August 21, 2010-It has been a little over a week since we have been home from our Stay-cation at the Arizona Grand Resort. This was not our first time staying at the resort, we try to make it there for a family weekend at least once a year. We are still talking about our visit. We have some dear friends that also like the Arizona Grand, yet we are never able to go at the same time. This year we made a pact that we were going together. We both have daughters about the same age so we were looking forward to a great time.
When we got there we were greeted by very friendly staff, we waited in line to get our rooms and the relaxation was starting to already set in. We were all ready for a fun time. When we got to our adjoining rooms we realized that there was a maintenance issue in our room. I do not consider this the fault of the resort, things do break. The only reason that I would be an unhappy guest is the way that that the situation was being handled.
In this case I was not an unhappy guest.
I called the front desk and in a few minutes someone was at our door working on the issue. It was determined that this was not going to be a quick fix. I contacted the front desk and spoke to the Manager, Ryan Moyer and explained the situation. He was all about making sure that we were taken care of. I explained to him that we had our best friends in the next room and that we would need to move together as this was a group trip. He asked if he could call me back after he had a solution for us.
A few minutes later, Ryan called and said that he was going to be moving us and that a bell-person would be coming up to move all of our luggage. A few minutes later a friendly staff member came with our new room keys and we were off.
Ryan apologized for the problem in our room and said we would be happy where we were being moved to. We were, the rooms are great and we actually were a bit closer to the park. Ryan got us rooms that were attached which really made for a fun time.
The service was outstanding! You can tell that the staff really cares about the guests. I am surprised by some of the reviews that said the staff was rude because we experienced nothing but hospitable, friendly and over-the-top service throughout the entire complex. We all enjoyed our breakfast in the restaurant. The majority of our group are all "Bacon Freaks" the bacon that was served with our breakfast was delicious! It was not your typical thin as paper bacon, it was thick, crisp bacon.
The price for the breakfast was very reasonable. The fresh squeezed orange juice was not served in a 4 ounce glass, which I appreciated. The small loaf of bread served with my breakfast was a nice touch.
The water slides are so much fun, this time we decided that this was going to be a very relaxing "lazy River" adventure. I will say that as a parent, I appreciated and noticed the park's attention to safety. They had plenty of people working around the slides, the pools and the beach and the lazy river. . Also, this is a very clean water park, usually I am not a fan of water parks because they don't seem very clean to me. The water was so clean and clear, it was great. This was a fun and relaxing Stay-cation. I left the resort relaxed and in a great mood and ready to attack my Monday. The Arizona Grand Resort was a great experience!
We all cant wait till next year to do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of America's largest urban park and wilderness preserve, Arizona's only AAA Four Diamond all-suite resort features spacious one and two-bedroom suites. Whether meeting with colleagues or vacationing with friends, gracious service, creative culinary delights, and unique recreational activities await. All in the midst of a tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TravelClick, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arizona Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arizona Grand Hotel Phoenix
- Pointe South Mountain Resort
- Pointe South Resort
- Arizona Grand Phoenix
- Arizona Grand Resort & Spa Phoenix