“traveled for a conference”

Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Room was great. So clean and comfortable. Conference center is so nice and the staff wa great. One of the best facilities I have had a conference at. The food was awesome. The staff that set up the buffets did outstanding. Oasis water park is great family had so much fun while I was working(sad face) amazing resort.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tomfromoregon
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Tom M,
Thank you for you kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. You touched on many of our great amenities that better serve guests. I'm glad you enjoyed the property, we are always working to improve and provide a wonderful guest experience. What wonderful praise for our chefs, thank you. Perhaps next time you can come for vacation and enjoy Oasis with your family! We hope to see you back in Phoenix soon and hope you will consider us for that visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had to attend a one day meeting on June 7th, and stayed one night at the resort,
The grounds are beautiful and the staff is professional, cheerful and so accommodating.
My room was a villa and just perfect. I had assistance from Kerry Feltenberg to arrange a last minute spa appointment which was wonderful.
I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tracey A,
Thank you for you kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. You touched on many of our great amenities that better serve guests. I'm so glad you were able to experience our spa. We have wonderful services and wonderful team members. I'm also pleased to note that you enjoyed the property, as well. We have a wonderful team that is always working to keep our resort beautiful for our guests. We hope you will consider us for your next visit to Phoenix.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very clean and well maintained resort. Extremely friendly staff. One of the staff members actually drove as to teh supermarket in order to buy beer. A number of pools throughout the resort so yo could be with a crowd or by yourself. Food was good in the lobby bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Alastair H,
Thank you for you kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. You touched on many of our great amenities that better serve guests, not the least of which is our service. I'm glad you were able to experience the service you deserve as our guest. As you have shown, our team often goes the extra mile. We hope you will consider us for your next visit to Phoenix

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a great time. Staff was wonderful, waterpark was great, rooms were clean, bed was very comfortable. Check in was exceptional, check out Saturday AM was a bit crazy but the staff handeled it well. We were really impressed with the entire staff, everyone there seemed to enjoy there job and their guests. We give them an 9 out of 10 only because the pricing at the waterpark was in the $$$ for food and beverage. We thought the hotel to be a great family value and experience! We highly recommend the hotel and waterpark.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Whydothis066,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on two of our greatest assets, our service and our waterpark. We could not agree more with the praise for both. I'm glad check-in went so smoothly, we know everyone is eager to begin the fun! We do always strive to provide quality for a reasonable price to our guests. Thank you for staying with us! We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Phoenix.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here recently for a corporate function. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped. The hotel is surrounded by a golf course which provides nice scenery. Conference facilities are very good.

Staff seemed very courteous.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Adamxr1,
Thank you for you kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the view. We work hard to keep our property beautiful for our guests. We hope you will consider us for a vacation on your visit to Phoenix.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I had been wanting to stay here for a long time. So I jumped at the opportunity when i found a travelzoo deal and we had a concert to go to in Phoenix that warrented an overnight stay. The property was massive. Our room was nicely appointed but a bit hard to find and then hard to find how to get back to the car later. After 2 trips around the lazy river I was done with the water park. My friend went down the water slide twice. There was nothing else to do there. Not worth the $40 resort fee. They providw water but its Phoenix city water so unless you want to drink the equivalent of something that tastes like sewer/dishwater then you will be forced to buy a small bottle of water for $3 each as you are not allowed to bring in anything from the outside. When temps reach 110 this is like being held hostage in my opinion, as is their control of the air conditioning at night. Again unacceptable in Arizona for the rates and "resort fee". The concert was this weekend's saving grace. I would not return fo this hotel or recommend it to anyone else.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank arizona_8
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Arizona_8,
Thank you for taking the time to remark on your recent stay with us. I am sorry the property and waterpark did not meet your expectations. We are always working to improve our property and our level of customer service. We do allow our guests to bring in water bottles to our waterpark, Oasis. Also, all our guests are in control of the temperature in their suites, this can be controlled by the thermostat on the wall. If A/C is not working, please do not hesitate to call the front desk and they will do everything they can to make you comfortable. I'm sorry for the confusion. We work hard to ensure all our guests have a pleasurable experience. I hope you will consider staying with us again to give us another chance to wow you.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our group of two adults and two kids stayed for three nights in a two-room suite at the Arizona Grand, and on the whole we enjoyed our stay there. The suite was beautifully appointed and very clean. Two minor complaints about the room: there was no microwave, and the sofa bed mattress was like a lightly cushioned chain-link fence. Other than that, the room was excellent. The resort's grounds are lovely, and service was outstanding. Everyone was friendly, polite, and genuinely helpful. We had a toilet overflow one night (not the resort's fault) and the maintenance person arrived promptly, fixed the problem quickly, and was cheerful and thoughtful throughout. Our group thoroughly enjoyed the water park, especially the lazy river and the water slides. Room service prices are outrageously high, and the prices for food and beverages at the water park aren't much better; but these were totally optional services. Complimentary cold drinking water is available at the water park, and of course there are plenty of places to eat in Phoenix. The resort also has a gym and spa; we didn't use the spa, but did use the gym, which was clean and pretty well-equipped. While I would suggest a few improvements (specifically: microwave ovens in the room, upgraded sofa-bed mattresses, and more reasonable room-service and water park food prices), on the whole we very much enjoyed our stay and would visit again.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the fifth floor, which was the highest floor for that part of our building and eli...