“Consistent - clean nice rooms, ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arizona Grand Resort & Spa

Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
“Consistent - clean nice rooms, ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I stay at the grand several times a year - some rooms are a bit tired. But consistently clean, roomy and if kids come along - the water park is a blast. I wish they would recognize me as a frequent stayer - I have never been offered an upgraded room or been asked if a room closer to the front would be helpful. It's the little things they miss that could make the stay great vs. Just ok. Breakfast at lobby bar is too high priced for corporate expense account / I go to lifetime in Tempe and grab breakfast and coffee instead. Dinner prices are in line with prices at similar places. Most rooms have little to no view but the grounds are nice.

Stayed July 2014
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear shoreviewmntraveler,
Thank you for your remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us so often during the year. I am sorry that we have never recognized you as one of our repeat guests! We certainly would like to do something for you the next time you stay with us. I am glad that you enjoy our resort and the waterpark when you travel with your family. We would love to welcome you back, I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

it was a great stay for me and my family espialy because of the waterpark. plus on Friday and Saturday night after the waterpark closed, they show a movie at the waterpark. the only down side of our stay was the fire alarm went off at midnight and know one came to tell us where to go. overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear sam s,
Thank you for your remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on one of our greatest assets: our waterpark. We could not agree more with the praise. We have our dive-in movies every Friday and Saturday nights at the waterpark, providing fun for the whole family. The fire alarms, unfortunately, were set off due to the storm. We were doing all we could to turn them off. I am so sorry for the inconvenience! We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Phoenix.
Casper, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was very nice till you saw the shower. The grout was cracking and there was MOLD in the corners! There was also long black hair on the shower walls! It was not cleaned at all. The room part was clean and the bed was very comfortable! It was also very quiet even with being directly by the water park. However, the worst part about my experience was being woken up at 1am by the smoke detector. I called the front desk and they said there was no fire and they were working on it. The lady was extreamly rude on the phone and I never received and apology from the hotel for a compleatly sleepless night. When you pay for a bed to sleep in and are unable to due to the hotel's problems, I personally I feel that the least the hotel should do is not charge you for the night and apologise. There are so many hotels in Phoenix I would choose a different one! Honestly, I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nd20
Dear Nd20,
Thank you for taking the time to remark on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your visit was not all you hoped it would be. We maintain a high standard of cleanliness, I am so sorry that was not demonstrated in your guest suite. We also, did have an issue with our fire alarm because of the storm. We were doing everything possible to quiet the alarms so our guests could have a restful night. I am so sorry for that inconvenience! We strive to do everything possible to ensure our resolution is appropriate to the situation. We, at the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa, pride ourselves in providing a high level of service to our guests, we are sorry to have fallen short in your case. We sincerely hope you will return someday allowing us to demonstrate how important your business is to us.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a take your breath away stunning resort!! We were surprised how close to the phoenix airport it was. We had a very short stay here as we were here for business only but it is at the top of our list to come back and visit for leisure purposes. There is soo much that we did not get a chance to see and do! The golf course looks spectacular and the water park looks so inviting! We felt like we were being treated like royalty from the moment we pulled up to the main check in building. Such friendly, warm service. The rooms in each villa are all suites, yes I said suites! Spacious suites with stunning views! The beds are very comfortable and there is just a general calm, relaxing feeling throughout the entire resort. A must stay when visiting Phoenix!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear D and L C,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your business visit. You touched on many of our great amenities that better serve guests. We would love to welcome you back for a leisure trip so you can experience our golf course and our great waterpark, we are proud of both. We hope you will consider us for your next visit to Phoenix.
El Centro, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Because of my previous job, I stayed at this hotel several times. It is really nice, comfortable, clean.
A little pricey most of the year but during summer they have great deals on the price.

They have some sort of water park (besides the regular swimming pools) that I couldn't get into because of my timing, but it looked really fun.

I hope to get back to this hotel next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear AlexDeux,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visits. We do have a wonderful waterpark right on our property, Oasis, that is very popular with our guests. I hope you will come visit us again soon and take advantage of the waterpark this time!
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Arizona Grand is a great place for the family. The Oasis Waterpark has two large slides, one smaller, winding slide, a nice, long lazy river, a wave pool as well as other swimming areas. There are tons of lounge chairs and shade. The area is nice and clean. There is one way in and one way out which, as a mom with children, I appreciate. Summer, during the week, is an awesome time to go.

The rooms are all suites with either a king bed or 2 queens and then a queen pull out sofa. The pull out bed is beyond ridiculous. The mattress is so thin you can see and feel every spring. It's brutally uncomfortable. I requested an additional comforter from housekeeping to try to cushion the mattress but they refused saying they could only give us a blanket. They ended up bringing us a very thin, worn and stained blanket which really did nothing to help the situation. Next time, We will bring a comforter or an egg crate or something from home to cushion the mattress. But, the rooms are clean and large.

Also, the elevators and ice machines weren't in working order. We were on the first floor - sent to the 3rd floor for ice but the ice machine wasn't working. Went back down, called the front desk again who sent up back up to the 4th floor - opposite corner - for ice. Pretty irritating after a long day at the pool.

Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. And, if you're a return guest, they offer great discounts.

We ended up not eating at the Lobby Grill this time because they didn't have the breakfast buffet. Turns out they only offer that on the weekend. But, in the past, we've enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Michelle C,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on one of our greatest assets, our waterpark. We could not agree more with the praise. I'm glad you are able to enjoy the waterpark with your children. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, this time, with the pull-out bed, the elevators, and the ice machines. We were having trouble with our elevators, but that has been taken care of. I hope you will visit us again soon!
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at the Arizona Grand for 4 nights this July while attending a conference for work. I have been to a number of other resort hotels in the Phoenix area and this one was definitely not worth the price they charge. Overall very bland. With the exception of having a water park, I'm not sure I would even consider it a resort. The grounds are unattractive and very little work is put into landscaping. The rooms resemble old embassy suites rooms. You have a small living/work/kitchenette with no refrigerator and a bedroom/bathroom. The furniture was old and dingy. One of my beds had a HUGE indention in it you could see even with the comforter on. The second bed was a little better but extremely soft and uncomfortable. The prices for food/beverages was also crazy. $4.50 for an ice tea or bottled water? Again not enough of a resort to warrant resort prices. The food in the lobby restaurant was good but overpriced. The one good thing was the service. Everyone I met was really friendly, from check in to restaurant staff. If I had paid for this myself I would have been quite upset. Actually I would have left after the first night. Certainly much better options in the area for equivalent price.

Room Tip: Most rooms seemed to have no view. Try to find a room with a view of something other than a parking...