“We trusted our waiter” 4 of 5 bubbles

El Encanto Dos
Ranked #295 of 3,037 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Wayne, IN
“We trusted our waiter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

And he didn't steer us wrong. We wanted chimichangas but closest thing on menu was the Plato Burro deep fried. The waiter recommended a beef filling that had potatoes and a white cheesy sauce. It was fabulous! Going back to have it again soon! Or waiter not only gave an excellent recommendation but was very good in every aspect. We were seated in the bar on a very busy Saturday night.

Visited May 2014

“Should have gone to Taco Bell”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We have frequented El Encanto Dos frequently for the past 5 yrs and enjoyed dining there. Both food and service have been good and it has been our go to place for Mexican food as we live close by. However our latest visit was totally contrary to our most recent visit. My wife and I both ordered the chicken and spinach enchiladas which were TERRIBLE! The chicken was dry and chewy, the green sauce was watery and tasteless and the cheese was over whelming . What a mess on a plate! We probably will
give this place another chance based on our past visits and hope that the chef was just having a bad day

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“A very pleasant evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We went there on a Tuesday evening with our son and his girlfriend. We were seated right away; our drink order was taken and delivered promptly, we were served tortilla chips and 3 kinds of salsas while we made up our minds what to order. The chips were replenished when we got low. Our son and my husband got the fish tacos, our son's girlfriend got a shredded beef burrito and I got a salad. All of our meals were very, very tasty and the portions were good. How "authentic" the food is, I don't know, but it surely did taste good. The drinks were fine. We didn't have room for dessert. Our service was prompt without being pushy; we felt comfortable taking our time and lingering over dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
waterloo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You pay extra for cheese and sour cream”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Ate there for lunch today with my husband. We had never been there before ( and we told the waitress this). We both ordered the fajitas. I asked if I could get sour cream and cheese with mine she said "of course" and asked my husband if he wanted the same, he said yes. The food was very good, the atmosphere was OK. It's something different than going to a Chilis. When we got the bill, between the 2 of us we had a $7.16 charge for the cheese and sour cream. I thought that was a little pricey! I didn't say anything, as my husband didn't want me to, so we just paid it. But I think the waitress should have told us when we ordered it that there would be an extra charge! I don't think this place is really that set apart from anywhere else to be honest. I will keep trying new places before I go there again...and I won't order the sour cream and cheese!

• Visited December 2013
Aberdeen
“A very popular and good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We called early afternoon to reserve a table for a party of 9 but the restaurant told us they wouldn't take a large table reservation as they already had some big tables booked that evening - they told us to to just arrive and they would seat us - no problem.
So we duly arrived at appx 6pm and the first thing the staff said was "why didn't you phone ahead to reserve a table, as we are so busy tonight".  A bit of a red rag to a bull really....anyway, after a 10 minute meaningless discussion we ended up in the overflow bar area with a buzzer in hand, waiting to be called.
The buzzer buzzed after 15 or the quoted 25 minutes was up - so the first good point of the evening.

The restaurant had slid 3 tables together at the furthest end of the outside restaurant area across from the pool.
The waitress was helpful and explained the different dishes on offer and also made some recomendations as well, which turrned out to be good choices.
We had a variety of starters which we shared and amongst us and the servers delivered extra side plates for us.
I thought the food was good to very good but not a 10/10 excellent standard.
We drove a long way to get to the restaurant so it would be much better if they got their reservation system sorted out.

• Visited October 2013