and our level of customer service. While I am very glad your children enjoyed the waterpark, I'm sorry we fell short for you and the other adults in your party . We work hard to ensure all our guests have a pleasurable experience. Your comments will help drive future decisions. I hope you will consider staying with us again to give us another chance to wow you.
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I checked in I was told that I had received a complimentary upgrade. Instead we were put in one of the Villa guestrooms. It's basically a bedroom that they can add onto a suite as an extra bedroom. I had booked this place because we need the suite with the closed bedroom (husband has HORRIBLE snoring problems). Instead we were stuck in this little box.
The water park is great but it was way too crowded to enjoy. They don't let you bring anything in and then charge ridiculous prices for food and drinks.

1 Thank AZDiddy
Dear AZDiddy,
Thank you for taking the time to remark on your recent stay with us. I am sorry the service and the room did not meet your expectations. We are always working to improve our property and our level of customer service. I'm sorry the upgrade was not what you wanted. Please never hesitate to talk to our front desk associates about any issues. They are more than happy to help resolve any issues that may arise during your stay with us. We work hard to ensure all our guests have a pleasurable experience. I hope you will consider staying with us again to give us another chance to wow you.